Ken's Cut of Grandaddy Purple

• Thread starter AlphaDog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ColoraDro

fall'09 Grew a typical GDP clone from Harborside And got two special back office clones (Blue Dot and Ken's GDP) IMHO the Kens clone was superior in all catigories. The basic GDP has tight buds at the top of all the colas but half way downthey elongate and become larffy. Plant for plant the Kens produced 14oz more then the Basic GDP and the overall quality of the dried flower is head and shoulders above the Basic GDP.

For what its worth

That's worth everything especially people that have never ran them...

S

sidewing

mine are 2 weeks into flowering now.. i took clones before switching to 12/12 and the ken's gdp rooted vigorously and had no problems at all.. but then again i clone with a 100% success rate.. gotta love the 8 port daisy cloners..

P

purpleblockhead

i just got a new computer yesterday ive been down for a minute, im mad i missed this post!!!! ive had a original kens gdp cut for 3 years now, it was givin 2 me for holding the door open for a guy in a wheel chair, that guy turned out 2 be the owner of 1 of the biggest clubs in CA, he thanked me gave me a 8th of grape ape and 2 cuts of kens, his exact words were this is a very special strain its a real kens gdp cut keep it 4ever, he said this is the cut they grow for there own tree not the cut they sell 2 the public, at first i didnt even grow kens i mothered it out and it sat for a few grows, when i finialy grew it out i was shocked!!! kens gdp is the best all around strain ive ever came across, its flowers super fast if im in a rush i can cut my crop at 5 1/2 weeks if i wait 8-9weeks my yield is much higher and more frosted, i bought around 10 gdp's and fake kens gdp's at clubs in the bay area none of them match the kens i have, they dont even come close!! i gave purpleberry his cut he posted pics of his tester it turned that purple without a temp drop 70-80 degrees, i drop my temp week 4 to the low 60s at night and with in a week its solid purple top 2 bottom, also i get my buds big and bulkyi got kens mastered 100% i grow kens in sog only, i stuff my tables and keep kens short, i yield 14 grams dry easy off each plant at 12 inches tall, untill i find another strain that matches up 2 kens its all im going 2 grow

fractal

fractal

purpleblockhead I can't wait to trade up for your gdp cut someday. Like when the clouds part and magical elves appear to smack some sense into the weed buying public, and I move some product~!

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I thought Grape Ape was Apothecary's attemp at a grandaddy purple. A Hybrid leaning toward the GDP. Not for sure and don't know what it's crossed with but it wouldn't be close to the Ken's Cut. Please correct me if i am wrong. I aint sure bout nuttin.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

My buddy got this cut at one of the clubs, as PK, but its kens, the erkel is the purple cut most everybody used to cross there stuff with, the erkel is a low yeilding very potent strain, Ive been running the urkel sence 03, but shit canned it a couple yrs ago, to much veg time and to low of yeild, if u let it cure long enough the grape smell will turn into a very sweet wine smell. My temps got down too 55 degrees with lights out, and 45 degrees for 2 days of dark period. DoubleDub, purdy much nailed it, with what he said.

I too received that cut from Venice collective.. 5 bucks. it was labeled "purple kush" and the last one on the tray.

Its been disputed whether this is infact the real purple kush, a 90's strain called UltraViolet (later renamed SR-71), or GDP..

I really think this is GDP.. :character0025:

Smokes very nicely.. very potent and has that signature purple smell and taste.. purpled up very nicely for me.. Flush with 50 degree water the last week. definitely helps color change..

S

sidewing

i just got a new computer yesterday ive been down for a minute, im mad i missed this post!!!! ive had a original kens gdp cut for 3 years now, it was givin 2 me for holding the door open for a guy in a wheel chair, that guy turned out 2 be the owner of 1 of the biggest clubs in CA, he thanked me gave me a 8th of grape ape and 2 cuts of kens, his exact words were this is a very special strain its a real kens gdp cut keep it 4ever, he said this is the cut they grow for there own tree not the cut they sell 2 the public, at first i didnt even grow kens i mothered it out and it sat for a few grows, when i finialy grew it out i was shocked!!! kens gdp is the best all around strain ive ever came across, its flowers super fast if im in a rush i can cut my crop at 5 1/2 weeks if i wait 8-9weeks my yield is much higher and more frosted, i bought around 10 gdp's and fake kens gdp's at clubs in the bay area none of them match the kens i have, they dont even come close!! i gave purpleberry his cut he posted pics of his tester it turned that purple without a temp drop 70-80 degrees, i drop my temp week 4 to the low 60s at night and with in a week its solid purple top 2 bottom, also i get my buds big and bulkyi got kens mastered 100% i grow kens in sog only, i stuff my tables and keep kens short, i yield 14 grams dry easy off each plant at 12 inches tall, untill i find another strain that matches up 2 kens its all im going 2 grow

i got 2 flowering right now already stinking so good at week 3.. urkle from last time is holding me over until this round finishes no problem.. ill be running the querkle z this next time im wondering if its going to outdo the kens and the urkle.. (purple urkle) x (cinderella 99 x romulan) = querkle.. sounds like a killer combo that cant go wrong personally.. ill also be running purple dragon (urkle x blue dragon), purple kush, and deep chunk x strawberry cough x bubbleberry.. all of which are supposed to be killer purp strains.. i veg for 8 weeks and flower for 63 days using biobizz nutes (all of them).. and i use indonesian guano for about 4 waterings once a week.. i water only flush for the final 3 weeks of flower for maximum smoothness..

i have really high expectations from what ive been reading about the querkle.. i grabbed the purple dragon cuz in veg it looks very very similar to the kens gdp which i figured should have good results in that case.. i also got some purple hawaiian (urkle x hawaiian indica) that is doing magnificent in flower.. and the blue dream (almost tossed it cuz everyone runs blue dream it seems) is looking extremely healthy with fat balls of white hairs and close nodes.. the smell already at 3 weeks is a sweet sweet blueberry smell.. seems like a keeper cut of the blue dream (never really impressed with what i find at the clubs from blue dream)

P

purpleblockhead

2 be honest i havent found any purple strains that matches up with kens gdp and ive grew grape ape, urkel, purple kush, other gdp, purple cindy, querkle,quenner,purple star and a hand full more a couple were close none matched up in the all around end, ive had a couple that were close but didnt match it in the end, kens is very hearty super fast flowering and will turn all white with frost, and i grow sog 15 inch plants and alot of them ill pull 14-20 grams dry off a 12-15 inch plant ive found that real hard 2 top!!! im sticking with kens cut untill i find a better strain for my set up, ive went threw 20-30 differnt strains looking for another sog keeper and ive found none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Rabbi

Bogs Grape Punch runs the second best purple after Kens. Some patients even like the finish product of Grape Punch over the Kens. I think it cause of the way the Grape punch cures it get sweeter and sweeter the longer the cure. I like it at 4 months. But It does a pound if pushed well where Kens can be pushed to 1 3/4 to just shy of 2. An Ken's lower branches grow out wider then the GP.I'd give Kens at least 2' on either side as the lowest six branches almost become their own 2' to 3' little indica bush. The GP works much better in tight spaces.

P

purpleblockhead

ive never tried grape punch but im going 2 keep my eyes open, and if its sweeter than kens than its super sweet bcuz 2 me kens smells like musty sweet cool aid, i love it!! a couple friend just drove down from chico and smoked with my woman they choked and choked and said it smelled and tasted like candy

S

sidewing

my kens smells AMAZING at 4 1/2 weeks and have since around week 3... im running thru differnet strains to see if i can find something that medicates me better.. but i also have about an 8th of kens organic outdoor gdp left and about a quarter of purple urkle to hold me over until beginning of march.. should be ok.. if not i guess ill have to hit the collectives... i really hate smoking weed that i didnt grow because i dont know their grow styles or anything.. im 100% organic and i flush for 3-4 weeks before pull so its extremely clean and smooth.. each plant treated with love and care and it shows.. from all the reading ive done on the querkle z cut that i have for next round i think it may be a keeper but we will see.. i dont see anything outperforming the kens in any aspect.. the purple dragon (urkle x blue dragon) looks a hell of a lot like the kens in veg so who knows maybe itll hold its own.. i also aquired a joes romulan cut which will be run this next cycle.. seen the final product its 100% real deal so i cant wait for my run cuz the sample i got was not organically grown and that just makes me shy away from that final product. i havent seen any non-organic soil grow that can outperform a organic soil side by side anyway as far as overall taste/smell/high/yield.. im dialed in and pull fat tasty juicy stinky buds that ive seen medical friends grow in their setup and they achieve maybe 50% of the quality overall that i do.. i try to give them advice to improve overall but they are just stuck in their ways.. to each their own all one love... also will be experiment running a sour grape as well as a purple diesel cuts from oakland so i hope they will be quality.

S

sidewing

purpleblockhead:
sorry i dont have enough posts to respond to pm's yet lol.. so here im trying to build em up...

i was lookin for the kens cut for years since 2005.. barely acquired it late in 2008.. its perfect meds for me.. smell/taste/high effect/bud formation.. its like the perfect weed.. i feel my life is more complete knowing i have the kens gdp cut to keep forever and always be feeling how i want to feel lol. do u top yours at all? im thinking they are short and bushy enough to go without topping.. but then i think cutting the main growth node about 4 weeks before switching to flower may make a better canopy of more larger fuller sized buds.. i run 10 weeks of veg on them.. so if i was to top the main stem it'd be 6 weeks into veg.. then another 4 weeks for the side growths to fill in before switching to 12/12..

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

Anyone know if Ken's cut.. ya know.. the stinky one.. purple's up on it's own or needs cold temps?

I was just blessed with the ken's cut...and this cut does in fact turn purple on it's own....And the taste is well unbelievable....

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

ive never tried grape punch but im going 2 keep my eyes open, and if its sweeter than kens than its super sweet bcuz 2 me kens smells like musty sweet cool aid, i love it!! a couple friend just drove down from chico and smoked with my woman they choked and choked and said it smelled and tasted like candy

Damn homie who was that?.....must be nice!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Married 2 Mary, Somas Lavender has nothing at all to do with the Lavy cutting that ignited some of the west coast purple craze. Lavy was just a pheno along with purple urkle, 4 phenos to be exact. Somas is garbage and yes i've seen it grown straight from seed back in the day...
Purple has been around for awhile, if you don't know where it came from, u don't need to....lol

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Also, temperature can have a purpling effect do to the precipitation of a certain element when it drops below 55degrees...but it's mainly genetic in this group and a sign of ripeness and brix levels. Seen it all purple up at seven weeks in 80degree rooms so many times...
Another thing I'd add in, the lavy i had came from a guy who yielded 3lbs a light, low yielder=don't know how to grow purple...lol
Obviously the plant doesn't produce, so grow buds not stems...i.e. 60 lavies a light will show you the light.
I gave up on this bud years ago though, strictly because as I age I don't prefer to have the effect that type of bud gives. Much more of a sativa lover with age and whatnot...lol

P

purpleblockhead

wonderinalice i would say that that was you that choked and choked and said it smelled and tasted like candy!!!! tell them what does kens smell and taste like!!! o-yea ill c you monday night bro

sidewing i just started toping kens i like it more it pushes my yield up a little, what i do now is i veg them tall straight up with no side branchs than once the stock is real thick i cut them in half around 8- 10 inchs and than throw them into flower, i end up with 12-15 inch plants and 14-20 grams dry per plant off 4 tops per plant, my friend grows big bushes like you and yields around 2-3 oz of toops per bush he loves his way i love mine,

Latest posts

Top Bottom