Katsu's MASSIVE Pre-98 Bubba Kush Reversal Bean Run

• Thread starter katsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

I am the Katsu that spread the Bubba Kush in early 2000s. Sent it out to probably 150 people...
My dewd!!!! It's a honor to just be in a chat with you!!! Being a breeder myself, believe me I'm happy to have crossed paths with you! I'm definitely looking forward to watching the evolution of these multiple strains from this here thread. Glad to meet you on thc Farmer, we'll chat again....

katsu

katsu

Supporter
Kaffir Kush at 1 week

Kaffir Kush at 1 week (Key Lime Pie x Pre 98 Bubba Kush)

katsu

katsu

Supporter
been quietly following ya progress @katsu looks like you have everything dialed in nicely.
That Kaffir Kush looks like it'll be bud sites all over 👍
Shame about the racist notes to the name, though I'm certain its not intentional
I recently learned of the "racist" meanings of this word elsewhere - to me, it has always been a type of lime tree that I use in my Thai cooking. I know words have different meanings in other places - my mother in law finds great amusement (she's Italian) that my handle is "Katsu" which means penis in Italian (slang perhaps?). In any event, a couple of people have mentioned the offensive alternative meaning and as the beans are also being distributed outside of the US, I'm thinking I should change the name. Thoughts?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I recently learned of the "racist" meanings of this word elsewhere - to me, it has always been a type of lime tree that I use in my Thai cooking. I know words have different meanings in other places - my mother in law finds great amusement (she's Italian) that my handle is "Katsu" which means penis in Italian (slang perhaps?). In any event, a couple of people have mentioned the offensive alternative meaning and as the beans are also being distributed outside of the US, I'm thinking I should change the name. Thoughts?

Maybe drop the katsu and just use bluebird seeds? I had no idea it had an alternate meaning. Surely it was unintentional as you’ve always been a stand up guy in my book. Sorry to hear about the drama at CP. I am distancing myself from that forum now due to your experience with them. We old CWers gotta stick together :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Side note: I just got kicked out of Chuckers Paradise...

So, I'm a pretty mellow guy. I don't like to engage in heated discussions online and, in general, just post what I'm up to, share stuff, etc.

I was talking to a friend the other day about cannabis forums and they suggested I check out Chuckers Paradise. I went over, opened an account, posted a bunch of pics about my current project, got a couple of nice comments, - just like normal.

I check in to review comments a few hours later and it says my account has been disabled. Hmmm... So I go to my post to see if it's still there and it's filled with about a page or so of people slamming me. My pictures are fake, the reversed Bubba is a male, I'm a troll, my instagram account is only 6 weeks old, and, get this, that I "copied" some guys description of Bubba Kush.

Can you fucking believe it? I'm still scratching my head, dumbfounded. I sent a message to admin kindly requesting that they delete the entire thread as this is clearly a community that had no interest in having me as a member. I've never been the target of online hostility before - part of me was really angry and wanted to engage, the other part was like "fuck it, there's lots of other places to hang..."

Anyhow - thanks for listening :) Back to our regular programming...
sounds to me like its thier way of culling any potential competition. Who needs that drama anyway!!!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Hahaha I never even thought of the resemblance of your name to the Italian word. The Italian word is actually cazzo (sounds like catzo when you say it) , so kind of close! I wouldn’t bother with changing your handle name cause at first I didn’t even think of it (my family is Italian as well) and now that you pointed it out it just makes ya giggle a little bit.

Could be a good idea to change the strain name if it’s a bad slang. I never knew of the meaning til reading these posts and googling it. But as for your handle, there’s nothing bad about just saying penis lol

Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

When at first glance the name to me implied that it was a Hindu cross or Afghani mix. There is a whole boatload of other strain names more offensive. I wouldn't change a thing, you have alot of other strains out there, where if one would research it you've never shown to be that type of person. Do you Katsu...

McNaughty

McNaughty

Just to be clear, i wasnt trying to shit on you in anyway, i only wanted to point it out in case you didn't know already..
Yeah I know it's also a type of lime so I can appreciate how the name came about.

Wow see perfect example, I never knew Katsu meant that either lol.

It's up to you if you change the name mate, i personally would consider it but that's just me. That or just put an *refers to lime tree not African racism at the bottom of the packs 🤣

Wish ya nothing but success 👍

Top Bottom