Kessil vs. Lumigrow

• Thread starter Brickbuster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brickbuster

So far, the best ive seen. Any takers seriously? Because it isnt a competition, i need to know. i want an led to perform as well and as long as said it could.

Kessil LOOKS legit, what about lumigrow or some other better brand

lighthouse gotham looks like a scam, htg looks like a scam, hydrogrow looks like it could own up. but Kessil and Lumigrow look sound. Ive looked long and hard and this is a forum dedicated to leds, at least in a section.

M

MTgrower

So far, the best ive seen. Any takers seriously? Because it isnt a competition, i need to know. i want an led to perform as well and as long as said it could.

Kessil LOOKS legit, what about lumigrow or some other better brand

lighthouse gotham looks like a scam, htg looks like a scam, hydrogrow looks like it could own up. but Kessil and Lumigrow look sound. Ive looked long and hard and this is a forum dedicated to leds, at least in a section.

I use Kessil lights as supplemental lighting to my HIDs. They are very high quality. 36 watt Kessil destroys a 90 watt UFO. Shop around and you can find them for around $200. I have all the lights they make except the 15000K ocean blue. I've been impressed.

That Lumigrow light is in another price bracket, and I've never seen one in operation, so I can't comment on any sort of comparison.

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
MT, do you think 5 Kessil's in a 3x3 tent would do an ok job?

L

Lost

1000 dollars in lights for a 3x3 tent.

You led people are crazy :icon_dizzy:

S

sm0k4

Just my opinion, but those Kessils don't make good enough use of 30 Watts or whatever they are. It is too small of a form factor and you would need to spend a lot of money. Other options already available would be better just due to form factor alone. They treat it like an HID but LEd isn't HID.

I just don't want disappointment, and I haven't seen a completed grow under the Kessils yet. I'd look around for some finished Kessil grows before buying. They are costly and I for one think its a ripoff.

justiceman

justiceman

I've read a little bit about Kessil on I beleive either Urban garden mag, or Maximum yield mag. Basically this is what I get from them.

They work surprisingly well as supplemental lighting to HPS, MH, or T5's. For example say Mike Hunt has a 400w HPS in his 3 x 3 tent. He wants to veg with the HPS but wants a bit tighter node spacing without any stretch. A key advantage would be to hang up a few blue Kessils to get that added blue spectrum for veg. Visa versa with MH or T5's. Ya they are $200 a piece but then you don't necessarily have to shell out money for increased intake/exhaust, and canopy airflow for the 400w 3x3 grow tent. Also maybe the reflector doesn't cover the corners of the tent very well so supplemental lighting in those areas could add to an increase in yield a quality.

All in all I like them, I do realize they cost a bit too much, and I wouldn't use them as a stand alone light source. I would however be willing to use them as supplemental lighting as they seem to work quite well.

But as smoke4 said. I would try to find some finished grows with them before you drop the cash. If you feeling like a pioneer and you want to experiment that's cool too.

I don't know anything about lumigrow

L

Lost

There have been tons of pioneers already :)

Its just not there yet :)

N

nuker1

Wow you are pretty knowledgeable on these Kessils.My associates me have a Kessil H150 Magenta,and it works great.The canopy penetration is really great considering the size of it.We have it along with some CFLs and I've been impressed with it.Kessil is legit.

LEDhead

LEDhead

I have 2 Kessil (magenta) in a 3x3 GL80 and have removed my 250w HPS all together and am using just the kessils I LOVE THEM but I'm going into the autoflowing field and will only use these, I'll start a journal when I do
FYI!!;) Kessil is having a give away ENDS in April so head over to Facebook and answer the weekly question and GET ONE:) and Grow Goddess is having a sale too (I might get me one!!!!!!)

H

hardgrow

i have h350 magenta, h150 purple, 63w perpetrator, 26w UV - Ditched the 250w HPS And Never Going Back , the penetration of h350 is the best Ive seen so far, those can take my 1 auto plant from start to finish with 50-70g dry...

massive light little expensive thou :animal0012:

LEDhead

LEDhead

i have h350 magenta, h150 purple, 63w perpetrator, 26w UV - Ditched the 250w HPS And Never Going Back , the penetration of h350 is the best Ive seen so far, those can take my 1 auto plant from start to finish with 50-70g dry...

massive light little expensive thou :animal0012:

Which autoflower did you use because I wanted to do autoflowers next? I have 4 H350s just turned them on to bloom my OG today :)

H

hardgrow

woo 4 of h350 will defiantly get you great gpw,,, :pimp:

i do try almost all of the auto round there, lr2 ak47,lowlife was good as well, last 1 was sour60 got it from attitude seeds, it had the most gpw i had in autos , Using 2gallon air pot, coco 5.6-5.8ph, biobizz bloom+grow , bud candy and some hesi pk13/14 for the last few weeks - the quality of the strain is good, although its very gentle strain and doesn't like to be stressed ;)

edit:
ill try to add some pics of the latest sour 60 progress in few days , need to get the camera from my gf for now have this pic from phone - its about 16-18" tall 12-15" wide 5 + weeks from seed :animal0012:

Sour60_kessil.jpg

LEDhead

LEDhead

Here's my set up for flower :) It's 4 H350's on a C130. I've had it in the garden for 3 days now but I veg'd under a 400w Digilux MH

Download 1
Download
H

hardgrow

that would be very interesting to see how 4 of h350 manage with that plant,
my starts to cover with trics rapidly - 3, 4 weeks of flower left ...
Sour60_kessil2.jpg

Top Bottom