Keep getting nasty tasting bud

• Thread starter Rickslab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rickslab

I keep getting the same taste in. My buds, they look amazing but the smell and taste are off, sometimes I get them to smell dank but taste nasty,,

What I'm I don't wrong, I need a grow buddy or someone who can relay on shhh

IMG 20220121 195647 785
IMG 20220109 161732523 HDR
sambapati

sambapati

I keep getting the same taste in. My buds, they look amazing but the smell and taste are off, sometimes I get them to smell dank but taste nasty,,

Taste part is simple as adding some dried spearmint/peppermint tea or ground rosemary to your doobie. I also use menthol filters....makes the smoke cooler. About aroma...lots of theories...

Homesteader

Homesteader

Are you in soil? Are you cutting your harvest too early? I am the worlds biggest fan of gypsum just so you know but providing adequate sulfates to the plants pays off in taste and smell imo. Gypsum in soil is a huge benefit, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 1 cup per plant is enough but you could double that if you have decent size plants.

Last edited:
R

Rickslab

Are you in soil? Are you cutting your harvest too early? I am the worlds biggest fan of gypsum just so you know but providing adequate sulfates to the plants pays off in taste and smell imo. Gypsum in soil is a huge benefit, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 1 cup per plant is enough but you could double that if you have decent size plants.
Yes I'm in soil, I get amber thricomes here and there, I think I need help with drying and curing,, ith seems that I'm drying to quick

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I like the gypsum recommendation....I just googled...then Amazon.....Thanks I needed that...I grew a few small auto's last grow that after jarring still smells like hay...... I was thinking it was dried too quickly and there's not enough volume to cure it properly. If gypsum can help wtf $15cdn/lb delivered to my door...lol.......😁😁😍

PK1

PK1

Supporter
whats the color of the ash once you smoke a joint?

for the last 2weeks just water your plant, than cut it at main stem and hang it in a room temp for three days. From there cut the fan leaves and than cure it in a room that has 60 temps and 60 humidity for two weeks. Once thats done you can trim and store in a jar or sealed bag. I put the that in freezer to keep them fresh.

R

Rickslab

What strain? Auto?
Right now photo, blue dream from ilgm
And GMO x hazylady by thugpug

I currently flush, I'm at 250 ppm around there I'm almost at harvest time, trichomes are turning amber, do I need to keep flushing

Homesteader

Homesteader

I like the gypsum recommendation....I just googled...then Amazon.....Thanks I needed that...I grew a few small auto's last grow that after jarring still smells like hay...... I was thinking it was dried too quickly and there's not enough volume to cure it properly. If gypsum can help wtf $15cdn/lb delivered to my door...lol.......😁😁😍
Check your local box store. Should be pretty cheap. I use to only buy the organic one but it seems the only difference was $8 higher and an omri label. I think I pay like $12 for 25 pounds.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Right now photo, blue dream from ilgm
And GMO x hazylady by thugpug

I currently flush, I'm at 250 ppm around there I'm almost at harvest time, trichomes are turning amber, do I need to keep flushing
how long have you been flushing?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Check your local box store. Should be pretty cheap. I use to only buy the organic one but it seems the only difference was $8 higher and an omri label. I think I pay like $12 for 25 pounds.
Usa prices.....Check Canadian price.... to get to a store that might have some at a better price than Amazon I'd have to go into Halifax....1 hr drive.....there goes any savings in gas...

R

Rickslab

how long have you been flushing?
I've been flushing for two weeks, Ive check again and the ppm were high on 1800, I did a super flush 2 days ago and brought it down to 250 ppm, do I need another super flush, I'm definitely trying some gysum,, right now I'm flushing with rock rosinator,

Madbud

Madbud

Yes I'm in soil, I get amber thricomes here and there, I think I need help with drying and curing,, ith seems that I'm drying to quick
Its all about the dry and cure, the longer the better. I try for 60°,60% humidity, dark with light air circulation, and jar when they stop losing weight. Less guesswork, stems snap clean. Open the containers once/day for a couple days. Cool, dark and airtight, cure around 62%.

Top Bottom