Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong ?

• Thread starter Kgrows07
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kgrows07

I’ve got four seeds (moneyball)
They were all germinated and sprouted at the same time under the same light and soil with the same amount of water
Basically they have all been treated identically
But they all seem to be growing at different speeds and some look healthier than others . Can someone advise me if I’m doing something wrong
I’ve been doing small grows for years and years and never really had this happen
However I am under a new led that I’m still learning the right power settings and heights

Sorry the look a little droopy the just got a decent watering

Just wondering if im doing something wrong
Newty

Newty

-Soil type
-Water Source
-Nutrients
-Light model, settings, height, etc

Provide as much information as you can and you will get the help you need! This place is full of knowledgeable growers!

K

Kgrows07

-Soil type
-Water Source
-Nutrients
-Light model, settings, height, etc

Provide as much information as you can and you will get the help you need! This place is full of knowledgeable growers!
It was just a cheap type of fox farm soil with the basic fox farm nutrients
I get the water straight from my hose but I do make sure to ph it properly
It’s a 40x40in tent with a 500w ac-infinity iron frame evo6
I currently have it on 50% set at about 18inches away because that’s what the lights manual suggested for seedlings and small plants
Fresh air constantly into the tent with little fans help circulate everything and I have a exhale co2 bag hanging up in there
(New to using co2 products)

K

Kgrows07

I currently have it on 50% set at about 18inches away because that’s what the lights manual suggested for seedlings and small plants
Fresh air constantly into the tent with little fans help circulate everything and I have a exhale co2 bag hanging up in there
When my lights turn back on I’ll try to get a good picture of the set up

Newty

Newty

I use fox farm happy frog and Ocean forest soils myself. Don't use any additional nutrients right now, just let the soil do its thing.

Careful with overwatering at this stage, dampening off can occur.

Good size light for that tent!

I would turn down the brightness some, maybe around 20%-30%, only need 100-300 ppfd at the stage you're at. Once you have more vegetative growth, you can turn it up more.

There's an app called Photone you can download on your phone for ppfd readings for your light.

What is your current light schedule 18 on 6 off?

If your ligjt is off, try not to open the tent. You can cause stress and even hermie plants that way.

Do you have an actual inline exhaust fan?

Don't let fans blow directly on plants.

IMO the CO2 bags are useless.

K

Kgrows07

I use fox farm happy frog and Ocean forest soils myself. Don't use any additional nutrients right now, just let the soil do its thing.

I would turn down the brightness some, maybe around 20%-30%, only need 100-300 ppfd at the stage you're at. Once you have more vegetative growth, you can turn it up more.

There's an app called Photone you can download on your phone for ppfd readings for your light.

If your ligjt is off, try not to open the tent. You can cause stress and even hermie plants that way.

Well that’s all good info lol
I normally never used the small fans until they got bigger in vegetation and yes I do have an inline exhaust
One going in and one going out
Keeping the tent at a slightly negative pressure to ensure the air coming in is fresh and yes I am on 18-6
Maybe I have added to many nutrients I didn’t consider the soil already have nutrients
I normally have always used coco and mix in my own perlite so that very well could be an issue
Also I normally always just used an his from start to finish with a dimmable ballast but I have a hard time figureimg out these leds and everyone of them is different
I never learned much about par or ppfd so I need to do my homework

K

Kgrows07

I normally never used the small fans until they got bigger in vegetation and yes I do have an inline exhaust
Keeping the tent at a slightly negative pressure to ensure the air coming in is fresh and yes I am on 18-6
Maybe I have added to many nutrients I didn’t consider the soil already have nutrients
I normally have always used coco and mix in my own perlite so that very well could be an issue
Also I normally always just used an his from start to finish with a dimmable ballast but I have a hard time figureimg out these leds and everyone of them is different
Also I just realized it was ocean forest soil not fox farm
My bad

Newty

Newty

Definitely lay off the nutrients until they get bigger, Ocean Forest soil alone will support them for awhile.

You use to grow in Coco and now soil, soil is going to hold the water longer so keep that in mind.

If AC Infinity led light is to much for you, I can PM you my address and I can take it off your hands 😋

Mothman

Mothman

Agree with @Newty, I think your lighting is too strong based just on what you’ve written.

I have a 40”x40” tent with another brand of 6-bar light at 480w (Samsung LM301B white and Osram red LEDs).

I was struggling with my seedlings until I moved the light to 48” above the plants (the mfr’s recomm), and I used a daily light interval (DLI) chart to increase the DLI over a period of weeks. I gradually got them leveled up to DLI @ 35 on an 18/6 schedule, happy and busting out the growth tips.

My hope is to get close to 40 DLI by when I flip to flower. I use Photone’s DLI meter to measure light intensity, and this accompanying chart to give general guidance on optimum DLI.

Just be aware, if light is on 18 hrs, when you switch to flower/12, you’re reducing your daily light total by 1/3. PPFD may not change, but DLI (the daily light total) does, that’s why I watch DLI more than PPFD. Hope this info helps, bro farmer!

IMG 4500
N

Natep

Move the light as high up as possible and dim as much as possible. Let them start praying before you give them more light. You will be able to tell.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The Photone app is useful, but has limitations. It might not be accurately calibrated. I use it anyway, though, because it's close and can be useful for comparing light levels when one has multiple tents.

I try to position lights 30 to 36 inches above seedlings. It can get closer as they mature. I set the light to a low level, usually about 5 or 10 percent. The lowest setting on my AC Infinity light is 10%.

K

Kgrows07

Definitely lay off the nutrients until they get bigger, Ocean Forest soil alone will support them for awhile.

You use to grow in Coco and now soil, soil is going to hold the water longer so keep that in mind.

If AC Infinity led light is to much for you, I can PM you my address and I can take it off your hands 😋
Hey man sorry I haven’t been on in so long but just wanted to give everyone an update on the grow
!

IMG 0420
K

Kgrows07

Those have sure changed since the last time! How's everything been going with the grow?
Well after I spoke with you I went out on a limb to try something new and used this
And within a week everything was green and growing good
Everything has multiple tops and I just switch to flowering today so I’ve got my trellis up getting ready for the stretch

Newty

Newty

Well after I spoke with you I went out on a limb to try something new and used this
And within a week everything was green and growing good
Everything has multiple tops and I just switch to flowering today so I’ve got my trellis up getting ready for the stretch
I'm glad everything seems to be going good for you!
In two weeks I imagine this tent will be cover full spread
With the net and tucking/training, you should be able to fill that space nicely. Can't wait to see!

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I’m surprised no one picked up on you using co2 bags

They are a complete waste of money even if you was to replace them every 30min all you’d do is waste money

You cannot get enough co2 from a bag to make even 1% difference
You need tanks not bags and you cannot run co2 in anything other than a sealed room ; no vent fans no tent with zips that don’t create a seal.

They sold by doggy hydro owners who care more about there % made of each sale or other folks who care about profit not your plants or your money.

Honestly I know what I’m talking about and you may as well spend £/$ on a placebo as that’s all the bags are doing for you

As said you need tanks of co2, a proper co2 delivery system and a sealed room

You cannot run co2 on a budget of bags I cannot stress that enough

Edit re reading @Newty did mention it 🙂

Lol re reading my own post it sounds like a lecture 😱

Haha I really don’t like co2 bags there such a con

Last edited:
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I’m surprised no one picked up on you using co2 bags

They are a complete waste of money even if you was to replace them every 30min all you’d do is waste money

You cannot get enough co2 from a bag to make even 1% difference
You need tanks not bags and you cannot run co2 in anything other than a sealed room ; no vent fans no tent with zips that don’t create a seal.

They sold by doggy hydro owners who care more about there % made of each sale or other folks who care about profit not your plants or your money.

Honestly I know what I’m talking about and you may as well spend £/$ on a placebo as that’s all the bags are doing for you

As said you need tanks of co2, a proper co2 delivery system and a sealed room

You cannot run co2 on a budget of bags I cannot stress that enough

Edit re reading @Newty did mention it 🙂

Lol re reading my own post it sounds like a lecture 😱

Haha I really don’t like co2 bags there such a con
Co2 is pointless unless you are a commercial grower IMHO. The cost vs return is not worth it at all on a small scale

Top Bottom