Kief production leftover use. Garbage or Gold?

• Thread starter Newbelinginaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

So I am new to having more pot than I know what to do with and find myself wondering what I can do with the post kief making sugar leaf and baby buds. It is a really nice 4 oz bag of cleaned and trimmed product and smells great, but I have stripped most of the trichomes.

Garbage or Gold?

TSD

TSD

I just made some seriously strong butter from my trim and popcorn buds... no waste in my house! I think I did about 3/4 of an ounce to each pound of clarified butter... could have gotten away with my usually 1/2 oz to a pound ratio I think... I underestimated the amount of trichomes on my sugar leaves. If you've already stripped them of trichs... you could try butter but just up the ratio. Maybe an ounce or more to a pound of butter? I know people that make butter with the bud that's brown after vaping it... so it's worth a try. You'll probably need ro do the stovetop method where you add water using that much plant matter though, or it won't extract or cook properly.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

So I am new to having more pot than I know what to do with and find myself wondering what I can do with the post kief making sugar leaf and baby buds. It is a really nice 4 oz bag of cleaned and trimmed product and smells great, but I have stripped most of the trichomes.

Garbage or Gold?
Butter it is. Moon Rocks kind of scare me!

Moshmen

Moshmen

I think you will be surprised what’s left on there! Alcohol quick wash will get it all.

Ponky

Ponky

Spooky shit mad science. I have to pay a pro to do that.
Well you could buy the extractor for cheap. And buy the really high end butane. And find a suitable location to run a batch. Just never inside. And you can get the cheap vacuum pump and pressure pot combo. Purge your own extract. It's not that hard to do. But it does cost a small sum. But it can make really good dabs. 30g45g60g90g120g150g Open Blast Extractors Open End Extractor Extraction Tube Kit (38mmx150mm/45g) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08MWLQLZD/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_0TCF695QHF659C7DNDY2

Cost as much to get BHO and purge pot as it does to get a personal rosin press.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I actually prefer squishing buds it’s my favorite- but even after a good squish there’s load resin left! If I press an oz and get 20% return I’m happy then wash for at least another 10% before I throw material away

Latest posts

Top Bottom