Kelp?

• Thread starter Slowitdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slowitdown

Slowitdown

What Kelp product do you guys use to brew in with your teas? I have used Earth Kelp -

And recently I purchased the Seaweed Extract kelp per Caps instructions for the Magic Bullet. I can not figure out what the difference with these products is though

Tnelz

Tnelz

Nit exactly sure what the exact differences are between kelp products either. Lol. I've used growmores kelp and Neptune's harvest forever with great results!

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Nit exactly sure what the exact differences are between kelp products either. Lol. I've used growmores kelp and Neptune's harvest forever with great results!

Lol ya I am trying to figure out what the difference is. I see the two products you named above are not in liquid form though

SpiderK

SpiderK

Dry Kelp / meal ( 1-0-8 )

Conveniently, the ocean contains most of earths natural minerals which are spread out by strong currents. These currents allow seaweed access to these minerals which are collected through a filter that separates the nutrients from the water. This is what allows seaweed to grow up to 3 ft a day in some cases. The same hormones and vitamins that make seaweed so competent as a plant can also be absorbed into the plants in a home garden, which utilize the nutrients just as efficiently.[3] One hormone that is very prominent in kelp is cytokinin which allows for faster cell division, differentiation between cells, development of chloroplasts, and delays aging. This leaves your fruit and vegetables looking larger and more colorful. [4]

Seaweed works in other special ways to help grow a healthy garden. For instance the bacteria, fungi and virus' found in the ocean help to break down soil for the plant. The broken down soil then releases more nitrogen and phosphorus which is extremely beneficial to the garden. Some of the most beneficial minerals include nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, barium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, molybdenum, sulfur, and zinc.[5] Nitrogen plays a huge role in plant growth because it is the main ingredient in chlorophyll which allows the plant to convert sunlight energy to sugar.[6] Phosphorus is important for energy transfer and helps plants grow and mature. Seaweed contains tons of extra potassium which is one of the more important ingredients for a garden.[7] Extra potassium is used in plants for strong plant structure as well as fight off disease and mildew and allows the plant a longer shelf life. Barium, calcium, zinc, iron and magnesium are all necessary to plant's energy production. However, aside from potassium and nitrogen, the rest of the ingredients come in relatively small amounts.

Top Bottom