just want to pick peoples head about veg and flower/bloom

• Thread starter devildog1986
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
devildog1986

devildog1986

hey everyone,

This is a subject that can get really debatable right away. veg and bloom time. the debatable part comes in the harvest stage of flower. i normally let the plant tell me when its ready, I know some do 20% amber others do milky, i won't even get into that.

I've done several grows now. 1 was hydroponic, and the rest have been organic/soil grows. never looked back. what brings my question was someone bringing up that they took too long in veg and ruined their crop.
i simply stayed quiet and left, but its been in the back of my head ever since. i normally wait for the plant to show its sex which is about 4 weeks, give or take a few days. then i give it about a week and a half more just to give it a little extra push during veg. from my experience it does not make a big difference how long you veg a plant for. aside from yielding bigger plants. anyone have heard about people saying my crop got ruined because i vegged for too long? if there is something i am missing please educate my friends. because i am simply curious if I've been doing something wrong. thanks much love and peace to everyone

devildog1986

devildog1986

see that makes more sense to me. he was making it seem like his concentrations of thc and cvd were getting messed up because he was leaving them in veg too long. which i simply said veg has nothing to do with it. its how you handle your bloom cycles. he said something retarted and hostile so i just left. but it kept messing with me this whole time. i couldn't find how it could possibly ruin your production levels by leaving them in veg too long. aside from not enough room to spread and give even light distribution. thanks man.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

That is probably the most common culprit, vegging too long and outgrowing the dedicated flowering space. However there are other places that grower might have screwed up. He could have left those plants in a pot that was too small for too long and the plants became root bound. If they become root bound the harvest size and quality will absolutely suffer.

There really is no length that is too long or too short for plants to be in the vegetative stage, so long as they are treated with care. Again, much comes down to environment. If there are stressors in the veg stage then the plants may also suffer. Root bound is one, poor temperature or humidity control, and just general abuse of the plants can all have negative effects on the plant in later stages of its life cycle.

burn4me

burn4me

maybe it was a combo of root bound plants and overgrowing potential bloom space. depending on the bloom area over growth would cause burn issues from light not being able to be raised higher and lack of LSTing. hell he might have stressed her out so bad in veg it screwed up final harvest. im not even sure i should be commenting seeing how im far from PRO but he might be newer to the grow and just made wrong assumption altogether. which would explain why he was a dick towards you before you left. sounds like a lot of variables but i dont think just vegging for too long is it. i mean look at mother plants......just my 2 cents sorry to rant on your thread

devildog1986

devildog1986

maybe it was a combo of root bound plants and overgrowing potential bloom space. depending on the bloom area over growth would cause burn issues from light not being able to be raised higher and lack of LSTing. hell he might have stressed her out so bad in veg it screwed up final harvest. im not even sure i should be commenting seeing how im far from PRO but he might be newer to the grow and just made wrong assumption altogether. which would explain why he was a dick towards you before you left. sounds like a lot of variables but i dont think just vegging for too long is it. i mean look at mother plants......just my 2 cents sorry to rant on your thread

we all learn from one another friend, no matter the experience level

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

i like what smoking gun said about overcrowding and not enough room for roots. i don't think you can go to far in veg, it just depends on how big your space can handle especially head room for lights and such. another issue i see ALOT is lack of maintaining bigger plants. gotta keep em high and tight to focus the growth in the tops anything below about 18-24 inches of the canopy tends to be under developed due to lack of light penetration. i don't think you can over veg. hope this helps

Top Bottom