Keep away the pests in my shed!

• Thread starter Littlefoxton100
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Littlefoxton100

Littlefoxton100

Hi all!
Need help please! Based in the UK and first grow. I recently posted about fat leaves but hopefully if I cut back on the nutrients and water it may help. Unfortunately now I’ve encountered another problem- pests! Predominately green-/white flies I think. So far I’ve seen 4/5 hovering around and difficult to catch and squish. I’ve a shed grow with a tent. Can anyone recommend a pesticide I can get either from Amazon prime or from a Garden store (eg B&Q/ Homebase) that will eradicate bugs but not harm my plants?? Thanks!
Pic attached (assume the wilting leaves on a couple of plants are nutrient burn)

Keep away the pests in my shed
Redneckx

Redneckx

Hey, looks like you're overwatering your plants! Let them dry back once completely add domacious earth as top feed mix it in your top layer and use a little neem oil in your water, spread out some sticky traps and pray for the lord of weed 😅
Check your leaves, they may lay eggs below and hunt all these bitches down 🤬
Guess you'll be fine soon when you fix the nutrient problem which is what I guess resulting also due to overwatering(lack of oxygen in the soil)
Just let your plant always give a good dryback(when the pots feel really light) if not, the pests will stay or they come back anytime.
Good luck and happy growing 🪴

Littlefoxton100

Littlefoxton100

Hey, looks like you're overwatering your plants! Let them dry back once completely add domacious earth as top feed mix it in your top layer and use a little neem oil in your water, spread out some sticky traps and pray for the lord of weed 😅
Check your leaves, they may lay eggs below and hunt all these bitches down 🤬
Guess you'll be fine soon when you fix the nutrient problem which is what I guess resulting also due to overwatering(lack of oxygen in the soil)
Just let your plant always give a good dryback(when the pots feel really light) if not, the pests will stay or they come back anytime.
Good luck and happy growing 🪴
Thanks buddy I really appreciate the help! I’ll hold off on the watering and the nutrients until the plants are a bit more vibrant and the pots dry. I got some Neem oil but touch wood won’t be needed- I did use a small spray of bug killer and seems to have done the trick! Based in UK the humidity and rain along with cold temperatures I think makes me susceptible to flies so will be on alert! Thanks for the soil advice also buddy- any other tips most welcome! :)

Redneckx

Redneckx

Thanks buddy I really appreciate the help! I’ll hold off on the watering and the nutrients until the plants are a bit more vibrant and the pots dry. I got some Neem oil but touch wood won’t be needed- I did use a small spray of bug killer and seems to have done the trick! Based in UK the humidity and rain along with cold temperatures I think makes me susceptible to flies so will be on alert! Thanks for the soil advice also buddy- any other tips most welcome! :)
It's a pleasure!
Nice to hear that the bug killer worked, just make sure it isn't toxic. You could spray neem oil on the plants when they're not flowering, it doesn't harm the plant anyhow and could be use to prevent as well i think, but don't overdue it, the pest will be resistant in time and stop eat it.
Keep us updated how it's going and feel free to pm me anytime.

Top Bottom