Justiceman's Root Health Tutorial

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Good roots in coco come with sound watering practices period!!!!!!!! I prefer 100% coco. No need to mix anything like perlite into it. I prefer simple hydroponic nutrients that are easy to use. No additives or 15 different bottles to measure. That kind of stuff only invites problems in my experience so far.

Examples of simple easy to use hydroponic nutrients:
  1. General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom(6/9 h3ad recipe)
  2. General Hydroponics Maxibloom(1 part powder)
  3. Hydroponic Research Veg+Bloom(1 part powder and my absolute favorite).

Do's:
  • Feed often(At least once a day)
  • Check pH
  • Use a balanced quality base hydroponic nutrient(no organics this is hydro not soil)
Don'ts:
  • DO NOT LET YOUR COCO DRY OUT
  • Do not feed plain water
  • Do not add a plethora of additives(they are mostly snake oil anyway so save your $)

Never let your coco dry out. Did I say that already? I water at least once a day(except for seedlings at the very beginning). The more I water the better growth and the more roots I get because of the fresh oxygen being pulled into the medium on a regular basis.

Dry coco kills roots, and so does wet coco that has stayed wet for too long without irrigation. This is because it has not been fed again to renew the oxygen levels thus causing the roots to suffocate. You just can't "over water" coco. You can only deprive the roots of oxygen. The longer one waits to water in coco the longer the roots are deprived of oxygen.

In other words. Feed often and you will get thick and healthy roots. This is a very hard concept for previous soil growers to grasp. In soil you need wet dry cycles because soil holds so much water and so little oxygen at max saturation. Coco is an entirely different beast so think of it as such.

I truly believe the KEY is FREQUENT IRRIGATION

If you follow these simple guidelines your roots will look better and your nutrient uptake will improve so stop letting your coco dry out. Keeping your coco wet is also a great way to prevent salt build up and salt concentration which in turn obviously leads to healthy roots as well.

Here are some examples of plants that have gotten 1-2 feeds a day. Nothing but Veg+Bloom and occasionally +Life(microbial innoculant). That's it nothing else.

Deep purple
Pure afghan male 1
Dead head og7 weeks in a fucking solo
Transplanting chocolate hashberrys to 2gal from solo
Deadhead og before hempy in a 1 pot
Deadhead og
Justicemans root health tutorial 7

justiceman

justiceman

Thanks everyone! Just wanted to try to give back to this awesome community. We grow together.

Ordered some veg and bloom
Doing a side by side to see for myself
Are you following the 4--5 grams a gallon recommendation
Hb
Sweet. I vary the weight depending on the age/size of my plants but I like to measure the EC to be more exact so I can top off with RO water if I need to. Beginning of veg I try to run at .8EC(400ppm) with RO water which is roughly 3g per gal and I slowly ramp it up from there to the 4-5g per gal recommendation. I'm currently 20 days into flower at about 4.5g which ends up coming out to around 1.1-1.2EC(550-600)

hiboy

hiboy

Thanks everyone! Just wanted to try to give back to this awesome community. We grow together.

Sweet. I vary the weight depending on the age/size of my plants but I like to measure the EC to be more exact so I can top off with RO water if I need to. Beginning of veg I try to run at .8EC(400ppm) with RO water which is roughly 3g per gal and I slowly ramp it up from there to the 4-5g per gal recommendation. I'm currently about 3 weeks into flower at 4.5g.

Nice
About 4 years ago (guessing) I ran veg bloom when it first came out
Couldn't finish the run due to security issues and gave up on it
Shoulda kept it going since it's getting a lot of hype
Currently running Advanced costing 3000 a run for 20 gavitas with 156 girls
Veg bloom seems so much simpler so hoping it pulls since I'm starting the second room with 25 gavies

Hb

grohio

grohio

Hey @justiceman. Im liking your threads man. Anyways. What size pots and how much water per feeding. Your currently flowering in hempys right?

justiceman

justiceman

Hey @justiceman. Im liking your threads man. Anyways. What size pots and how much water per feeding. Your currently flowering in hempys right?
Thanks! I started off my current run in solo cups and then transplanted 4/5 of them into 2gal fabric pots. 1 of them is in a coco hempy. I feed 2x a day until I see some runoff. That's usually almost 2 solo cups worth of feed each time per plant. If you want more info on my grow feel free to stop by my thread buddy! It's on my signature "Coco Path"

grohio

grohio

Dont meen to bug you bro. But one question about coco. Is it free of all nutrients. Im kinda confused. Also, the only thing available to me locally is coco loco from fox farm.

justiceman

justiceman

Dont meen to bug you bro. But one question about coco. Is it free of all nutrients. Im kinda confused. Also, the only thing available to me locally is coco loco from fox farm.

No worries I love questions. Yup 100% coco is free of nutrients but coco loco has other things mixed in it so it's not the same as pure coco coir. Feel free to ask coco questions here, shoot me a PM, or stop in my journal anytime brotha.

Top Bottom