shaker1

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed
2. How old are your plants?
5 weeks flower
3. How tall are your plants?
just over a foot
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5 gal. 1 reg/ 1 smart pot
5. What is your soil mix?
subcools supersoil
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
3-4 days / very high ph water adjusted with lemon juice
7. What is the pH of your water?
8+
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
just what's in the soil / not sure the NPK
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
1 400w hps
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
10-12 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
6.25 sqft (2.5'x2.5')
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
"Day"75*-80ish* / "Night"65*-70*
14. What is the pH of the soil?
Don't know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
No bugs
16. How much experience do you have growing?
2nd grow

I have 2 plants grow exactly the same except for type and size of container. But only one is showing deficiant. My guess is "K". But just guessing. I don't think the soil mix really has much in it. Only thing missing in the pic I use is worm castings.
Comments, opinions, and advice always welcome.

K deficiantcy
K deficiantcy 2
K deficiantcy 3
K deficiantcy 4
K deficiantcy 5
Dr.X

Dr.X

Yep, that looks like K deficiency. How long have they been vegging before you flipped into flower? It could be a Ph problem or the soil mix is not that good.

shaker1

shaker1

Yep, that looks like K deficiency. How long have they been vegging before you flipped into flower? It could be a Ph problem or the soil mix is not that good.
A little over a month on the veg time. And I "assume" that with the extra lime and letting my mix sit for well over six weeks that it wouldn't be a ph issue. I also add lemon to bing it down a bit. I've got 1/3 of both pots filled with the "flower mix" then Roots + mix, then just Roots for about the top half. I've also been told these Jacks are kinda light feeders and would think I'd have plenty of food even for these last 8 weeks.....2nd grow...still learning....

Dr.X

Dr.X

Can you show pictures of the plant? If they are getting close to finish maybe it is normal. (only if there are some of the lower leaves)

shaker1

shaker1

Here's acouple pics from 2 or 3 days ago. You can also see the whole grow under "Grow Diaries", "Sannie's Jack F7 Grow"
First pic is of my healthier girl, 2nd one is the one in question. 3rd one is a bud off the "sick" girl. What would you suggest for an ACT?

IMG 0764
IMG 0767
IMG 0728
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Looks like K def to me, maybe add a little seaweed extract or some type of K boost as a fertilizer. Other then that they look great, I always thought that subcools SS was light on K and I think alot of strains like a lil extra K later in flower. just my 2 cents, good luck

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Your plants look great bro!

They look great because he pulled off most of the leaves that had deficient symptoms. Don't get me wrong, his plants look good, but, when you rip off most of the leaves that are showing signs of deficiency and the buds themselves are only about an inch thick then obviously there is something that needs to be fixed.

Like I said before just add a lil K and you should be fine.

Dr.X

Dr.X

They look great because he pulled off most of the leaves that had deficient symptoms. Don't get me wrong, his plants look good, but, when you rip off most of the leaves that are showing signs of deficiency and the buds themselves are only about an inch thick then obviously there is something that needs to be fixed.

Like I said before just add a lil K and you should be fine.

I know they need K, I was just saying that the plants look great..
1 week with some food and then just water to start flushing (if she finish at 8 weeks).

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I know they need K, I was just saying that the plants look great..
1 week with some food and then just water to start flushing (if she finish at 8 weeks).

Your right, after I re-read my post, I kinda sounded like a dick head, sorry bout that bro.

shaker1

shaker1

@Lex...other than pruning up the sucker buds in the 4th week of flower, I only remove leaves that are 50% damaged or more. And I've heard that about the soil being light on K too but it worked great the first run so didn't change the mix. Thanks for the suggestion, will be picking some up.
@ Dr. X....Thanks for your input also. These are 10-13 week Jacks that are actually on week 6 so far from done. And I use all organics so no need to flush. Took a couple pics outside in natural light today..........
............and why is this only happening to one plant??

IMG 0780
IMG 0781
IMG 0784
ralphy

ralphy

I agree that it looks like K deficiency. If sticking to organics, ash can be a good source of potassium.

shaker1

shaker1

I tried to find a good K supplement, but local shop didn't have much. I ended up with Root's Organics HPK. (0-5-4).
Hope this does the trick. Pics were taken tonight.

IMG 0786
IMG 0787
IMG 0788
IMG 0789
Fraktaal

Fraktaal

Wow, that is some pretty progressed K deficiency. Hope what you got does the trick.

Fraktaal

Fraktaal

I know, right? And I still don't know why only one is doing it. Hope she grows out of it.

I've often wondered why only a single plant out of a batch will suffer from a deficiency when given the same treatment as the rest. I've put it down to a genetic predisposition for that particular individual. Just like some people are more prone to certain deficiencies (such as iron), I think it must be the same for some plants.

Top Bottom