Kim's Beginner Diary

• Thread starter KLight03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

You mean what y'all are saying or what dire wolf is sayin ?
Im also confused ? Did i write this ? I thought you wrote it for some reason , i dont think ive ever said or written the word y'all.....

Maybe i was falling asleep and wrote it ....
Yea basscaptn is right , its a little later than normal to begin topping , but just let em grow out for a few weeks ,

I didnt suggest any topping or training before because it was your first grow and i thought it would be a bad idea to start training , stressing young plants until you had a good sense of feeding and healthy growth going strong first

So yea next time , train earlier ....
But no harm done

dire wolf

dire wolf

Although , tonight im writing at 2:57 and wide awake , so anything say now , you can take seriousley - !

The plants look great , i would not do anymore training at this point

Also, might not be a bad idea to mix a teaspoon in a gallon ( a teaspoon of epsom salt ) and give a foliar spray , some of the leaves on one of the plants might look a little magnesium deficient , but i do it mostly out of superstition , im not a scientist , so its hard for me to make really specific nutrient reccomendations ....
Not sleep talking.....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Love the half green half purple plant photo shots .....

Also looks like you might have a "male " pre flower thingy going on with the pic that has the finger in it ...
The sssd , i guess....

Also , just wanted to tell you , some plants "strains" refuse to respond to topping , or fimming
They will just revert back to one dominant top and not bush out or split...
So if that happens , dont be surprised....

Last edited:
KLight03

KLight03

Love the half green half purple plant photo shots .....

Also looks like you might have a "male " pre flower thingy going on with the pic that has the finger in it ...
The sssd , i guess....

Also , just wanted to tell you , some plants "strains" refuse to respond to topping , or fimming
They will just revert back to one dominant top and not bush out or split...
So if that happens , dont be surprised....
I will have to go check which one that was (for the pre-flower). I hope it is an SSSD. I'm still adamant that I want to keep all males. I'll just spread out into the room they are in.

Personally, I don't like the disco light (only because it alters the appearance), but I needed to put it up because my plants needed another light and I never sent that one back, so good call on my part. They are all bushing out now.

I think you were the one who told me my Blue Gelato was going to go first, right? She's exploding all of a sudden.

The Peyote Critical has some oddly shaped growth. See attached. Is this normal or because everyone is getting tightly packed? (WIsh I had more space) My thinking is because they are growing and were pushing against each other, but I don't know. I don't think this is the best picture, but I will post another one later. It seems like they grow in weird to me, but I also don't have any other point of reference to go on. Ignore the dreaded purple light.

PC New Growth
Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey k, yea , i hate the color lights , it used to be a pale yellow from the high pressure sodium bulbs that started the annoying photo outcome. When you see that fugly yellow photo, you can be sure the grower took the pics with his lights on....

Just when i thought it couldent get worse , photo shop and "effects" began to appear, at first , years ago, i saw those pics and thought to myself , "damn" how can i grow those colorful buds , till a friend told me they were "enhanced" , i think it was in a 15 year old or older high times magazine....

But yours are the first ive seen that actually look like art ....
The subtle blue and green look nice !

Yea but you might have to shut the lights and use your camera flash or clip on lighting in the future, otherwise no one will be able to make accurate comments if there is a particular issue....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Are you going to keep the male and let it continue in the same room as the 12/12 cycle ?

Concerning the crowded question....

In my opinion , its probably a tight compact plant , i have grown a bunch of crowded plants , and they normally just try to overcome eachother by shooting taller or lanky branches to compete for light ,
I dont think because they are crowded that they will change growtth structure or shape because of crowd.....i think its just going to grow compact wether you give it its own room or not.....

Anyone else with an opinion should chime in .....
As always , just my thoughts , i could be wrong..

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Its time To make clones , but to be honest , i was hoping you had a female sssd ,
I think the other strains are more common and you might not need to hold on to the genetics, but im looking at it from a breeders point of view ,

So you should do some clones....

Bunkerking (another member) proved to me that you can sucessfully clone in coco ( i dont use coco , so i never tried )
So since your humidity is so high , you can use his method.

If you want to try my method , you will need a few supplies...

You can also just put cuts in a shotglass full of water , but i wouldent

Or

You can try oldskol method with air stone and aqua rig , that should work great also

So you have 4 choices.....
You have enough cuts to try em all , and see what works for you....

Last edited:
KLight03

KLight03

Its time To make clones , but to be honest , i was hoping you had a female sssd ,
I think the other strains are more common and you might not need to hold on to the genetics, but im looking at it from a breeders point of view ,

So you should do some clones....

Bunkerking (another member) proved to me that you can sucessfully clone in coco ( i dont use coco , so i never tried )
So since your humidity is so high , you can use his method.

If you want to try my method , you will need a few supplies...

You can also just put cuts in a shotglass full of water , but i wouldent

Or

You can try oldskol method with air stone and aqua rig , that should work great also

So you have 4 choices.....
You have enough cuts to try em all , and see what works for you....
What's your method again? I'm going to try @oldskol4evr 's method, too. I'd like to try all the methods to see which I like the best, so please, give me your method. I think you sent me the list before, but I'm coming out of a migraine and I don't want to scroll through all the posts. Sorry if it's a hassle.

Is it looking like all my SSSD are males? That would suck.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea migranes , horrible
Not troubling me at all

My method , get a clone tray with a dome ( 12.00?)
Get a bag of 25 or 50 rapid rooters ( 20.00)
Get some clonex (20.00) or (8,00) or simple rooting powder (5,00?)
Sharp, razor , sharp scissor, and a poker , like a coat hanger wire cut to a short size to punch a hole in the rapid rooter , you can use anything........

Thats about it....
If you go that route , ill explain steps

Oldskool method the only investment is really a drill , you probably have one
A cheap 5.00 airstone
And a cheap aquairium air bubble pump ? 5 bucks ?

Oldskool is a pinch more advanced as far as sucess rate because you have to make sure the fresh cuts survive the outside temps humidity etc , but if it works it will be a good skill to learn....go for it

KLight03

KLight03

@dire wolf Guess what I'm going to be doing tonight? If that's not a lesson in not going with my (our) gut instinct, I wouldn't know of a better example. To my future self: Always, always go with your gut instinct. (Something that should have solidified in paramedic school)

Still haven't found any crawlies, but something is eating my leaves. I really need to look into nematodes. Seriously.

00100lrPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20200216145324163 COVER
00100lrPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20200216145345116 COVER
00100lrPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20200216145354968 COVER
KLight03

KLight03

This morning's photos, minus the disco light.

I think another reason I'm taking issue with the light is because I've been trained to assess upon approach and this prevents my doing so properly. Is there a reason for different colored lights? The last I checked the Sun doesn't provide for our dancing entertainment.

IMG 20200216 124541
IMG 20200216 124544
IMG 20200216 124547
IMG 20200216 124551
IMG 20200216 124558
IMG 20200216 124601
IMG 20200216 124604
IMG 20200216 124606
IMG 20200216 124608
IMG 20200216 124611
IMG 20200216 124614
Moshmen

Moshmen

Readin thru here and you guys mention oldskool, have y seen anything from him in a while do YA’ALL know where he’s been?

KLight03

KLight03

Readin thru here and you guys mention oldskool, have y seen anything from him in a while do YA’ALL know where he’s been?
No, I don't know where he's been. I've been asking about him myself. I'm concerned, to be honest, and I'm trying to remain positive about it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

No, I don't know where he's been. I've been asking about him myself. I'm concerned, to be honest, and I'm trying to remain positive about it.
I think I’ll ask around,
The garden lookin good by the way! And yes positive vibes everywhere !

KLight03

KLight03

I think I’ll ask around,
The garden lookin good by the way! And yes positive vibes everywhere !
Thank you!

If you manage to find him, or his wife, please let them know I think of them often and I wish them health and happiness. Let him know that I'm grateful for his guidance thus far, and to take care of his heart above all else.

dire wolf

dire wolf

This morning's photos, minus the disco light.

I think another reason I'm taking issue with the light is because I've been trained to assess upon approach and this prevents my doing so properly. Is there a reason for different colored lights? The last I checked the Sun doesn't provide for our dancing entertainment.
Damn !! Looking good !!
The photos .......

Dont forget who told you first that you were going to be good at this 😁

Top Bottom