Kingbrite 125 any good to start seedlings?

• Thread starter GrowWeedQuestion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

I have the 301h also get them if you want....... I'm just saying what I Know works..... for me......................... and you can veg and get kick azz plants with that light.................................... you can add red it helps........

I run the 240w cause if something happens your not down the whole light..... also cheaper to fix.... more options..... and Don't like the heat sinks on the bigger lights....

again just my 2 cents.....

that link is to big for me to see... sry.....

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

The 'h' model of leds are specifically for horticultural lighting use. The 'b' ones are just the standard led. Specs say they are the same thing, but i think there is some minor changes in spectrum possibly but not 100% sure on that one. Possibly just a rebranding of the diode for different markets is all

WankirA

WankirA

For the seedlings 4k is better. No need for low temp (3000-3500k) red light on them. The bigger light, the 480, id go with 3500 just to have the versatility of being able to use it for flowering also, if the need ever arrises
Some sense to that, BUT its still NOT what plants want at that stage.
More blue and less red - its simple.
It controls a number of processes and minimizing those functions degrades your flower quality.
As good as @basscaptain s grow is, how much more verdant, larger and even better condition IF you gave them what they require at the right stage..?!

There is more to growing than 'big nugs' IMHO and its about quality 100% of the time.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Red light on seedlings causes unwanted/unneeded stretch. Higher blue light will keep it bushier. There are countless side by side grows demonstrating this documented online. Seems pretty common knowledge around here that blue=veg red=flower
we can agree to disagree right now......

basscaptain

basscaptain

you all have a great day this post dosn't need me i have been down this road to much... lol

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
My 3k panels vegged as good as any MH i have ever grown under!
Dimming is key, intensity is big factor and these qb boards have intense perpetrating light.

GrowWeedQuestion

GrowWeedQuestion

I have the 301h also get them if you want....... I'm just saying what I Know works..... for me......................... and you can veg and get kick azz plants with that light.................................... you can add red it helps........

I run the 240w cause if something happens your not down the whole light..... also cheaper to fix.... more options..... and Don't like the heat sinks on the bigger lights....

again just my 2 cents.....

that link is to big for me to see... sry.....

Maybe i will go with 2x 240w just incase something happens ill still have one light hopefully. I never thought of that

basscaptain

basscaptain

My 3k panels vegged as good as any MH i have ever grown under!
Dimming is key, intensity is big factor and these qb boards have intense perpetrating light.
that there says ALOT....................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

do what you feel you need but...........for me

all my light's are going to be 3000k-3500k.........................on KB QB

GrowWeedQuestion

GrowWeedQuestion

So is 4000 a good idea for the seedling tent with my 125w?

and ill get 2x 240w 3500 for my 4x4 veg tent?

Or should they all be 3500?

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
So is 4000 a good idea for the seedling tent with my 125w?

and ill get 2x 240w 3500 for my 4x4 veg tent?

Or should they all be 3500?

Options are golden, i ordered 4 3k panels and vegged wonderfully under them but i did just order 2 3500k panels for my veg tent.
And the red, UV and IR options expand there usefulness greatly.
Honestly, these qb panels are advertised as "full spectrum" lighting.

WankirA

WankirA

Hey @basscaptain, am really pleased the 3500' works out for you, but @GrowWeedQuestion asked a question and deserves best practise answers.

The fact that your light works isn't best advice or best practice.

All we're doing is giving 'best practice advice': and he makes the decisions regardless.
(For the record I can't afford those or any decent lights: I got shitty LEDs with half the watts I need, I am very poor).
But IF I had to buy a light for veg phase ONLY it would be with cooler whites and with less red than 3.5k

@GrowWeedQuestion , suggest a little more research before you hit 'pay now' but its your call.
Good luck

GrowWeedQuestion

GrowWeedQuestion

theres alot going on hahah im really still not sure whats better i have a differnt tent for flower so my veg tent with the 2x 240w shouldnt need to flower in ever so should they be 4000? And my small seedling light be 4000 also?

basscaptain

basscaptain

Hey @basscaptain, am really pleased the 3500' works out for you, but @GrowWeedQuestion asked a question and deserves best practise answers.

The fact that your light works isn't best advice or best practice.

All we're doing is giving 'best practice advice': and he makes the decisions regardless.
(For the record I can't afford those or any decent lights: I got shitty LEDs with half the watts I need, I am very poor).
But IF I had to buy a light for veg phase ONLY it would be with cooler whites and with less red than 3.5k

@GrowWeedQuestion , suggest a little more research before you hit 'pay now' but its your call.
Good luck
yes he does and in the real world my lights work.........

I'm Very poor also..... can't pay my power bill so.... I'm just adding my 2 cents to something that does work..... I have 4000k, 6000k and hate them............................

but as I said this is my 2 cents and not for everyone....

no disrespect to you but I don't go by what people say... I go by what works for me..... and people that have Used the products........

Peace Out.....

basscaptain

basscaptain

WankirA
I'm not going to say yes or no on the 4000k...I'm sure it will work..................................is all I'll say.......

basscaptain

basscaptain

the only person I know that has the 4000k I think and like it is Big Cube maybe??? up north..... ask him what he thinks........about it... Get the info from someone that is using it,,,,,, all the rest is just giving info that is form what they read...............................................Real Time is the best info ever.........In My Book.....

I'm not going just say use this..............

basscaptain

basscaptain

No so happy
Enjoy what ever you get...they all will work........

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

History is just realtime being recorded so we can look back and see what worked well over a much bigger pool of info than what "works for you". Fact is All PAR light will "work", the question here isn't what will "work", but what will work "best", and its an actual science behind light spectrum and the signals it gives the plants. Red tells the plant it is Fall. Which is why it is good for flowering, but seedling and veg naturally start in spring/summer time while the light is still more blue, than red. 🤷 you can disagree with that all you want, but thats the actual reality of it...

Top Bottom