Justiceman's Journey with Skywalker

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Yo everyone! This time around I'm being a bit more efficient in terms of runs. Usually I would drynet my harvest in my 4 x 4 flower tent and essentially lose 1-2 weeks of time since the tent is occupied by flowers instead of plants. This time I am hang drying my grape apes on a string line in the room outside of the tent so that way I can use the tent for growing again much sooner. I also took cuts roughly 2 weeks ago so I wouldn't have to wait and take cuts right when I harvest. So essentially I just saved 2 weeks in time! I harvested my grape apes 3 days ago and I just put my Skywalker OG's into the tent today!

Okay so I threw together a soilless mix different from my last mix roughly 2 weeks ago that way it could "cook" and be ready when the cuts were ready. Fortunately the cut's were ready right when I harvested. Here's the mix I made.

4 parts coco
4 parts perlite
2 parts compost

Per Gallon
1tbsp per gallon diatomaceous earth
1tbsp per gallon dolomite
2tbsp per gallon neem meal
2tbsp per gallon kelp meal
3tbsp per gallon Earth Juice Rainbow Mix Grow(Feather meal, Bat guano, Marine bird fossilized guano, steamed Bone meal, Sulfate of Potash from langbenite, cottonseed meal, sea kelp, endo/ecto mycorrhizae blend, .5% humic acids)

It's pretty basic but I personally feel it has some key ingredients in it(diatomite/neem). Those will really help to keep pests away and the on top of that they provide benefits to the plants. Obviously each ingredient I chose has a reason for being there.

So another thing I decided to switch up was my nutrients for this run. Yes once again! I know it's like I have a nutrient fetish or something. So far I have tried, PBP, Pura vida, Roots organics, Soul synthetics, General Organics, dry organic foods, Earth Juice, other random company additives like fox farm big bloom, liquid karma, roots excelurator, hygrozyme etc.

This time I will be depending on a combination of the EJ rainbow mix grow dry food, and General Organics with the addition of floralicious plus, and most likely Roots Organics HPK or HP. If I only use the HP then I'll also end up adding EJ hi brix or Botanicares Strapped for the K boost.

I gave them a really light watering right around the base of the stalks. Here's what it consisted of.

12/18/11
R/O
per gallon
10ml Bio Thrive grow
10ml CaMg+
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Root
1ml Floraliciuos Plus
1ml Rapid Start
8ml Voodoo Juice

Alright so that's what's been going on guys. Here is a picture of the Skywalkers!
Justicemans journey with skywalker

Justicemans journey with skywalker 2

justiceman

justiceman

Week 1 Vegitation

Thanks man!
you just won't stop will you? lmao

subbed.
haha! grim the journey never ends my friend!

------------------------------------------------

Yo everyone hope the holidays went well for you! I know I had a good time and I can't wait to party it up for new years. Anyway Not to much happening in the veg tent right now. The first week is probably the slowest week of a grow as the girls are still taking their time to get an established root system. So far they are staying green and looking good. I know I'm risking a bit by trying a different soilless blend and different nutrients, but to hell with it! My aim is only to move forward:character0029::fighting0003:

Here's what I have been giving them as of late.

12/21/11
R/O
light watering
per gallon
20ml Bio Thrive grow
10ml CaMg+
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Root
1ml Floraliciuos Plus
1ml Rapid Start
8ml Voodoo Juice

12/24/11
R/O
light watering
per gallon
20ml Bio Thrive grow
10ml CaMg+
5ml Bio Weed
5ml Bio Root
1ml Floraliciuos Plus
1ml Rapid Start
8ml Voodoo Juice

12/26/11
Filtered Tap
Full Soil drench
per gallon
20ml Bio thrive grow
10ml Bio Root
1ml Floralicious Plus
1ml Rapid Start
1.5ml Orca

Let me go over why the watering frequency is so high this early in the game. Instead of doing full soil drenches I prefer to lightly water around the base and moisten the top of the medium. This technique helps me to prevent over watering witch I have done too much of in the past. It gives me a better idea of how little water small plants need at this stage and in my opinion it helps to strengthen and increase the root system size rather than retarding root growth with excess water.

Alright guys I know it's not much but here are some shots of the Skywalker's(two different settings). I'll also throw in a shot of the Grape Ape for eye candy!
Week 1

Week 1 1

IMG 2616

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
No rest for the wicked! Nice work on being locked and loaded justiceman... :cool

B

bluewaves

Love me some sky walkers but I lost the strain...can't wait to see u blow it up again...

justiceman

justiceman

Week 2 update(Late)

No rest for the wicked! Nice work on being locked and loaded justiceman... :cool
Haha thanks shady. Liking those phrases!

Love me some sky walkers but I lost the strain...can't wait to see u blow it up again...
Hell ya bluewaves. I hope to not let you down.

--------------------------------

Week 2 Vegitation

So we're off to a slow start:sad0047: According to my earlier feedings I successfully overfed my Skywalker's. The reason being I thought the rainbow mix grow hadn't started to kick in yet but I was wrong. Fortunately they are quite hardy plants and ended up not burning to a crisp. 4 of 6 responded with slow but healthy growth. The other 2 got hit a bit harder and started to get nutrient lockout on the new growth because of how strenuous and hard water uptake is with high nutrient concentration. Fortunately we are at the point of return friends. They look much better right now then they do in the upcoming pictures.

Here's what I have been feeding them as of late:

1/4/12
R/O
medium watering
per gallon
10ml Diamond Black(humic acid)
10ml Voodoo juice
2ml Rapid Start
4ml EJ wetting agent

The above was observed earlier this week and the conditions and growth have since improved. I'm aiming for full recovery by the end of this week. Here are some pictures taken earlier this week. I'll post an update hopefully on Sunday witch should bring me back up to schedule on the weekly updates.

Healthy but nute stressed
IMG 2628NytB4

IMG 2628NytB4 1

Couldn't take the abuse
IMG 2628NytB4 3

IMG 2628NytB4 4

IMG 2628NytB4 5

Family shots
IMG 2631

IMG 2634

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031:Damn that grape ape looks so good bro cant wait to see everything progress i think your soilless mix is legit and i like your list of nutes man you got a similar style to me except im still using soil anyway good shit man take care and stay high but im sure you will off that grape ape can you say envy lmao

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

G

GrimloxK

Jus I feel you on the overfert too early...happened to me on my last grow. I hate stunted growth.

but it's just growing pains...literally. don't underestimate your soil/mix.

Also HNY to you bud. May the ghost of cannabis past bless your grow.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
I don't know how I missed this so far, but now that I found it, I am sub'd! Your Grape Ape was a beautiful run and I hope we get treated to another equally impressive show! Best of luck with everything.

-Meeks

justiceman

justiceman

Week 4

:evilgrin0031:Damn that grape ape looks so good bro cant wait to see everything progress i think your soilless mix is legit and i like your list of nutes man you got a similar style to me except im still using soil anyway good shit man take care and stay high but im sure you will off that grape ape can you say envy lmao

PEACE
KILLERCHEF
Yo killer! Ya man I've been playing around with different mixes lately. This one was a bit hot at first but other then that I'm liking the mix right now. Hellz ya man great minds think alike :bong2:

Jus I feel you on the overfert too early...happened to me on my last grow. I hate stunted growth.

but it's just growing pains...literally. don't underestimate your soil/mix.

Also HNY to you bud. May the ghost of cannabis past bless your grow.
Ya stunted growth makes my skin crawl man. Oh well like you said growing pains haha. True words indeed "Don't underestimate your soil/mix." That going down in the notes. You as well grim. I appreciate your positive vibes.

I don't know how I missed this so far, but now that I found it, I am sub'd! Your Grape Ape was a beautiful run and I hope we get treated to another equally impressive show! Best of luck with everything.

-Meeks
Haha you and me both man. I seem to miss tons of awesome journals and posts all the time. It's hard enough for me to keep updating in a timely manner let alone lurk the forums. I need to get some time together so I can check out everyone's grow's. Thanks for your energy yo!

--------------------------------

Yo everybody! So I missed an update last week but I also felt it wasn't of much importance either. They were still recovering last week from being overfed so not much growth or change went down but now they are coming back with a vengeance!

So I made a few additions as well as upgrades to the grow in the last week. To compensate for the 1-2 weeks of lost time I decided to throw 3 more skywalker cuts in the tent to make a full house. I also gave 7 of them 33inch tomato cages for support. You might ask why 7 and not 9? That is because I originally bought 6 a few months ago when the cages will still in season. I also happened to have an extra laying around for whatever reason. That being said I went to a couple stores looking for cages but came up with nothing. All in all I will continue my search but If I can't find em then oh well.

Sprayed the girls and top of the medium with neem oil a week ago as a preventative to PM, spider mites, gnats etc. BTW in case you are wondering what type of surfactant I use with neem it is Earth Juice assist at 1ml per quart. It's economical effective and all natural.

Here is what I have been feeding as of late:

1/10/12
R/O
medium watering
per gallon
10ml Diamond Black
4ml EJ wetting agent

notes: added 3 more Skywalker cuts

1/14/12
R/O
medium watering
per gallon
5ml CaMg+
1ml Floralicious plus
5ml Bio root
10ml Bio Thrive grow
5ml Hygrozyme
1ml Rapid start
10ml MadFarmer Nuts
5ml silica blast
Roots Oregonism XL

So as you can see I was light on the girls for the 4th and the 10th. Then on the 14th I decided to up the feeding and supplements because I saw an increase in growth and health. Also at some point last week I LST'd the original cuts except for one witch had become so stunted it didn't need training yet. Either way take a look at them now. I'm happy they are looking much better then before.

Night Shots
IMG 2636

IMG 2637

IMG 2638

IMG 2639

IMG 2640

Day Shots
IMG 2643

IMG 2645

IMG 2646

IMG 2647

justiceman

justiceman

Week 5 Veg

Yo everyone! Things are looking up. The growth in this last week has been really fast and the stems are quite sturdy and thick. Fortunately I'm not having any N problems either witch I am notorious for. I can't wait it will soon be time to flip! The 3 cuts i added are still pretty small compared to the others but that's ok. They should still produce some cool nugz. I'm hoping they will be a bit bigger by the time I flip the switch. So ya I've just been hitting them with the light feeding of the GO chart and they seem to be responding quite well:winking0067:

So far I'm pretty satisfied with the performance of General Organics. It seems to be another one of those nutrient lines with a happy medium between quality and affordability. It has good dilution ratios and does not require pH adjustment! I haven't been adjusting ph at all this grow. I tested the nutes a few different times in R/O water. My mixes usually range from a pH 4.6-5.0. If I use any EJ products(except for assist) in the mix then my nute mixes are about 3.6 on the pH scale. Some people wouldn't dare dump such low pH mixes into their soil/soilless mediums but I do it every time without batting an eye. Ah the power of pH regulating microbes and chelated bio available nutrients. No pH problems or lockouts. Either way the plants speak for themselves.

Here's what I have been feeding them as of late

1/18/12
R/O
medium watering
per gallon
5ml CaMg+
1ml Floralicious plus
5ml Bio root
10ml Bio Thrive grow
1ml Rapid start
10ml MadFarmer Nuts
5ml silica blast
5ml Bio Weed
10ml Hi Brix

1/22/12
Compost tea aerated slightly under 24 hours
5 gallons R/O water
45LPM air pump
4 air stones
2.5 cups EWC
12ml Hi brix
2.5ml Bio weed
10ml Diamond Black
5ml EJ catalyst
9ml Huvega
1ml Floralicious Plus

As you can see the last watering was with a compost tea. I went a little overboard with the addition of carbohydrates haha. 19.5ml carbs per gallon. That's 97.5ml for the 5 gallon brew not to mention the 12.5ml of kelp to further increase the carbs(complex carbs). So I'm saying this because with too much food a potential for anaerobic take over is possible. You can get a microbial boom early in the brew witch rapidly uses up all the food and releases a ton of co2 while rapidly decreasing o2 levels occur because of the high metabolism of the microbes. So just a heads up to all you tea lovers. Good rule of thumb is no more then 3-4 TBSP of simple carbs for 5 gal(45-60ml). Funny enough on the directions for compost tea on the EJ high brix it says 60ml. Less is more friends

Enough talk right? here's some pictures for yuh:cool0019:
Copy of IMG 2648

Copy of IMG 2655

IMG 2650

IMG 2651

IMG 2652

IMG 2653

:beer

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031:Looking good feeding that compost tea has a nice mix of goodies in it i bet you saw some growth after you fed it to them ive seriously had 2+ inches of verticle growth in less than 24 hour on my grapefruit diesel in full out veg after feeding compost teas its crazy the way the microbes kick everything into gear
also how are you liking the hi-brix i droped using honey es in my teas and switched to the hi-brix they get me the 2.5 gal bottles for $24.00 at my grow spot and its like a $100 for the 1 gal honey es it was worth in IMO and yeah the dosing is crazy on the bottle i saw that and disregarded promptly i just use my usual 5 mil a galloon for teas along with other sources of carbs Iim not a huge advanced nutrient fan but ive used liquid carbo load and bud candy for the aminos in my teas and the plants seemed to like it i also just got some ful-power and cant wait to see how everything reacts to adding it to the rotation anyway enough rambling from me take care and stay high my friend

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

justiceman

justiceman

Ya man you can't beat hi brix! It's cheap and effective. I personally think it's better then honey es anyway. I mean hell not only do you get carbs and organic acids. You also get calcium, magnesium, and potassium in fairly decent qualities. Other benefits probably exist that I haven't mentioned. Yo that ful-power is supposed to be really good. Get ready for massive mineral chelation and crazy growth haha.

justiceman

justiceman

Day 1 Flower

And so it begins! It's been a long haul during veg period. Xplanted with minimal roots and over fed right at the start causing me to extend my veg period by 2 weeks in order to recover! That's a considerable increase in veg time and I'm aiming to be more efficient next time. My plan will be to let the cuts root a bit more and to start them vegging in my small mom tent before putting them under the HID. This should prove at the very least to save me electricity if not time.

On the flip-side I noticed that the skywalker's have really been growing fast in the last 1-2 weeks. I attribute this to the ideal temps I've been experiencing plus the well aerated coco mix I'm working with. It was a really basic mix but to be honest I'm impressed. The addition of rainbow mix grow at 3tbsp per gallon of medium definitely hit them hard. Maybe a bit to hard at the start but now they are responding well to the concentration. Directions state 2-4 tbsp per gallon of medium. I'm not sure I would use 4 unless I was messing with some monster plants outside. To be honest 2 probably would have been better as I might have not run into that slight nute burn at the start. Oh well all's well that ends well.

Flower plans:
So Here's what my plan is for flower. Throughout most of flower I plan to use the BioThrive Bloom and Bio Bud. As an addition to that I am planning to add Earth Juice Bloom(0-3-1) and Earth Juice High brix(0-0-3) as my PK booster. Also at some point in the last week or so of feeding I will only use EJ bloom and EJ high brix to cut out the nitrogen in the BioThrive Bloom.

1/26/12
Compost tea aerated slightly under 48 hours
45LPM air pump
custom air stone(pvc)
3 cups EWC
12ml Hi brix
6ml Grow More liquid kelp
Additions at the end of the brew:
10ml Bio Marine
4ml EJ assist
5ml GO CaMg+
1ml Floralicious plus

Here's what I have been giving them as of late. Yup that's right two compost tea's back to back. I'm trying to get my micro heard prepped and ready to battle so their corpses and wastes can become my plants food and livelihood.

Anyway today is day 1 of flower so here are some pictures of the current state of the Skywalker OG's!
IMG 2659

IMG 2662

IMG 2663

IMG 2664

IMG 2665

IMG 2666

IMG 2668

IMG 2670

IMG 2672

:cool0019:

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hey man, w/e your doing keep it up. They are looking great, I also have a Skywalker cut I just recently obtained, I really wanna test her out and see if she's a keeper strain. I hear she puts out, how's the smoke and the quality? is this your first run w/ her?

justiceman

justiceman

Week 1 Flower

Hey man, w/e your doing keep it up. They are looking great, I also have a Skywalker cut I just recently obtained, I really wanna test her out and see if she's a keeper strain. I hear she puts out, how's the smoke and the quality? is this your first run w/ her?

Yo aero I received 2 cuts from a friend 3-4 months ago. I threw one outside and kept one in my mom tent. The one outside flowered and it was quite a nice smoke with lemon pine aromas. It was under less then ideal conditions and I kind of neglected it though so the yield was poor, but the cuts in my tent from the mom I kept seem to have far more potential in the yield department then my last experience with the skywalker. I'm excited to say the least. But I suppose you could say this is my first REAL run with her.

-------------------------------------------------

Week 1 flower

So not much happening in the nugget department since it's only been about 8 days since I flipped to 12/12. They have however been growing and stretching with a vengeance. The skywalkers have no doubt chosen the side of light. They will walk no path of darkness such as others before:fighting0040:

So here is what I have been feeding them as of late.

1/31/12
5ml GO CaMg+
10ml Bio Thrive grow
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Weed
1ml Floralicious Plus
10ml Huvega
10ml EJ hi Brix
5ml EJ bloom

2/4/12
5ml GO CaMg+
10ml Bio Thrive bloom
5ml Bio Root
5ml Bio Bud
10ml EJ hi Brix
10ml EJ bloom

I've been slowing introducing the EJ bloom into the mix. The 31st was the last watering with veg nutes but it still contained a small amount of EJ bloom. The 4th is obviously all flower oriented with a double increase of EJ bloom. I'm banking on the extra P and Cal from the EJ bloom to really fatten and increase my harvest quality. Of course the extra K and Cal from the Hi brix molasses should be another key player.

I can't wait for week 3! That's when I usually start to see the awesome come out! Until then you all will just have to deal with these nugless picz.
IMG 2673

IMG 2677

IMG 2675

IMG 2676

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking Good

That tent looks full of happy and healthy plants, hope things are good with you and yours

mal

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031:Lookin good brother im digging it man everything looks nice and healthy and it looks like there starting to stretch out a bit also the feeding schedule looks on point nice job bro your a very attentive farmer and your grows reflect it take care and stay high brother

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Top Bottom