Just wait

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

All they are doing with these endless bullshit laws is driving it all back underground,we should have just left it that way anyways,one step forward and two steps back.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
A relatively good source of information of what recommendations are coming out of the Gov's Advisory Panel are the emails that my friend Jessica the Twirling Hippy has been putting out. Is anyone getting these?
A lot of great info there, and from an "industry" person who is very much against the vertical integration model that so hurt private caregivers and patients.
I bet they will ban outdoor grows along with all the other restictions they will impose. Regulate and restrict, real legal ain't it. More money for the same players in the game.

It hasn't been legal in the past, but that didn't stop you before.... Will it stop you now?

We all have the "freedom" to smoke/cultivate cannabis, that lies in personal choice not legislation... To me waiting on the laws to allow me to grow this plant are like waiting for a religious institution to allow me to commune with the spiritual world, or waiting for a school to allow me to do math... We don't need permission, never have... consequences are attached to every choice and its up to each individual to understand those consequences before he/she engage in any activity. Maybe I'm just a paranoid fucker but A64 never seemed to be about personal freedom to me.
"Legalization" was sold to the people in order to take ALL the profits away from the commoners....AND to make everyone using and growing MJ criminals. Is it becoming clearer now?

I agree! And same as you, been saying it since last September. Most folks are in love with the idea of voting to change something but never even consider writing the damn legislation themselves. Most people voted yes on A64 for the novelty of having "voted yes to legalize cannabis" without concern for the actual ramifications....The only times I've seen a patient/caregiver lobby mentioned it is largely ignored.

Speaking of no one in particular, I love the hypocrisy I read and hear from folks complaining about the drop in prices while simultaneously patting themselves on the back for "voting to legalize cannabis" ... To bemoan lost benefits of a prohibition you helped end is as transparent as bullshit gets. For shame.

K

kolah

AND....now they have the perfect positioning to start ramping up enforcement of DUI-MJ.

Pick a nanogram number, any number...it won't matter much because anyone who smokes weed on a daily basis will be caught in the trap.

I've said it before and I'll say again, MJ needs to come off Schedule 1.

If all the money and efforts were focused on decriming it at the fed level instead of this "bait and switch" bogus "legalization" crap we may have gotten somewhere. Maybe.

muir

muir

Kolah----> it needs to become unscheduled.

I spoke with a grower running 152kW in the flowering room. Said they have 5 dispensaries, several selling 10,ooo.oo / day and knows of a couple stores selling 50,poo.oo / day.

I say fuck the industry. it's a back door for kids buying 2 zips a day and swinging on the street. THATS WHAT"S DRIVING THE INDUSTRY. that aint no industry.

K

kolah

OK, so this didn't turn out like many people thought it would. And hell, maybe it's too early to tell. We have until January 2014 to see just what-the- fuck is gonna go down. Miracles do happen. :) But..... if it still sucks when 2014 rolls up, at least the people will come to the realization that we need to take another path. I'd like to stay positive and think that if we keep trying things sooner or later something will work. It's when the people give up that worries me most. Keep the fires burning and we'll win this fuckin' war.

If ya haven't realized that yet THIS IS a fucking war. The REAL "War on Drugs".

< I dunno why but I just had a vision of John Belushi (from the movie "Animal House") running off and yelling Toh-GAH, Toh-GAH , Toh-Gah ... wtf? lol

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

AND....now they have the perfect positioning to start ramping up enforcement of DUI-MJ.

Pick a nanogram number, any number...it won't matter much because anyone who smokes weed on a daily basis will be caught in the trap.

I've said it before and I'll say again, MJ needs to come off Schedule 1.

If all the money and efforts were focused on decriming it at the fed level instead of this "bait and switch" bogus "legalization" crap we may have gotten somewhere. Maybe.
In cali they are trying to introduce a bill that would make ANY nanograms illegal kolah,crazy shiiit!

cannabeans

cannabeans

In cali they are trying to introduce a bill that would make ANY nanograms illegal kolah,crazy shiiit!
From what I read "they" already did this in Arizona.
PHOENIX (AP) -- An appeals court has issued a ruling that upholds the right of authorities to prosecute pot smokers in Arizona for driving under the influence even when there is no evidence that they are actually high

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Kolah----> it needs to become unscheduled.
......I say fuck the industry. it's a back door for kids buying 2 zips a day and swinging on the street. THATS WHAT"S DRIVING THE INDUSTRY. that aint no industry.

And with any hope those businesses will reap the consequences of their actions. Not every dispensary operates that way though. Will Federal investigators make that distinction? Maybe... Probably not. Very likely there is no distinction from their distinction. Too bad State investigators aren't doing the job they should...... regulations are a joke is there is no enforcement.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

And with any hope those businesses will reap the consequences of their actions. Not every dispensary operates that way though. Will Federal investigators make that distinction? Maybe... Probably not. Very likely there is no distinction from their distinction. Too bad State investigators aren't doing the job they should...... regulations are a joke is there is no enforcement.
You are so right there are some great conscientious dispensary owners that care about people but from what i have seen here in cali they are without question the minority,Most are in it straight up for the money,no matter how they get it front door or back door.You know how it is,you put money in an equation and everything goes to hell in a handbasket REAL FAST even if you have the best of intentions,whether you are a politician,a preacher or a housewife you will do some unbeleivable things for quick easy money.Rather than trying to reform the unreformable i think the caregiver who is allowed say 5-10 patients who buy a QP every 3-4 months is a much better deal,the money and temptation to do more is still there but on a much smaller scale.Better yet reschedule AND allow outdoor growing and most would be able to grow their own and those who just cant because of medical reasons or whatever the rest of us can just hook up which would not be a problem if your costs didnt include a zillion dollars in equipment,electricity,nutes etc etc.

sky high

sky high

All of the folks talking about having "safe access" and talking like pot will not be available if there aren't stores or dispensaries are so full of bullshit it isn't even funny. Throughout the 70's-80's-90's when there were few folks growing and all growing was illegal we were able to find pot and smoke daily. I can only remember 2 times in the past 40 years in my world when it was truly 'dry" and there was no bud to be had. Now that a lot more folks are growing...with more starting up everyday....the chance of not finding pot is nil....and such talk is just a front for those dispensary/industry creeps who wanna keep their monopolies on sales intact. Fuck that. Fuck them. Fuck the Gov't. All that is happening here is these current/small time operators are all guinea pigs for the corporate interests who WILL take it all over when/if the Gov't reschedules or relaxes their viewpoint on the retail offerings/commercial aspects possible.

Folks should be pushing for individual rights and damning any/all commercial ventures because if >any< allowance is given by the FED to the commercial side of this it WILL be to the corporations who the FED already has licensed and regulated successfully to manufacture the drugs currently sanctioned and sold in the USA. the last thing the Gov't will do is open this up to a buncha stoners/growers setting up small companies to look for the loopholes and run shod over any/all regulations like they are seeing them do currently here in CO in the med "industry".

putembk

putembk

There are already 15 states with >zero tolerance< laws on the books of one form or another. I believe 8 of those states have laws that prosecute for ANY amount of THC or any other illegal substance in your body. Undoubtedly, there are Farmers living in these states and dealing with these types of laws already. Here's more info.

http://norml.org/library/item/you-are-going-directly-to-jail
Good article. I am thinking that if Colorado enacts a zero tolerance policy and uses urine testing all pot smokers are screwed. I have heard that a heavy marijuana smoker retains thc in his/her system for up to 3 weeks. With that said am thinking I could get a ticket for DUID weeks after smoking nothing at all. How can we live in a supposedly free society with a bullshit law like this on the books. The old fucks that dream up stuff like this just need to DIE of old age and let a more liberal mind take over.

sky high

sky high

CO isn't going for a zero tolerance stance, put...but limits will be set @ some point.

the KEY is gonna be not giving them a reason to suspect you/not giving them cause to believe you are impaired. Kinda like not driving around with beer on your breath everywhere you go.

It sucks..for sure. Like many of you...I won't pass if the numbers are below 10 nanos...maybe even 15. Bottom line, we are all going to have to be very careful what we do/how we appear when we enter into the watchful eye of the po-po/public. Like it or not, while weed may be a constitutional right...we need to remember that driving a vehicle in Colorado is a privilege, not a right.

I know many folks don't wanna hear shit like that...but it is what it is...

putembk

putembk

CO isn't going for a zero tolerance stance, put...but limits will be set @ some point.

the KEY is gonna be not giving them a reason to suspect you/not giving them cause to believe you are impaired. Kinda like not driving around with beer on your breath everywhere you go.

It sucks..for sure. Like many of you...I won't pass if the numbers are below 10 nanos...maybe even 15. Bottom line, we are all going to have to be very careful what we do/how we appear when we enter into the watchful eye of the po-po/public. Like it or not, while weed may be a constitutional right...we need to remember that driving a vehicle in Colorado is a privilege, not a right.

I know many folks don't wanna hear shit like that...but it is what it is...
First and foremost do you look the part. What I mean is are you driving around in a vw bus with peace sings and fuck the government decals all over your bumper. Do you look like a drug dealer, how long is your hair and when pulled over what is you attitude? All things to think about. I also try and not be out and about late at night because they know you have probably been drinking or smoking or both. I try not to speed and make sure my seat belt is hooked and my vehicle is operating properly.
No 1 defense is to not get pulled over in the first place.

K

kolah

Yep, a DL is a legal and binding contractual obligation that once signed we agree to follow THEIR rules and regulations. After signing it, we waived our rights to travel freely.

Top Bottom