Ken's Gdp Grow

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kitharbinger

I have decided to do a diary on my next round.

I went to Harborside in Oakland and got Ken's GDP clones from Dark Heart Nursery.

As soon as I got home, I put them into 6x6x4 inch jumbo Par Gro blocks. I gave em a good spray of Eagle 20 and Avid. They were planted on Dec 1 and they are very happy under a 6-light T5 fixture. As they get bigger I might put them under a 315 LEC fixture, but we'll see.

As far as food goes... I feed them as needed and I am using House and Garden Aqua Flakes. 5mL/gal of each part. I also add a little Floralicious Plus and I pH the water to 5.8.

My Flower Room specs are:
10x10x8ft. Sealed room with CO2 supplementation, set at 1420ppms.
Dehumidifier with 27 gal tote for runoff, which is piped back into Reseviors when full. I use a sump pump switch to activate transfer pump. But usually keep an eye on it manually.
Two 3x3ft trays, with two 45 gallon Totes(with wheels) for reseviors.
Two SpydrXPlus LED light fixtures, which cover a 4x4ft area of canopy each.

During flower I bump up my nutes a little bit. I also use Floralicious Bloom formula and add 1/4 strength Dark Energy to the Reseviours 1-2 days before changing changing solution, because it downright stinks up my whole house! I water 1-3 times per day depending on plant requirements. I try and check the pH every morning. I mean their morning which is our night.

I topped most of them recently to encourage branch development but also left a few with their main stalks intact. Since this is my first GDP grow I want to see how they react to either method of pruning, or not.

My plan is to grow them for one more month approximately, basically until my current room becomes empty.

I will try and get pics up somewhere so you folks can see what I am writing about.

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated. There is always something I can learn from reading other's experiences, so thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Hi, Avid and Eagle 20 are toxic on smokeables and I certainly hope I never smoke any of your stuff. They are illegal where regulated.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Based on the research that I did, you are correct! I turned entire batch to edibles. Never again will I use products based on someone else habits. Will always do mass research first. That stuff does turn toxic when lit on fire but its ok if used below certain temps. Mostly used in the ag industry on lots of crops, we all eat, all the time!

The look of Ken's GDP was sort of there with the plant having that awesome purple hue to it, but this strain is not the real deal!!! I am again looking for the real strain. People keep telling me they have it, but after grown out I can tell... most are some weird off shoot of GDP crossed with whatever else!

I wonder what the lineage of Ken's GDP really is...

Top Bottom