Keeping the grow "invisible" aka how to drop the paper trail...info needed

• Thread starter Inuit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Inuit

Hey all,

Some of you may have read about some of the recent drama in my neck of the woods.

Bad busts, snitches, and a shutdown for me.:sign0065:

From what I can tell, the scope of the investigation is long term, as there have been multiple busts between 6-12 weeks ago that all correlate.

It should be noted that I run a tight ship, and all the drama came from someone who I haven't spoken to in 5+ years, but that knows my lifestyle factors. The snitch doesn't know where I live, but from the circumstances I am pretty sure he spilled every name he knew and probably made stuff up to boot!

The problem is for me that I need to get going again very soon, and don't want to(can't) wait another month or so to bring things back home. In fact, I would rather not endanger my loved ones by bringing anything back here that is growing related.

So, that leaves me needing either a house or a commercial space. If I get a house and the utilities are in my name and they look for me, I won't be hard to find. I don't want to go this route.

I was thinking maybe I can find a landlord of a house thats cool(not dazed and confused "are you cool man", just a nice guy), give him a few hundred extra "utilities" deposit to leave the bills in his name but have them sent to me(don't really want him seeing the power bill, lol). Why, he may ask? - "cause my ex-old lady has friends in the power company and always tracks me down and causes me drama"

On the other hand, I called the local power company and all I need to turn the power on at a business/comm space is a Tax ID/EIN.

What I really need to know at this point is how to get the utilities set up (and preferably the lease as well) so they are not in my name and thus not easily found. I don't do growing partners, so that isn't an option, and don't have anyone I trust enough here that isn't family to do it for me.

I was thinking I could incorporate a business in DE, which owns another business in state X, which owns the business that rents the facility in my state, just to confound the paper trail a bit, but not sure if that would really help as I have no experience running my own business.

A house would be better, since I am not planning on running 10-million-k or anything, and I wouldn't have to worry about inspections and such, but a building would be better from the aspect of high power usage.

So, just hoping for a little input as I am between a rock and a hard place right now and trying to wedge myself out without getting "caught" up in the drama myself.

Thanks

I

T

t7rln

New Mexico LLC! It is the only state which allows you to completely remain anonymous as far as paperwork goes. It is also the cheapest to form.

When you get an EIN from the IRS you will need to disclose your name, however no one can track you through your N.M. paperwork.

There is a company who will organize for you and be your agent (the name on your Articles of Organization). This is the document that you could send to your power co. Your name doesn't appear on it anywhere. If you did need to get a valid EIN then it would take someone a lot of work to find out who you were.

Let me know if you want me to look up the company who organizes the LLC. It's burried in my mailbox somewhere.

t7rln

EDIT: FreeRegisteredAgent.com will get it done for $99 (or close to it)

S

Sunshinegrower

New Mexico LLC! It is the only state which allows you to completely remain anonymous as far as paperwork goes. It is also the cheapest to form.

When you get an EIN from the IRS you will need to disclose your name, however no one can track you through your N.M. paperwork.

There is a company who will organize for you and be your agent (the name on your Articles of Organization). This is the document that you could send to your power co. Your name doesn't appear on it anywhere. If you did need to get a valid EIN then it would take someone a lot of work to find out who you were.

Let me know if you want me to look up the company who organizes the LLC. It's burried in my mailbox somewhere.

t7rln

That's a pretty good idea, but it might work funny if you where renting a house. It's great for a commercial place though! I'm not sure in your area if you rented a house from a person if they would run a credit check and require id or not. I know around here that they run credit checks, but have never asked for ID. Also though everyone pays with a personal check so that's probably why they don't ask for ID. I bet though if you had a larger deposit and told the landlord that your soon to be ex-wife (that's the reason why you need to move) racked a huge power bill up in your guys name that you can not get the power in your name until it gets paid off so that is why you would need it not in your name. Just an idea...or could mix it up, maybe say child support is after you, or uncle Sam. Most people are broke these days so it wouldn't be out of place to say something like that. It really depends on the person and the feeling you get from them. You might have to check out a few different places because all landlord are different.

C

Chester

Commercial space has some drawbacks.

Depending on the city, there may be a requirement for annual fire inspections. Check first.

Absolutely avoid anything that needs built-out (brand-spanking-new space). Because then you'll have to get plans drawn-up, approved and them jump all the building department hoops for inspections, etc.

Better to be in un-incorporated real estate. i.e. townships, not a city or town to escape those provisions.

And finding a retired (out-of-state) landlord is the best! They're usually represented by a management firm, and those guys are usually only interested in on-time rent cheques.

As to the untraceable EIN...... Be very careful about raising any red flags. And it might not be worth the effort. If the location is being watched, they'll connect the dots. If the location is stealth enough, you might be the weak link anyway.

I loved the movie "Lock, Stock, and 2 Smokin' Barrels" more for the reminder of how Murphy's law has not yet been repealed than anything else.

Isolated residential sounds better based on some of that, but commercial may get more of a pass on heavy utility usage.

Good luck, stay paranoid and free!

:cool0044:

G

ghostfacegrower

pm me for advice if you like. iv been in the same boat as you and TRUST ME, if the snitching is real bad and the rat knows enough about you, you HAVE to switch states, names and group of friends. trust and talk to no one, if you have to talk to someone mail them a metro phone, talk once and dump it. if you stick around town you are going to go down, if you cant switch it up like this sell your equipment and dont grow. rats destroy lives, two years after you do this go back and find the rat and ........ take him out for milk and cigaretts.

the company idea is good to get a place for you to live and a car for you to drive but thats it.

D

dailychronic

And unfortunately snitches create snitches because alot of times the snitchee becomes a snitch and more go down. If you have multiple people u know that went down as well as having a feeling the original snitch mentioned your name there is a good chance u could be targeted. Stay low, because Ive know peole who have been friends for 20 years all the sudden turn there back on them for opportunities sake. Stay on the low and eventually the heat will pass.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

I dont know about you neck of the woods but in cali LEO can only act on information
that is no more than 3 weeks old something of that nature ..
i was in same EXACT sit as you and rode it out for 2 yrs before i fired up the steam boat agian. , Im thinking after a month if they havent came for you they dont know about you..
i think if your not able to find somebody to put Electric in your name, The safest would be to just use your own name maybe try to misspell it a little lol ,
if someting was bad to happen with a business or commercial account they make think your big time and try to hit you really hard..
keep #'s low and grow trees, its all about big numbers for them

Basically isolate your self like a monk in a cave ,
Less friends = less stress lol

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

pm me for advice if you like. iv been in the same boat as you and TRUST ME, if the snitching is real bad and the rat knows enough about you, you HAVE to switch states, names and group of friends. trust and talk to no one, if you have to talk to someone mail them a metro phone, talk once and dump it. if you stick around town you are going to go down, if you cant switch it up like this sell your equipment and dont grow.

Ummm Then go on Internet and give advice! ? LOL
:friday:

M

mrdizzle

I love the NM agent company, but also, cops move on, they constantly move on from cases, the world keeps turning and they have more work then they know what to do with. Just for an example, think about how many people are out there with warrants, walking around with no one on their tail

that being said, you might want to stop growing for a bit, try to get a second job for the time being, its not worth getting locked up, you'll be kicking yourself for not trusting your gut

N

nog

yes it would be great if you could disapear, i fucking hate it, all the cameras, and that, we had a thing called the data protection act, so your info was kept private, now we have the freedom of information act (except stuff the government dosnt want you to see), and any nosey bastard can find out everything about you, even how much money is in your bank account, and what colour your shit is, i wish i could dissapear up into the mountains in a nice place that is cool about weed, but has no mental terrorists or death squads, with a few acres to farm....dream on

G

ghostfacegrower

o yea another piece of advice, when logging on to a grow site make sure your stealing internet in a place with no cameras. unless your in cali. then you can be on your couch.

C

CAPO

:anim_44: giving advice is the last step for sure,got to live threw it first. if i can help save a grower from rats, then im happy.

I like this post dude...you def could have written worse +rep:angel

Inuit, my brethren, it's ALL about peace of mind bro...especially when responsible for others such as fam. So I hope you work through this soon and get back to it. If I can offer any advice or help hit me up!:damnhippie:

I

Inuit

t7rln

Hey, not sure how you can give your name and still remain anonymous, but thanks, and I will look into it.

Commercial space has some drawbacks.

Depending on the city, there may be a requirement for annual fire inspections. Check first.

Absolutely avoid anything that needs built-out (brand-spanking-new space). Because then you'll have to get plans drawn-up, approved and them jump all the building department hoops for inspections, etc.

Better to be in un-incorporated real estate. i.e. townships, not a city or town to escape those provisions.

And finding a retired (out-of-state) landlord is the best! They're usually represented by a management firm, and those guys are usually only interested in on-time rent cheques.

As to the untraceable EIN...... Be very careful about raising any red flags. And it might not be worth the effort. If the location is being watched, they'll connect the dots. If the location is stealth enough, you might be the weak link anyway.

I loved the movie "Lock, Stock, and 2 Smokin' Barrels" more for the reminder of how Murphy's law has not yet been repealed than anything else.

Isolated residential sounds better based on some of that, but commercial may get more of a pass on heavy utility usage.

Good luck, stay paranoid and free!

:cool0044:

Re: the red flag issue w/EIN. The location currently doesn't exist, as a 100% cleanout was done a little over a month ago, so it can't be watched. The original snitch doesn't know me or where I live, so thats a plus, but that doesn't stop him from giving my name or making stuff up :(.

Thanks for the tips.

ghost that shit

ids and mexican neighbor hoods

pm me for advice if you like. iv been in the same boat as you and TRUST ME, if the snitching is real bad and the rat knows enough about you, you HAVE to switch states, names and group of friends. trust and talk to no one, if you have to talk to someone mail them a metro phone, talk once and dump it. if you stick around town you are going to go down, if you cant switch it up like this sell your equipment and dont grow. rats destroy lives, two years after you do this go back and find the rat and ........ take him out for milk and cigaretts.

the company idea is good to get a place for you to live and a car for you to drive but thats it.

Right on, appreciate the advice. So far is been in a separate social circle than mine, and only got to two people I know. One turned belly up and told all (haven't spoken to him in years and he doesn't know where I live or my number), and the other took the hit and is facing time.

With all that went down I must assume my name was given, but haven't had any visits yet (knock on wood)

I

Inuit

I dont know about you neck of the woods but in cali LEO can only act on information
that is no more than 3 weeks old something of that nature ..
i was in same EXACT sit as you and rode it out for 2 yrs before i fired up the steam boat agian. , Im thinking after a month if they havent came for you they dont know about you..
i think if your not able to find somebody to put Electric in your name, The safest would be to just use your own name maybe try to misspell it a little lol ,
if someting was bad to happen with a business or commercial account they make think your big time and try to hit you really hard..
keep #'s low and grow trees, its all about big numbers for them

Basically isolate your self like a monk in a cave ,
Less friends = less stress lol

Haven't spoken with the snitch in about 5+ years, got the no friends lifestyle down pretty darn good. Thanks for the tips

I love the NM agent company, but also, cops move on, they constantly move on from cases, the world keeps turning and they have more work then they know what to do with. Just for an example, think about how many people are out there with warrants, walking around with no one on their tail

that being said, you might want to stop growing for a bit, try to get a second job for the time being, its not worth getting locked up, you'll be kicking yourself for not trusting your gut

Definitely possible about the cops moving on, as a friend believes he saw them at the bar asking everyone and their brother for weed six times each. Stopped growing as soon as I heard about my friend getting busted, which confirmed first dude is a snitch :(. Already been almost six weeks since I ditched the plants and sent the equipment to a far away place, just need to get going ASAP to avoid a long dry spell. Thanks for the advice.

o yea another piece of advice, when logging on to a grow site make sure your stealing internet in a place with no cameras. unless your in cali. then you can be on your couch.

Yeah, shits proxied pretty good, and I only have a misdemeanors worth of herb anyhow.

I like this post dude...you def could have written worse +rep:angel

Inuit, my brethren, it's ALL about peace of mind bro...especially when responsible for others such as fam. So I hope you work through this soon and get back to it. If I can offer any advice or help hit me up!:damnhippie:

Thanks man, and thanks to all who contributed thus far to this thread.

Be safe

I

B

BlueWater

i read JJ Luna's book How to be Invisible years ago, kind of interesting...

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Just chill out bro if they were gonna nab you it would be done...they dont fuck around.
Even if some dick told a story, thats all it is and its not enough to get any more than a warrant on the residence the party telling the tale knows of.(MAYBE)
This isnt CSI and you aren't guilty of any type of crime that merits a multitude of effort or money spent. So take a moment to burn one and think about your next move. If its weeks past and your not hooked up (incarcerated) than your good, they may think they know who you are now and what it is your doing with your free time but thats not enough to do anything but investigate, and if your doing your job right then thats just not enough to do anything but waste there time.
(Im assuming ofcoarse that Never Never land is in the good ol' USA)
and if im wrong and they got your number...there is always BAIL!!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Top Bottom