Killing Fields Sure Gets Frosty

• Thread starter nurlord
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unit541

Unit541

And one more for anyone who still "can't see the frost" on this gem.

This is my F2 keeper, referred to affectionately as KF2 (2 of 20). Her smell and taste made her the queen of the garden. Ripe, freshly sliced strawberries... both before and after the burn. Her hash has retard-strength.

KF2

And thanks to all of Sannie's hard work, this is easy... the above maxed out at 300 ppm.

Unit541

Unit541

This lady is ready between 10 and 11 weeks, depending on variables specific to the run. If feeding anything other than Dyna, add a week (strange...). She gives me an elbow per thouie as consistently as the sun rises without pushing (300 ppm max, no boosters).

She's temperamental too. I hermied her the first 3 times I ran her. Almost gave up, but sticking it out with this one turned out to be the best decision I ever made. In 30 years of growing, this is hands down the best freakin' weed I've ever had the pleasure to sprout, clone, grow, harvest, dry, cure and smoke. And it's not just potent either, we've all had potent herb before. It's the quality of the high that is truly remarkable.

Over the years, I've noticed something about Sannies gear. People either love it or hate it. You'll see people bitching about hermies, yields, potency, flavor... and you'll see people praising all of the same. One thing that shouldn't need as much saying on this site as most others, is that Sannies gear is pro gear, intended for growers who know WTF they're doing. It'll make you pay for mistakes, but reward success like no other.

T

tree king

This strain fuckin BLOWS. One of the least potent shits I've ever grown. Grew over 50 of these fuckers. F1 and F2 line. Frost does not make potency...and...I really don't see much frost. I hope you're diggin it tho.

Esko's a Faggot.
i agree with caligula

all i know is killing fields is the most overrated strain ive ever grown. it was a very week high and everybody was complaining about it. i cant believe how many people rave about this strain. after months of time wasted im very upset about it. dont believe the hype people, i think this company is breeding for mostly taste and yield and dont care about potency like us americans do. i can only really speak for this strain though others might be different

i straight up grew out 60 seeds of the f2's and had a huge amount of phenos. none of them were impressive. there was 3 main ones the dark purple one thats grapey perfume, the one that starts out purple but ends up being green when dried that had the jack smell, and the green pheno that was straight jack. do you consider blubonic to be a great high potency strain? the blubonic i grow was so much more potent than killing fields. on top of that the chemdog double d was much more potent than the blubonic. so you can just picture where killing fields stands in the scheme of things. the funny thing is the looks of kf was so much better than anything else it looked insane. ive never had weed that looked so good but had barely any potency it seems like sannie was just looking at yield, taste, and looks and nothing else. i will admit though the taste was bomb

i gave it to probably like 10-15 people. there wasnt 1 person that said it was real good and everyone thought the blubonic was alot more potent. i germinated 60 seeds and i had phenos comin outta my ass probably like 35 of them. how the hell would all these people think it was fire when 10-15 people i know said its not it doesnt make any sense. i even ran it again from clone just to make sure and people said the same shit its not that strong. i dont know what to tell you guys i had high hopes for this strain and i was so exited watching them grow out because they looked fire than boom i got the news. i was very upset i had to take damn near 100 clones in flower revert those all back to veg while i figured out my mom i spend months of time dealing with kf cause i planned to keep it for years but all that work didnt pay off

Unit541

Unit541

You sprouted 60 seeds, with 35 phenos, treated them all the same and didn't get what you were looking for. Tried again, with the only change being clone vs. seed, and expected different results? Sounds to me like you just kept poppin beans, allowing the pheno to be the only variable of the grow. Did it never occur to you that perhaps KF didn't like some other variable in play throughout your entire experience with KF?

On my first few runs with KF, I had sub-par results plus nanners. While she looked beautifully healthy, turns out I was WAY over-feeding. My keeper maxes out around 300 ppm. Anything over that and quality suffers along with yield, and hermaphroditic tendencies increase 10 fold. She also likes it a couple of degrees warmer than my other regulars. KF is like a smoking hot wife. If she's not happy, you're not getting laid... and she doesn't wan't to tell you that she's not happy. She expects you to just know.

KF isn't paint by numbers. You can't treat her like the last skunk you grew and expect her to strip for you. In Colorado, sub-par bud is recognized as fast if not faster than anywhere else. We have a lot of fire in this state (no pun intended regarding the current wildfire situation). Yet I can barely get Killing Fields into cure before it's gone. I suppose that it's possible that smokers in Colorado simply have no idea what constitutes "potent" weed, but I'm inclined to think that our definition is as reasonable as anyone else's, and KF stacks up. In over 2 years, the only complaint was on flavor, on a batch that I dried way to fast.

So you can't grow a decent Killing Fields, so what. I have friends with cuts that I can't get results out of, but obviously it's not the genetics, because they kill it every time with it.

Greatest truth among "growers" on the inter-webs: When they experience success, it is attributed to skill and cunning of the "grower". When they fail, it's the genetics. Quick to take credit, even quicker to blame anything but themselves. The above post is a prime illustration of this.

T

tree king

You sprouted 60 seeds, with 35 phenos, treated them all the same and didn't get what you were looking for. Tried again, with the only change being clone vs. seed, and expected different results? Sounds to me like you just kept poppin beans, allowing the pheno to be the only variable of the grow. Did it never occur to you that perhaps KF didn't like some other variable in play throughout your entire experience with KF?

On my first few runs with KF, I had sub-par results plus nanners. While she looked beautifully healthy, turns out I was WAY over-feeding. My keeper maxes out around 300 ppm. Anything over that and quality suffers along with yield, and hermaphroditic tendencies increase 10 fold. She also likes it a couple of degrees warmer than my other regulars. KF is like a smoking hot wife. If she's not happy, you're not getting laid... and she doesn't wan't to tell you that she's not happy. She expects you to just know.

KF isn't paint by numbers. You can't treat her like the last skunk you grew and expect her to strip for you. In Colorado, sub-par bud is recognized as fast if not faster than anywhere else. We have a lot of fire in this state (no pun intended regarding the current wildfire situation). Yet I can barely get Killing Fields into cure before it's gone. I suppose that it's possible that smokers in Colorado simply have no idea what constitutes "potent" weed, but I'm inclined to think that our definition is as reasonable as anyone else's, and KF stacks up. In over 2 years, the only complaint was on flavor, on a batch that I dried way to fast.

So you can't grow a decent Killing Fields, so what. I have friends with cuts that I can't get results out of, but obviously it's not the genetics, because they kill it every time with it.

Greatest truth among "growers" on the inter-webs: When they experience success, it is attributed to skill and cunning of the "grower". When they fail, it's the genetics. Quick to take credit, even quicker to blame anything but themselves. The above post is a prime illustration of this.
do your research. sannie was mostly trying to lock down the color and flavor of killing feilds instead of worrying about potency in his selection process. he says it himself in threads and you can tell from the results. other people agree with me to im not the only one. if your happy with the results than cool but for me my strains need to be much more potent

Unit541

Unit541

I think you'd find my KF plenty "potent", and I think the "lacks potency" reputation you're trying to give it is undeserved. Of course the color and flavor get more focus than potency, the potency is already there. The main focus of the F3's was shortening flowering time.

Just because you and your buddies didn't like your results with KF, does not mean the genetics are at fault anymore than they'd be responsible for spider mites. The strain is legit, whether or not it's within your resources or skill as a grower to bring out the best in it is another matter. I've been doing this for 30 years, and still fuck up regularly. You sound as though any bean that sprouts in your garden grows out to it's maximum potential, limited only by it's genetics. Maybe we could get together and you could teach me a thing or two, because I'm certain that every plant I've ever grown could have been better in one way or another. :rolleyes:

T

tree king

whatever you say lol. theres some funny dudes on these forums. keep talkin your shit and il keep messin with the chemdog which has real potency its all good. one time i was even forced to pull the chem 1 1/2 to 2 weeks early and it still massacred the kf in potency what a laugh

Unit541

Unit541

Let's be clear, you're the one talking shit. You come into a breeders forum, stating factually that Killing Fields is a weak strain. The only evidence to support this you offer is the fact that you and 15 of your buddies weren't impressed with the results you managed. You are actually arrogant enough to think that neither your skill as a grower, nor the environment you grow in could have anything to do with your unsatisfactory results with this strain. Are we to believe that you're simply the best cultivator of Cannabis to ever live and breathe on this planet? Are we supposed to believe that everything generations of cannabis cultivation have taught us about strains and even phenotypes having radically different nutritional and environmental requirements is all nonsense?

Not talkin' shit... just trying to learn from the master. Hitting genetic limitations 100% of the time, means 100% of your grows are 100% perfect, and since you're the first person in the history of agriculture to be able to do that even once, I just want to absorb some of your infinite knowledge.

If you want, we can both do a run and have the final product tested for THC content (or some other objective measure of "potency"). KF will surprise you I promise. I'll even put an elbow on it.

FACT: the fact that your buddies like your chemdog, does NOT mean you are an infallible god when it comes to growing weed. You do not have the secret recipe that allows any cut to flourish to it's fullest potential regardless of environmental variables. Nobody, not even you, can take the most potent equitorial sativas, toss some beans out in the forest in the Canadian north, and harvest bud that's the best it can be. Different strains have different requirements. Not being able to figure out the requirements of a particular strain doesn't mean the strain sucks. It means the grower couldn't figure it out. You sir, couldn't figure it out. I didn't have KF figured out after my second run with her either. Takes time to dial a strain. Two runs, changing only seed vs clone, is not dialing a strain.

It's not Sannies fault that you couldn't get Killing Fields to lift her skirt for you, and it's not the genes either. She's all hot & ready, but treating her like chemdog really turns her off.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm not even gonna delete any of these comments even though most of the recent ones were reported. Killing fields compared to chemdog....really.....what's next? How about we compare weed to crack. Those two strains are completely different and bottom line it comes down to a preference. I grow the whole Chemdog line up....91 chem,Chemdog d, Chemdog #4, Chemdog's Sister.....and I have people that love it to death and a few who don't care for it. Iv had killing fields and thought it was pretty solid.....iv also had it before and thought it was sub par....all depends on the grower and what not. Let's stay on top and keep some respect for one another. I'm not singling anyone out....I'm Talking to everyone in the thread in general. Stop the hate and participate guy.....we are all farmers and we should be able to get along and have conversation or not have any input at all~Smf~

T

tree king

I'm not even gonna delete any of these comments even though most of the recent ones were reported. Killing fields compared to chemdog....really.....what's next? How about we compare weed to crack. Those two strains are completely different and bottom line it comes down to a preference. I grow the whole Chemdog line up....91 chem,Chemdog d, Chemdog #4, Chemdog's Sister.....and I have people that love it to death and a few who don't care for it. Iv had killing fields and thought it was pretty solid.....iv also had it before and thought it was sub par....all depends on the grower and what not. Let's stay on top and keep some respect for one another. I'm not singling anyone out....I'm Talking to everyone in the thread in general. Stop the hate and participate guy.....we are all farmers and we should be able to get along and have conversation or not have any input at all~Smf~
how are you supposed to get along with people that insult you just because you have a different opinion of a strain then them. some people are gonna think a certain strain is potent and some people are not so deal with it. it has nothing to do with growing skills. when comparing chem to kf i wasnt comparing the type of high i was comparing how high you get when you smoke it and how long the high lasts. forget chemdog i can name countless sativas that i think are so much better than the kf. ive also been getting likes on my posts about kf because theres people that agree with me

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
how are you supposed to get along with people that insult you just because you have a different opinion of a strain then them. some people are gonna think a certain strain is potent and some people are not so deal with it. it has nothing to do with growing skills. when comparing chem to kf i wasnt comparing the type of high i was comparing how high you get when you smoke it and how long the high lasts. forget chemdog i can name countless sativas that i think are so much better than the kf. ive also been getting likes on my posts about kf because theres people that agree with me
Some people will like stuff and some people won't...you are right. I don't have to deal with anything. People reported your posts so I came in and said what I had to say instead of deleting your posts or giving you warning points. If you want to come off how your coming off that's all up to you man. But practice what your preaching here......that's all I'm saying.

T

tree king

skunkmaster when i said deal with it i was talkin about unit541 not you sorry for the confusion. i hear what your saying but in my opinion i have never insulted anyone on these forums im just responding to people

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

you dont think sannie is being insulted IN HIS FORUM with what you're saying? o_O

unit541 said it right though. its all about the grower. how many times did you run her? funny, first time i ran Tahoe OG i fucking hacked it and burnt the shit out. so you saying thats a shitty strain? NO, it means i didnt have it dialed in. simple and period. you should try the same.

and think about the insult, really thats fucked up. this is his forum and he's worked blood and bone to put out some of the shit he's had, and i daresay KF is one of the super gems he's had. ive had nothing but super fire out of KF (but prefer the green pheno honestly, more taste and punch IMO)

so when you get someone throwing a random strain to compare KF to after they say it sucks, obviously i dont know if youre trying to jab a knife or troll or what, but there is no need for a random strain comparison. if you dont like KF thats cool, no need to say chem is wayyy better or even on the same ballpark, cause frankly this is sannies forum and FUCK chem unless its extrema.

and if you dont know how you're being rude shoot me a PM, i'll be more than happy to explain in detail.

T

tree king

you dont think sannie is being insulted IN HIS FORUM with what you're saying? o_O

unit541 said it right though. its all about the grower. how many times did you run her? funny, first time i ran Tahoe OG i fucking hacked it and burnt the shit out. so you saying thats a shitty strain? NO, it means i didnt have it dialed in. simple and period. you should try the same.

and think about the insult, really thats fucked up. this is his forum and he's worked blood and bone to put out some of the shit he's had, and i daresay KF is one of the super gems he's had. ive had nothing but super fire out of KF (but prefer the green pheno honestly, more taste and punch IMO)

so when you get someone throwing a random strain to compare KF to after they say it sucks, obviously i dont know if youre trying to jab a knife or troll or what, but there is no need for a random strain comparison. if you dont like KF thats cool, no need to say chem is wayyy better or even on the same ballpark, cause frankly this is sannies forum and FUCK chem unless its extrema.

and if you dont know how you're being rude shoot me a PM, i'll be more than happy to explain in detail.
giving your opinion about a strain is not insulting them. the breeders should incourage feedback so they can make there strains better. i dont get what your saying, are you saying if i like the strain i should post and say so but if i dont i shouldnt say anything? should i only be posting this info in the strains and hybrid section your saying?

Unit541

Unit541

Take a look at your entry into this conversation. Read it a few times. And you're wondering why people take it as insulting?

all i know is killing fields is the most overrated strain ive ever grown. it was a very week high and everybody was complaining about it. i cant believe how many people rave about this strain. after months of time wasted im very upset about it. dont believe the hype people, i think this company is breeding for mostly taste and yield and dont care about potency like us americans do. i can only really speak for this strain though others might be different

Nothing about the above comes off as a legitimate, honest and impartial rating of a strain. In fact, there is nothing about the above that does not come off as an insult. You state all of the above as fact, not opinion. You ran the strain ONCE, and failed (apparently). You ran it again "just to be sure", and failed again after no adjustments...

If you can't see that this is not how proficient growers rate a strain, then I have my doubts you've ever grown anything besides an ego, sitting comfortably behind your monitor.

Try something more along the lines of:
"I grew Killing Fields out twice, and wasn't satisfied with either harvest. Here's what I grew it in... Under ___ kw... Here's what I fed, here's how much I fed and how often... I harvested around ___ weeks. What am I doing differently than everyone who loves this strain? I need to know because I am not getting satisfactory results. However my 'suitable for mass consumption' GHS grows always turn out fine."

Someone once told me "Not everyone with a drivers license can drive a formula one car...". Seems like a fitting quote...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom