Keeping height down.

• Thread starter Seriesnuns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

I’m growing legally outdoors but don’t want my plants growing over my fence line.

Should I clip as they get taller or take it down farther and let the small stalks get beefier?

Keeping height down
Keeping height down 2
Reactions: Ina
FrankieG

FrankieG

You've got a sunny spot right behind that big bush, move them out of the shade and behind that bush. They look like they could use some sun or something. I would have said super crop them, but you've got like a 4 foot fence. Might wanna think about growing strawberries or something that doesn't grow to 12 feet tall outdoors LOL.

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Yeah my yard gets sun at different parts of the day. I prune pretty often probably why they look a little thin

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Lol you haven’t paid taxes until you’ve lived in Kalifornia. We can only grow indoor here legally unfortunately

FrankieG

FrankieG

Yeah, it's one thing to control height to a certain degree, and I've seen plants splayed out like huge starfish, but they took up a huge area and walking through and walking in that garden was a nightmare. I've got a couple I'm keeping the height down on now by supercropping it every week or so. It works and I supercrop certain strains from the time they hit the dirt until they hit stretch, but every one of them would be over that fence. Good luck.

Trevor0179

Trevor0179

Early topping and super cropping will keep them short. These two are only 17 and 20 inches tall. 17 inch was planted on Apr 28 and 20 incher was planted may 6.Both started from seed

20190701 194022
20190702 063246
Reactions: Ina
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

If that's the fence you care about, you are so fucked. Those plants are gonna be four to six feet taller. You could train them extremely off to the sides.

You mention you are pruning them often. There is no reason to do that; you aren't helping them.

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

😂 The corn and beef steak tomatoes are doing well too. All about competition.

roach

roach

The best way to keep height down outdoors is starting them late, if you have enough sunshine and provide plenty of water and nutrients they are going to be huge no matter what (almost).

Top Bottom