Just want opinions on what a budget grower can do.

• Thread starter Blazy_amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blazy_amber

Blazy_amber

Hi, my name is Amber and this is my first post on this site and also my first time growing cannabis 🙂

I basically found some seeds in my weed from my dealer and decided to see if they would grow, I didn't actually think anything was gonna come of it but they are about 19 days old today. I haven't got any fancy growing equipment so I just use a LED grow light from vogek when I am at work and then if the weather is sunny (uk here 🙃) I put them outside for a few hours. I give them about 8 hours of darkness while I'm asleep and then before I go to work I put the lamp on. Do they look like they are growing at a good rate? Would you suggest I do anything different(that is free🤣)?

I have 3 plants that I have grown myself and then one in veg that was gifted to me.

Appreciate any advice.

Just want opinions on what a budget grower can do
Just want opinions on what a budget grower can do 2
Just want opinions on what a budget grower can do 3
Ponky

Ponky

Depends how big they get lol
Well. You're going to emit an odor. I don't know how wise it is to order grow stuff online. It if you can get a tent and a light and an air filter you could grow all year long. They're probably best in 3 to 5 gallon pots.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They look nice and healthy. They might be a bit bigger if someone with experience and equipment were growing them, but you're doing just fine.

It is unlikely they are autos, so you will need some way to control light (like a tent) or trust them outside. (Not really trust them, but trust all the humans in your area.)

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Looking good.. keep it up. If u wana save money keep doing wat your doing. Bit id finish off indoors if i was you. Im from uk also. Weather hit and miss. Prone to mold outside especially eya in england. Summer now and weather aint been great.

Blazy_amber

Blazy_amber

Thankyou everyone! I think I'm just going to keep going the way I am until they are in veg then maybe plant them in the garden and just hope for the best 🤣

Oh also here is my other plant that was gifted to me

Blazy_amber

Blazy_amber

My others are called Fennec, Cara and Pelly all from star wars

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Looks good so far, if you can swing it a 2x4 tent is relatively inexpensive and you can yield enough to last until next harvest once dialed in a little bit.

Keep reading and ask any questions this is a great hobby

TSD

TSD

If you're going to put them in the ground, I'd suggest burying them in pots to control the size, maybe like a 5 gallon... I don't know how much space you have. You can also top them when they're a bit older to slow vertical growth and train them out so they're low and spread out instead of like Christmas trees...they have the capability to get huge in the ground if the roots are left unrestricted. Here's a couple pics of what I'm doing in my garden this year to keep them a little more incognito, last year they got out of hand... I have a diary of this grow floating around on here.
Day after transplant to the ground, planted at an angle in 7 gallon fabric pot.
20220520 081526

A few days later after I was satisfied she was ok after transplanting..I'd already started training while they were inside so I had the stalk how I wanted it. I removed the inner growth that would be larf, it of course just grows back at this point cause they're in veg mode.
20220520 090054

And another couple days later she's bounced back nicely and I just need to keep up with the training, thinking I'll try my hand with a scrog net this year. I didn't top anyone this year, I don't find it necessary to shock them that much, I'm doing pretty intense LST this year, and it has a similar effect to topping, which is redirecting the apical dominance of the plant and spreading the energy evenly across canopy I'm making... topping just does it instantly while Low Stress Training is a slower more involved process. Also, she's a Black Cherry Punch and isn't as lime green in real life, my camera just picks her up that way for some reason, probably lighting.
20220527 065623

Happy to help if you have any questions! Welcome to the farm!

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

Also, I start mine in a closet DIY style... The only expensive equipment I have is a low level Marshydro600 light for starting out and a Walmart timer, fan and humidifier, oh and a couple 3 dollar emergency blankets for reflectivity... it's not that hard to get them set up in an optimal environment with minimal effort in most cases.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Hi, my name is Amber and this is my first post on this site and also my first time growing cannabis 🙂

I basically found some seeds in my weed from my dealer and decided to see if they would grow, I didn't actually think anything was gonna come of it but they are about 19 days old today. I haven't got any fancy growing equipment so I just use a LED grow light from vogek when I am at work and then if the weather is sunny (uk here 🙃) I put them outside for a few hours. I give them about 8 hours of darkness while I'm asleep and then before I go to work I put the lamp on. Do they look like they are growing at a good rate? Would you suggest I do anything different(that is free🤣)?

I have 3 plants that I have grown myself and then one in veg that was gifted to me.

Appreciate any advice.
Dnt be afraid of burying that stalk in dirt it will grow more roots and more physically stable

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

If you're going to put them in the ground, I'd suggest burying them in pots to control the size, maybe like a 5 gallon... I don't know how much space you have. You can also top them when they're a bit older to slow vertical growth and train them out so they're low and spread out instead of like Christmas trees...they have the capability to get huge in the ground if the roots are left unrestricted. Here's a couple pics of what I'm doing in my garden this year to keep them a little more incognito, last year they got out of hand... I have a diary of this grow floating around on here.
Day after transplant to the ground, planted at an angle in 7 gallon fabric pot.
View attachment 1252120

A few days later after I was satisfied she was ok after transplanting..I'd already started training while they were inside so I had the stalk how I wanted it. I removed the inner growth that would be larf, it of course just grows back at this point cause they're in veg mode.
View attachment 1252122

And another couple days later she's bounced back nicely and I just need to keep up with the training, thinking I'll try my hand with a scrog net this year. I didn't top anyone this year, I don't find it necessary to shock them that much, I'm doing pretty intense LST this year, and it has a similar effect to topping, which is redirecting the apical dominance of the plant and spreading the energy evenly across canopy I'm making... topping just does it instantly while Low Stress Training is a slower more involved process. Also, she's a Black Cherry Punch and isn't as lime green in real life, my camera just picks her up that way for some reason, probably lighting. View attachment 1252123
Happy to help if you have any questions! Welcome to the farm!
I'm growing outside in cloth 30gal pots
They were up potted from clone to a 1gal, then to a 3gal.
Now in 30gal. Are you saying by the pot being on the plant and if they go in the ground that they won't exceed size if not in the ground? Seems to be the case in plastic but risking root binding/ pot bound plants=stressed

Top Bottom