Kim's Beginner Diary

• Thread starter KLight03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I started putting different mineral stones I had around the house after watching this diary. I honestly had no expectations other than personalizing my environment, and I do feel attached to my ladies. I have a some pink quartz in the pot and I don't know if I'm starting to become a more capable grower, but they add a boost to the plants in a way I can't really describe.

KLight03

KLight03

i think it's form the high humidity......

but you also need to think about bug's ..... this place has Nothing but bug's and all the water were getting I would worry about it sooner them later.............

think he got pissed off at this site for a few ....I hope he is ok also..........
I read an article on a FB forum this morning, farmers haven't even got their clones in yet, and the USDA is already warning about broad mites being detected on clones. I haven't even been to anyone's farm, no one has been here, but of course, my brain screams that I have them. Makes no logical sense, just paranoia. I will get some preventative.

KLight03

KLight03

I started putting different mineral stones I had around the house after watching this diary. I honestly had no expectations other than personalizing my environment, and I do feel attached to my ladies. I have a some pink quartz in the pot and I don't know if I'm starting to become a more capable grower, but they add a boost to the plants in a way I can't really describe.
I felt that way, too. I started reiki training, as part of my taking control of my health. Somehow, the stones and crystals got intwined with it, so I just go with it.

Thank you for your kind words.

KLight03

KLight03

@sturgis I believe I got the winning lottery numbers! Go me! LB involvement. Just thought I would share it with you. I hope you are well!

basscaptain

basscaptain

I read an article on a FB forum this morning, farmers haven't even got their clones in yet, and the USDA is already warning about broad mites being detected on clones. I haven't even been to anyone's farm, no one has been here, but of course, my brain screams that I have them. Makes no logical sense, just paranoia. I will get some preventative.
they never die this yr.... so just going to lowe's and etc. can get by them...

KLight03

KLight03

@THCMonster,

What do you recommend as a preventative? I'm just going to become prepared for the worst case scenario.

KLight03

KLight03

they never die this yr.... so just going to lowe's and etc. can get by them...
Didn't even think about that, really. We really didn't get a freeze, so it does make sense that they never left. I guess I'm glad I didn't put a field up somewhere.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey k , some people dont like neem oil , personally i do, and its organic. Also spinosad , its organic and works great on fungus gnats

The neem oil should be used as directed , i think 1 teaspoon in a liter of warm water , plus a tiny bit of soap , just shake it up and spray underside of leaves , it smells a little garlic , i usually take the plants to the bathtub , spray , wait 1 hour , then mist with water to rinse. Only use these remedys when you detect pests , not really as preventive...

Also "predatory" nematodes will be of great help if the need arises

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also maybe consider toping the plants now, just by pinching off the top of stem below the new leaf set , i.ll send a pic. I think i advised against it it the begining of the grow , but the plants are looking nice and " branchy "

This way you will end up with two nice tops on each plant , its a pretty common practice , most people do it...
And now would be a good time to pull off some clones....

Although if someone wants to use your photos , they can suggest how they would prefer the look of the grow....up to you

Hey k , i didnt read the above posts, can you get a jewelers loop or magnifier Glass ? You will see the mites , little black spots , waste and the mites crawling around , just hit em hard in the tub with the einsteins neem oil if you can get it...

It WILL work , and not all neems are the same quality , get the good stuff....

Last edited:
KLight03

KLight03

Also maybe consider toping the plants now, just by pinching off the top of stem below the new leaf set , i.ll send a pic. I think i advised against it it the begining of the grow , but the plants are looking nice and " branchy "

This way you will end up with two nice tops on each plant , its a pretty common practice , most people do it...
And now would be a good time to pull off some clones....

Although if someone wants to use your photos , they can suggest how they would prefer the look of the grow....up to you

Hey k , i didnt read the above posts, can you get a jewelers loop or magnifier Glass ? You will see the mites , little black spots , waste and the mites crawling around , just hit em hard in the tub with the einsteins neem oil if you can get it...

It WILL work , and not all neems are the same quality , get the good stuff....
Pretty sure there are mites now. I took everyone back out again to check and my tallest has little holes. I'm so depressed over it. Thankfully, I bought exactly what you just described. Wooo! Though, I don' think it's Einstein's. I'm going to go double check. I will also get a jeweler's loop, as you suggested. I think I found one crawling around with my camera lens. Looks to be a spider mite, which would make sense. When we moved here, there were those sticky strip things for mice and spiders. :( I'm down down for that sort of treatment, but I am going to put some diatomaceous earth around the outside of the tent, as well as the inside. Then spray every damn thing with Neem oil. What's the protocol? Once and then again? Does it work like fleas?

As to cloning, should I wait until I get the critter problem handled?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Sorry i cant offer advice about the coco grow ,lately ive been growing in organic mixes that hold nutrients and my plants are watered every few days as needed, not constantly like the coco medium , also , you might want to try a grow in an organic soil mix or promix medium that might not require constant in and out readings......
All work ,j ust a matter of preference

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yes , wait a week to clone
Ive knocked out mites fast and sucessfully with the neem

It kills them immediately , so satisifing , but the problem is that there are eggs that will hatch , so stay on top of it

Give a good spray under , and on top of leaves , shake the hell out of the mister , add a drop of gentle soap or hand soap run off like wash your hands and let some slippery water drip off into the mist bottle , or a drip of gentle dish soap

Use very warm water to dissolve , almost hot...it will cool as you mist

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Spray , rinse in an hour or just leave , do it near lights out , usually i let them dry in the tub , every 2 or 3 days will be good , but research it , i just read my plants to see how they are taking the treatment....
Dont stress , everyone gets these pests , no way around the little pop up problems , everyone.....has them

KLight03

KLight03

Spray , rinse in an hour or just leave , do it near lights out , usually i let them dry in the tub , every 2 or 3 days will be good , but research it , i just read my plants to see how they are taking the treatment....
Dont stress , everyone gets these pests , no way around the little pop up problems , everyone.....has them
I meant to say up there that I'm not down with the sticky strips for mice/spiders and such.

Tell me about your soil mix. I'm down for that. Will I make another diary? I'm even afraid to pop the other SSSD seeds I have. You have to understand, I can literally stick my hands on and in moving body parts, but I don't do bugs. All it took was for me to see mites are mites are mites aka bed bugs of some sort and my skin is crawling now. I'm all hippie to a point. 😁

So, spray when it comes tomorrow. Then another week?
Should the tent be closed up for a bit? (You can't imagine the kind of decon scenes I've been on). I will settle down once I don't equate every wrong turn as a need to respond with emergent status. So, this is actually teaching me some cool ways to handle PTSD. Bonus!

Thank you for your patience while I talk all that out.

I also want to take you up on planning for breeding. We have to move up my timeline quicker than most since I got some health news. The goal is high THC, then I have to figure out how to titrate it so it doesn't cause my heart to tach out, and what method works best (I already have an idea). (Anything above 175 bpm, books say 150, I say 175). 💓

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey k , I hear ya about the bugs
The mites are nothing like bed bugs
Not even close , so don't worry about them
Yea , spray every 3days
I don't think the mites will spend anytime off the plants , so don't go spraying neem oil on anything else
It's oily and sticky and a leaves a little residue
My sticky idea is exclusively for fungus gnats , so you don't need them , they won't help with spider mites ,

Watch your humidity , I'm not that good with powdery mildew , only had it once ,

i agree with your nuke scenario

I'll explain other grow medium later
But for the clones , I would recommend , rapid rooters , when they root in 10 days , I would use pro mix in a solo cup , you can but a small bag

You won't be watering it everyday , more like every 3 days , then you can put in fox farm or a soil mix with nutrients if you want to try something new , that can accommodate a little less constant thinking , sort of works on its own for a while

dire wolf

dire wolf

I've been making some amazing chocolate bar edibles
Not sure if that is something your interested in ....

dire wolf

dire wolf

When I say "spray" to remove neem , I mean just " mist "the leaves , underside , stems etc ... until just about dripping off leaf , just a light mist ....

dire wolf

dire wolf

I would leave tent open if your humidity is climbing ....
I was also thinking , if the pests are freaking you out and your not opposed to chemicals .... You can spray with stronger Home Depot stuff ,,,😱

Last edited:
KLight03

KLight03

I would leave tent open if your humidity is climbing ....
I was also thinking , if the pests are freaking you out and your not opposed to chemicals .... You can spray with stronger Home Depot stuff ,,,😱
I'll be alright. I can brace myself with the bugs. If I can survive up to now, sharing the world with them, I'm good. I know they have their own goals in life. Haha! I am interested in your nematodes idea. Can you tell me about that, too? I don't mind having other plants, beneficial bugs in there.

I put up the other light today. Now it looks like they are at the disco. However, they look a lot happier. I moved everyone around again to get some breathing space for them in there. Today it's as foggy as pea soup outside, so humidity is high and I've left it open all day with fans going. It's just now down to 67% and doesn't seem to want to budge. It doesn't look like anyone is complaining though. Nothing I can do about the disco lighting. My camera won't remove it.

IMG 20200212 200529
IMG 20200212 222428
IMG 20200212 222431
IMG 20200212 222436
IMG 20200212 223314
IMG 20200212 223330
IMG 20200212 223340
IMG 20200212 223344
IMG 20200212 223349
IMG 20200212 223356
MVIMG 20200212 200532
MVIMG 20200212 222413