Just starting my 2nd run and need advice if I should actually be pulling things down instead...

• Thread starter trustyagut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trustyagut

trustyagut

Hi, I've just started my 2nd run after quite a successful first run and I've now worried myself reading about cannabis use in fathers of babies and children.
I smoke on the 2nd floor of the house, inside the same room with the grow tent in it, door shut. Nobody else goes on the second floor.
Right now my wife is pregnant with our first baby due at the end of this month and I have only just realised my actions could have already or may in the near future affect our baby if I don't quit consuming THC.
It would be very difficult to give up smoking but I guess I could get through it...Am I worrying for no reason or?

Z

Zill

It’s not so much your new baby as it is with your wife. She is dealing with looking into a scary process all the while thinking about her unborn child and whether or not her clear eyed husband will be there for her.

Consider that. Maybe switch to eating more cannabis or laying off for a while. It’s a huge life lasting event. Be there for her. Very happy for you.

Zill.

trustyagut

trustyagut

It’s not so much your new baby as it is with your wife. She is dealing with looking into a scary process all the while thinking about her unborn child and whether or not her clear eyed husband will be there for her.

Consider that. Maybe switch to eating more cannabis or laying off for a while. It’s a huge life lasting event. Be there for her. Very happy for you.

Zill.
Thank you for the message.

I've tried being there every step of the way for sure.

Usually I will try wait until atleast 3pm or later to start smoking so I'm active all day and night but it really helps me in many ways, but I'm sure there're plenty of downsides too.

Previously I was being prescribed handfuls of pain meds a day after work injuries and failed back surgeries etc but after awhile I made the change to cannabis and dropped everything else as I didn't like the dependency junkie type feeling.

Went on some trials with CBD/THC oil for a couple years and then was being prescribed 2g per day of THC flower to smoke. Pain relief not as good as with Fentanyl patches, endone tablets etc but it does give my brain a break from the chronic pain and I don't get zombied out like on pain pills. Although my eyes do get red and drowsy looking. I smoked heaps during high school and for the first few years working but ended giving up to join the military.

I really want to hold and kiss the bub lots so maybe if there's any risk there I may need to be stronger than I am now and give it up again :(

Z

Zill

There is no risk to you baby. The risk is what you’re missing. It’s all good. You’re thinking about it. Two thirds there.

Your buddy,
Zill.

trustyagut

trustyagut

There is no risk to you baby. The risk is what you’re missing. It’s all good. You’re thinking about it. Two thirds there.

Your buddy,
Zill.
Going to make a start and pull the room down tomorrow.
20231106 233139

trustyagut

trustyagut

Pulled the tent down yesterday and have made it through the first night and second day without smoking. Probably time to leave the forum now I guess. Cheers.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Thank you for the message.

I've tried being there every step of the way for sure.

Usually I will try wait until atleast 3pm or later to start smoking so I'm active all day and night but it really helps me in many ways, but I'm sure there're plenty of downsides too.

Previously I was being prescribed handfuls of pain meds a day after work injuries and failed back surgeries etc but after awhile I made the change to cannabis and dropped everything else as I didn't like the dependency junkie type feeling.

Went on some trials with CBD/THC oil for a couple years and then was being prescribed 2g per day of THC flower to smoke. Pain relief not as good as with Fentanyl patches, endone tablets etc but it does give my brain a break from the chronic pain and I don't get zombied out like on pain pills. Although my eyes do get red and drowsy looking. I smoked heaps during high school and for the first few years working but ended giving up to join the military.

I really want to hold and kiss the bub lots so maybe if there's any risk there I may need to be stronger than I am now and give it up again :(
my father always smoked, and my mom still love smoking flowers.
im in my 40's and no problems at all, BUT i started smoking with 12 years because my father smoked and had stuff laying around LOL
its an influence for sure, but it isn't garanted i would like smoking cannabis tho.
My older brother pretty much "never" smoked anything in his life.

trustyagut

trustyagut

my father always smoked, and my mom still love smoking flowers.
im in my 40's and no problems at all, BUT i started smoking with 12 years because my father smoked and had stuff laying around LOL
its an influence for sure, but it isn't garanted i would like smoking cannabis tho.
My older brother pretty much "never" smoked anything in his life.
Yes same here, folks have smoked all their lives. Definitely affected all us kids. I started smoking weed at age 7. Selling dads weed when in primary school. Smoked before and during every day at high school. That's what happens when you got bad role models. Wonder where my life would've taken me if I never knew about cannabis and most importantly had supportive, calm parents lol.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Yes same here, folks have smoked all their lives. Definitely affected all us kids. I started smoking weed at age 7. Selling dads weed when in primary school. Smoked before and during every day at high school. That's what happens when you got bad role models. Wonder where my life would've taken me if I never knew about cannabis and most importantly had supportive, calm parents lol.
Be the exception to the rule. Best of luck buddy. 👊🏻

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Thanks for the support it means a lot. I have started moving the dirt outdoors so we have a little garden to play around in growing vegies together as bub grows up.
Anytime bud, keeping it wholesome too. Gardening is dope. 👊🏻

trustyagut

trustyagut

Anytime bud, keeping it wholesome too. Gardening is dope. 👊🏻
For sure! before growing weed my partner and I were trying to grow tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, capsicum, potatoes among other veggies and fruits when living up in the mountains, it's very fulfilling growing and eating your own produce.
We're in the city for the next couple years but have an outside area we can do a bit of gardening still. Hopefully get back to the jungle one day though as I love being in nature.

trustyagut

trustyagut

Moving 500kg of dirt around not so fun. All done now. Ready to grow some veggies.
20231109 133329

trustyagut

trustyagut

Turns out I only lasted 2weeks without smoking. Things were going pretty well without, after the first couple nights of hot and colds anyway. Unfortunately I ended up needing to go see the Dr a couple days after the bub was born whilst we were still in the hospital as my back was wrecked with all the bending over and standing up with a new baby etc. I was prescribed a heap of pain killers and although I only took a couple, the hangover from them was pretty yuck. Regardless I am grateful for the two mornings that they really helped me keep pushing on but definitely didn't want to take as prescribed and start to depend on them, so...a couple days after bringing the new bub home I started smoking at night and have continued to do so for the last couple weeks. Not 100% sure which way I'll go yet.
Definitely lucky I pulled the room down though, as there's not been a great deal of free time lately. Cheers.

Top Bottom