Kali Mist Discoloration and Rust Spots Please Help

• Thread starter Kalimist448
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kalimist448

First Time Grower (day 16 from seed)

I have been finding rust spots and discoloration on the leaves and I’m not sure what to do about it. I noticed it 4 days ago and it has shown up more and more. I was told the seeds where “Kali Mist” I have cut the leaves off since they looked beyond the point of return and I did not want the plant wasting energy on the leaves. I am using:

100% pure aeroponic system with a 20 gallon res

2 large air stones with a 793 GPH air pump

1638 GPH constant flow pump

“Morsen 2400W LED Grow Light 2 Dimmer On Off Switch Full Spectrum” light. ~ 12 in above plants
20 on 4 Off timer

6” filtered air in and air out

Humboldts secrets flower stacker
Humboldts secrets Tree Trunk
Humboldts secrets Sweet and sticky
Humboldts secrets Base A
Humboldts secrets Base B
Humboldts secrets Calmag and Iron
Humboldts secrets Golden Tree
Humboldts secrets Plant Enzymes
(Mixed according to feed chart for veg 1 to 700 PPM)

general hydroponics pH down to a pH of 5.00 right now allowed to fluctuate up to 6.00.

And I used a foliage spray ~5 days ago after turning the light off consisting of:
Bayer Neem Oil (1ml/L)
Nectar for the Gods Athenas Aminas (4ml/L)
Spray N Grow coco-wet (5ml/L)
Dyna Gro Pro-Tekt The Silicon Solution (2.5ml/l)
Natures Miracle Molecules Mr. Fulvic (1ml/l)
Technaflora Thrive Alive B-1 Green (2.5ml/L)
Technaflora Magical (2ml/l)
Technaflora Sugar Daddy (1ml/l)
(Mixed with tap water)

Water temps have been ~ 80 degrees F

Air temp ~85 F

Humidity ~ 45% using a diffuser (not enough room in tent for a humidifier)

FIMmed ~ 5 days ago since I need these plants to remain short and bushy. 4 plants in a 24”x24”x48” tent. (Kali Mist was only seeds I could get. I ideally want northern lights and LSD auto).

Plants started in a different aeroponic system under T5 HO grow lights using General Hydroponics part B to 700 ppm. PH of 5.50 allowed up to 6.00. I moved them into then new system 2 days ago. Humidity was ~35%, water temp ~80 F, air temp 75 F.

Upon relooking at the plants I see some purple now. So I feel like I have a phosphorus issue and originally burned the leaves with the foliage spray. I’d like to lower my water temp down but I don’t know a cheap way of doing that.
Kali mist discoloration and rust spots please help
Kali mist discoloration and rust spots please help
Kali mist discoloration and rust spots please help 2
Kali mist discoloration and rust spots please help 3
Kali mist discoloration and rust spots please help 4
Kali mist discoloration and rust spots please help 5
Kali mist discoloration and rust spots please help 6
Kali mist discoloration and rust spots please help 7
Kali mist discoloration and rust spots please help 8

K

Kalimist448

I added 60 Ml of A and B, 40 ML of tree trunk, and 5 Ml of golden tree to 20 gallons of water. Hoping it’s a deficiency and not nut burn

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Holy Christ.... You have sooooo much going on I don't know where to start. I'm not sure if I can help ya. Aeroponics for a first time grower is not something I would recommend. I have never done aeroponics but have some understanding of it.

You have more nutrients and addatives than I can count.

Stop taking anything off the plants you are going to stress it even more.

Can you take pics of the roots.

What is your source water? Tap, RO etc and ppm?

K

Kalimist448

Holy Christ.... You have sooooo much going on I don't know where to start. I'm not sure if I can help ya. Aeroponics for a first time grower is not something I would recommend. I have never done aeroponics but have some understanding of it.

I am using tap water which when tested was ~100ppm and pH 7.8.

I uploaded a photo of the roots but please note that the nut turn the water brown (golden tree and plant enzyme)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is what a grow would look like if someone started a grow 100% solely based on how buddy at the hydro store said to do it. Leaving nothing out.

I dont even know where to begin. You should try a hard reset, forget everything, and I mean everything you thought you knew about growing pot and grab a couple grow books. Good ones. Start with the absolute basics, cut 95% of your "nute stack" out, and learn about proper IPM. Follow some of the grow diaries here for tips and mimic successful growers feeding guidelines and environment parameters.

Throwing so much stuff at them is never good for the vast majority of growers. Less is best. Even a simple one part on its own like maxigrow or something would be better.

K

Kalimist448

I am new to growing flower but I have used aeroponics extremely extremely successfully to grow almost every other plant possible from lettuce to orchids in aeroponics over the past 5 years. That is what swayed me into wanting to try it for flower.

K

Kalimist448

This is what a grow would look like if someone started a grow 100% solely based on how buddy at the hydro store said to do it. Leaving nothing out.

I dont even know where to begin. You should try a hard reset, forget everything, and I mean everything you thought you knew about growing pot and grab a couple grow books. Good ones. Start with the absolute basics, cut 95% of your "nute stack" out, and learn about proper IPM. Follow some of the grow diaries here for tips and mimic successful growers feeding guidelines and environment parameters.

Throwing so much stuff at them is never good for the vast majority of growers. Less is best. Even a simple one part on its own like maxigrow or something would be better.

What kind of nut concentrations typically do well? Just a simple 10-10-10? Also to what PPM at what stages? I have 6 more seeds starting to germinate so that I can start over fresh in a couple days if need be.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am using tap water which when tested was ~100ppm and pH 7.8.

I uploaded a photo of the roots but please note that the nut turn the water brown (golden tree and plant enzyme)
Roots that young and color are not from nutes. Especially in aeroponics. The roots are infected. Honestly I think trying to give you advice of how to fix it would be over my head and I would be doing both of us a disservice.

Aeroponics is a very temperamental system and all parameters need to be met.

What went wrong here. High water temps, foliar spraying, removing leaves, so many different nutrients and addatives I can't pinpoint what caused what.

I would start with basics. If you decide to start over I could possibly be of some help but I don't think I can give any advice as to how to turn this around.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your gonna start over. Use you A+B if your going with tap at that ppm 1/4 dose cal mag. Starting ppm I would go with 300. You need to get the res temps down to 70 if you can. I would consider sterile over a live system for aeroponics but if you going live keep the enzymes and add hydrogaurd or great white to the mix.

K

Kalimist448

Roots that young and color are not from nutes. Especially in aeroponics. The roots are infected. Honestly I think trying to give you advice of how to fix it would be over my head and I would be doing both of us a disservice.

Aeroponics is a very temperamental system and all parameters need to be met.

What went wrong here. High water temps, foliar spraying, removing leaves, so many different nutrients and addatives I can't pinpoint what caused what.

I would start with basics. If you decide to start over I could possibly be of some help but I don't think I can give any advice as to how to turn this around.
So... start all over use maybe just the Humboldts A, B and golden tree which I already have. And keep the PH 5.5-6 using PH down?

K

Kalimist448

If your gonna start over. Use you A+B if your going with tap at that ppm 1/4 dose cal mag. Starting ppm I would go with 300. You need to get the res temps down to 70 if you can. I would consider sterile over a live system for aeroponics but if you going live keep the enzymes and add hydrogaurd or great white to the mix.
Starting PPM 300 and at what point do I raise it?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

First things first bit to answer your question.

You raise it when the plants tell you too. There is no such thing as a feeding schedule unless you have grown the same strain and recorded it yourself. Forget feeding schedules and label dosages... This is important. They are guidelines and absolutely nothing more.

You need to slow down a bit and make sure you can provide the conditions need to grow it. First and foremost res temps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm off to bed but if you really want to start over and give it a real go. You gonna need to fix those res temps and go either sterile or get hydrogaurd or great white.

Will check notifications in the morning. What you have grown in aeroponics will likelybe nothing like cannabis. I prefer a ratio of 2-1-3 or close bit absolutely 10-10-10 will work. It's the parameters that need fixing and keep the nutes simple.

K

Kalimist448

First things first bit to answer your question.

You raise it when the plants tell you too. There is no such thing as a feeding schedule unless you have grown the same strain and recorded it yourself. Forget feeding schedules and label dosages... This is important. They are guidelines and absolutely nothing more.

You need to slow down a bit and make sure you can provide the conditions need to grow it. First and foremost res temps.
That I can’t seem to be able to keep below 80. Are there any relatively inexpensive ways to lower res temp reliably?

FourthCity

FourthCity

First Time Grower (day 16 from seed)

I have been finding rust spots and discoloration on the leaves and I’m not sure what to do about it. I noticed it 4 days ago and it has shown up more and more. I was told the seeds where “Kali Mist” I have cut the leaves off since they looked beyond the point of return and I did not want the plant wasting energy on the leaves. I am using:

100% pure aeroponic system with a 20 gallon res

2 large air stones with a 793 GPH air pump

1638 GPH constant flow pump

“Morsen 2400W LED Grow Light 2 Dimmer On Off Switch Full Spectrum” light. ~ 12 in above plants
20 on 4 Off timer

6” filtered air in and air out

Humboldts secrets flower stacker
Humboldts secrets Tree Trunk
Humboldts secrets Sweet and sticky
Humboldts secrets Base A
Humboldts secrets Base B
Humboldts secrets Calmag and Iron
Humboldts secrets Golden Tree
Humboldts secrets Plant Enzymes
(Mixed according to feed chart for veg 1 to 700 PPM)

general hydroponics pH down to a pH of 5.00 right now allowed to fluctuate up to 6.00.

And I used a foliage spray ~5 days ago after turning the light off consisting of:
Bayer Neem Oil (1ml/L)
Nectar for the Gods Athenas Aminas (4ml/L)
Spray N Grow coco-wet (5ml/L)
Dyna Gro Pro-Tekt The Silicon Solution (2.5ml/l)
Natures Miracle Molecules Mr. Fulvic (1ml/l)
Technaflora Thrive Alive B-1 Green (2.5ml/L)
Technaflora Magical (2ml/l)
Technaflora Sugar Daddy (1ml/l)
(Mixed with tap water)

Water temps have been ~ 80 degrees F

Air temp ~85 F

Humidity ~ 45% using a diffuser (not enough room in tent for a humidifier)

FIMmed ~ 5 days ago since I need these plants to remain short and bushy. 4 plants in a 24”x24”x48” tent. (Kali Mist was only seeds I could get. I ideally want northern lights and LSD auto).

Plants started in a different aeroponic system under T5 HO grow lights using General Hydroponics part B to 700 ppm. PH of 5.50 allowed up to 6.00. I moved them into then new system 2 days ago. Humidity was ~35%, water temp ~80 F, air temp 75 F.

Upon relooking at the plants I see some purple now. So I feel like I have a phosphorus issue and originally burned the leaves with the foliage spray. I’d like to lower my water temp down but I don’t know a cheap way of doing that.View attachment 912385View attachment 912385View attachment 912386View attachment 912387View attachment 912388View attachment 912389View attachment 912390View attachment 912391View attachment 912392
Agreeing with everyone else here for the most part. I don't think aeroponics is more difficult than any other method but it does come with some of its own unique requirements and challenges. Some tips for the next grow:

For aeroponics the only nutes I've had success with are the GH 3 part. I'm sure others will work but I think the key thing is staying away from anything organic or living and doing a sterile grow. In my experience the aeroponics equipment and plants seem to not agree with the organics, enzymes, beneficial bacteria, and microryza.

To keep the res clean I used a product called zone by Dutch Master, this was a while ago so there might be something better now.

Stick with normal light cycles, not sure if you mean 20 hours or minutes but it should be 18 hours on 6 off for veg.

Find some way to keep the air temps under or closer to 80. Not sure how to advise without knowing where you are growing, is it a tent, closet, room, something else? What size?

I would start with the lights further away from the plants, if the temps are that high the leaves are probably burning up. When you have the right lighting and climate dialed in you can get the lights close, until then the plants are more likely to suffer from the extra energy than absorb it.

To drop the res temps ditch the air stones, they are not needed (and not 100% aeroponic), and switch to a 400-600gph water pump. You have way more pump than you need for that size res, Id imagine its highly restricted by your sprayers and both pumps are adding unnecessary heat.

Try and keep ph at least in the 5.5-6 range for veg, the plants start missing out on nutrients they need below 5.8.

Stop foliar spraying.

Dont fim or top with that setup, packed into one res like that they will be crowded enough without bushing out. Flower early for the same reason.

I would keep the ppms closer to 300-500 until you have plants larger and healther than those pictured. They will let you know when they need more.

Do some research on a better light. I don't have a problem with less expensive lighting options but yours is particularly bad one.

If you don't have them already add some fans to improve air circulation.

Im sure there is more that I missed but that should be enough to get this pointed in the right direction.

Moshmen

Moshmen

All I know is @Aquaman and@dirtbag won’t steer ya wrong ! I know nothing! But my advice would be to follow their advice! Lmao

K

Kalimist448

Frozen 500ml water bottles in rotation if you have the time and inclination.

I added abt 1/2 a L of ice last night and this morning. I put 3 water bottles and a 2 L bottle in the freezer to start using in rotation. I did some research and it looks like I can pick up a used mini fridge for about $30, then run tubing through it back into the res to be able to reliably keep it cool for ~$50.

Top Bottom