Killing off all pollen in a room

• Thread starter Magi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer88

Farmer88

No one said pour. I said clean. You know, with a rag. Gasoline is used as parts cleaner becasue it works as a solvent. Again my recommendation was medical grade alcohol which would also be scrubbed not poured. And gasoline is an in a pinch subsitute as described above. It came last in a list of things decending of proper use. That was met with hyperbolic insults and was returned in kind which I think is fair play. If you are insecure about your ability to grow or the experience you lack at this time, insults don't seem to be the correct response.

Magi

Magi

... ok, never gonna get my answer room temps and humidity being able to help I guess, I also wanna know the real viability over time in open air. I hope to anyone in the future reading this will NOT use gasoline, although it is an option it is seriously not recommended for your own safety and smell of the room. I've already been over this, I'm using iso. Although I'm prolly the youngest here I feel the most on track to closing the topic with acquiring definitive answers, not fueling petty arguments all you should be shrugging off.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

... ok, never gonna get my answer room temps and humidity being able to help I guess, I also wanna know the real viability over time in open air. I hope to anyone in the future reading this will NOT use gasoline, although it is an option it is seriously not recommended for your own safety and smell of the room. I've already been over this, I'm using iso. Although I'm prolly the youngest here I feel the most on track to closing the topic with acquiring definitive answers, not fueling petty arguments all you should be shrugging off.
I have read anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks and pollen viability is no more.

I think it requires vacuum sealing and desiccant in a refrigerator to store long periods, and even then it won't last forever. Just fragile stuff.

Magi

Magi

I have read anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks and pollen viability is no more.

I think it requires vacuum sealing and desiccant in a refrigerator to store long periods, and even then it won't last forever. Just fragile stuff.
Thank you! I've heard a huge range of how long it can still cause issues and just wanted to put worry to rest on that. I'm prolly gonna keep cleaning as well for redundancy and mold prevention. I have Iced out from in house and id prolly cry if they pollinated, especially due to how hard they are to get now

Farmer88

Farmer88

Sorry for derailing your thread. I apologize. Good luck with the iso.

3 balls

3 balls

I

If you do go the gasoline route turn off the CO2 burners. I use Physan20 between crops.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Water negates pollen. It's as easy as that.

WTF washes their grow room with gasoline, methanol, or alcohol. Are you FN kidding me? What has happened to the next gen of growers? Pass the torch huh, riiiiight!
But don’t pass that torch with gas in the grow room. Lol.

growsince79

growsince79

it’ll die off naturally/ineffective in 3 days.. no worries after that
I think it last more than 3 days. Not exactly sure just how much, but I've painted bud sites with only 4-6 pistils and end up with 30 seeds. So its gotta be more than 3 days.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I think it last more than 3 days. Not exactly sure just how much, but I've painted bud sites with only 4-6 pistils and end up with 30 seeds. So its gotta be more than 3 days.
maybe because you collected it and stored it? though i think naturally it’s give or take 3 days., i could be wrong for some reason i think that.

growsince79

growsince79

maybe because you collected it and stored it? though i think naturally it’s give or take 3 days., i could be wrong for some reason i think that.
the last time i did it was collected 3-4 days and not stored.

Cbdfool

Cbdfool

Be careful with alcohol and gas. The vapors are very dangerous. Static electricity or even breathing it in a confined space is not recommended. Soap and water is cheap safe and available.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
in most species the pollen is very fragile. when a plant puts out seeds/pollen the number is relative to the % that live. and that is out in nature.

you will note that in an unusually wet season many pollen plants do not fair well, the water and the humidity make the pollen ineffective or not viable at all.

if a plant has as much pollen as a cannabis, statistically speaking it has a very fragile pollen. you get 30 seeds because you use a bazillion tiny bits of pollen, so small they look like yellow dust. if it were all that great youd get a thousand seeds.

growsince79

growsince79

in most species the pollen is very fragile. when a plant puts out seeds/pollen the number is relative to the % that live. and that is out in nature.

you will note that in an unusually wet season many pollen plants do not fair well, the water and the humidity make the pollen ineffective or not viable at all.

if a plant has as much pollen as a cannabis, statistically speaking it has a very fragile pollen. you get 30 seeds because you use a bazillion tiny bits of pollen, so small they look like yellow dust. if it were all that great youd get a thousand seeds.
I get 30 seeds because I paint tiny budsites (6-8 pistils) with the least amount of pollen I can. A week later the extra pollen has hit all the new pistils (on same site) as they emerge. I turn the fan off for one day only, and I don't have any problem with pollen flying around making seeds where I don't want them.

time to pollinate lower buds only. Tops will still be seedless.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom