Keeping Moths Off Potted Plant

• Thread starter Slap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slap

Slap

VIA preventative pest control, without using pesticide of any kind.Has anyone ever used screen cages, around potted plants at night? Does anyone have any input on screen cages working?

Bspecial2u

Bspecial2u

I hate moths, I can’t image cages being effective.... I think zappers, and zap swatters, and yellow sticky sheets are the answer to resolve intrusion of moths in, on or around plants! I have the yellow sticky sheets at various levels and I need to swap them out all the time to make room for more moths to meet their fate. Also, works with whiteflies and such if they come in to suck on your plants, seeing them on the sticky cards makes ya aware of their presence!

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

yep...moths are actually your worst enemy out there...google the hemp borer worm and the corn bore worm to start...id them and eliminate to the best of your ability...there are probly more out there i dont know of...those are just the ones i dealt with b4.....ever open a bud up and find a maggot or 3? google and read...very hard to get rid of once eggs get laid and they burrow in...just a little info for you to keep in back of your mind.

Slap

Slap

I hate moths, I can’t image cages being effective.... I think zappers, and zap swatters, and yellow sticky sheets are the answer to resolve intrusion of moths in, on or around plants! I have the yellow sticky sheets at various levels and I need to swap them out all the time to make room for more moths to meet their fate. Also, works with whiteflies and such if they come in to suck on your plants, seeing them on the sticky cards makes ya aware of their presence!

You hang them directly on the plant? I get an afternoon wind here everyday. Will they stick to leaves if yellow sticky paper is blowing around.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You hang them directly on the plant? I get an afternoon wind here everyday. Will they stick to leaves if yellow sticky paper is blowing around.
You can hang them on the lower branches, what I do is strip only one side of the protective paper off and sit it on the top of the soil, and eventually you can flip it over and use the other side. I also hang them from the lights and yes once in a while they'll catch on & tear off part of a leaf

Top Bottom