Just Wasted Two Weeks, Starting Over

• Thread starter Arroyo Flush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Arroyo Flush

Arroyo Flush

I just wasted two weeks with my clones in the ground, having attempted to reuse my Ocean Forest soil after a conventional crop in 10g fabric pots. All six clones are stunted, many have lost leaves. I tried to pull a dead leaf off and the whole pod popped out of the soil. Roots have barely budged in two weeks!

Five plants are salvageable [the Black Widow is toast]: Jillybean, Chernobyl, Frywalker OG, Cactus, Blue Skittles.

Growing organically. Two questions:
1. Should I bother starting these in 1-2g pots outdoor, or is it better to just restart in my 10g fabric pots?
2. I attempted to recycle my Ocean Forest by mixing steer manure. The soil looks great, but may have burned the clones, gets waterlogged, and has chemical residues. Aside from moving this elsewhere in the garden, can it be reused at all?
3. Assuming I don't buy supercoil or blend my own, what's your easy hack for a great organic soil mix outdoor and in fabric pots? I'm in LA and find anything and everything.

Thanks!

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
ok reusing your soil mix was a bad idea it was holding to many nutes for the cuttings to cope with and yes not composting the steer poo didnt help at all it would have better if you had of composted the old mix with your steer poo to use at a later date my best advice is to buy the cheapest potting mix that has no nutes added and buy a bag of garden compost with a rating of 6,1,1,4. use 75% of the base potting mix and add 15%compost and 10% coco and water with phed water keep it simple or KISS method is my best plan of attack . good luck keep us posted on your progress .

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
yep and if you can
Perfect advice thanks. Straight into the 10g pots?
no trays under your pots i put 1/2" polly stirene blocks under the edge of the base of the pot so theres a air gap between the floor and the pot i let my plants drain into the tent floor and use my small pump to pump out to waist to the compost heap .

Latest posts

Top Bottom