Kingbrite LED LIGHTS

• Thread starter BobaJob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BobaJob

BobaJob

Hi

Tried to find any thread on this but couldn't so sorry if this has been asked...

I am looking to buy some quantum boards for a 4x4 space from a Chinese company called Kingbrite (https://kingbriteled.m.en.alibaba.com/)

I was wondering if any of you have had experience with them?

Also, how many watts do I need to replace a 1000watt HPS? Can I get as much usable light as a 1k HPS with say 600watt of qb?

Thanks in advance people.

Peace

threatco

threatco

Couple good threads here.

Yes they are good.

You want 2 or 3 240w lights for a 4x4.

I like Yuanhui. Also on Alibaba.

BobaJob

BobaJob

Yes they are good.

Thanks man... Appreciate your help. Looking at a 480w qb

BobaJob

BobaJob

Yes they are good.

Hi

I was considering building three boards each with 3 X qb288 panels for maximum coverage... Would that be overkill in a 4x4 tent?

Thanks in advance

Peace

threatco

threatco

3x 240 panels is ideal for a 4x4 in my eyes.

At as close as you could put them, at max power, yes overkill. But they supposedly run more efficiently when dialed down about 80%. I suggest making it so you have a dial for that instead of an on driver screw. And this lets you set the lights a bit higher getting a more even light distribution.

BobaJob

BobaJob

3x 240 panels is ideal for a 4x4 in my eyes.

At as close as you could put them, at max power, yes overkill. But they supposedly run more efficiently when dialed down about 80%. I suggest making it so you have a dial for that instead of an on driver screw. And this lets you set the lights a bit higher getting a more even light distribution.

Thanks for the reply

I was going to build 3 of these myself from scratch

That's definitely over kill then? Lol

Peace

BobaJob

BobaJob

yeah, 3 of those is way overkill. 2 is perfect.

Awesome.... So 2 with added UV IR 660?

Also, are the ones with the bars better or as good?

Thanks again for your time/advice I'm grateful

Peace

Tech4523

Tech4523

Half of my 8x4
2 Phlizon 2000w cob *450w
1 Spider Farmer 2000w *200w

Full power 1100w draw flower
Veg pull around 600-800

Received 585159559074788
BobaJob

BobaJob

Half of my 8x4
2 Phlizon 2000w cob *450w
1 Spider Farmer 2000w *200w

Full power 1100w draw flower
Veg pull around 600-800

You ain't f******" around lol. After looking around I'm now torn between 3 of the qb boards or the ones with light bars on a from... W55 or something.

threatco

threatco

I would stick with the qb boards. I think they bring the best value. Bars are nice for coverage but are more upfront costs for the same lighting. COBs are nice for penetration but I don't like the potential heat issues and a good scrog negates the need.

If you are not using other lights, then yes UV IR 660. Preferably on a switch, so you are not wasting them during veg.

I would vote for LM301B over LM301H. They are the same thing, H just costs more.

Epistar over Cree for the non-whites, the extra cost for Cree not worth it IMO.

For white color, I would go with a mix of 3000k and 4000k. Or pure 3500k.

Tech4523

Tech4523

I would stick with the qb boards. I think they bring the best value. Bars are nice for coverage but are more upfront costs for the same lighting. COBs are nice for penetration but I don't like the potential heat issues and a good scrog negates the need.

If you are not using other lights, then yes UV IR 660. Preferably on a switch, so you are not wasting them during veg.

I would vote for LM301B over LM301H. They are the same thing, H just costs more.

Oh the Cobs get hot lol but the penetration is nice...I do not veg under full power at all

Currently running 18 inches with the spider at approx 80% and the cobs off....sitting at about 25° and 55/60 RH.
average par of about 400 atm pulling about 700w @ wall

With cobs on I can get 600 par around 30 inches but heat gets out of control. Waiting on upgrades to the 8x4 hvac

20200608 005307
BobaJob

BobaJob

I was thinking 3500 with the UV etc for a full cycle light. Apparently too much red can cause foxtails.

I'm going to get the ones you have...

BobaJob

BobaJob

Oh the Cobs get hot lol but the penetration is nice...I do not veg under full power at all

Currently running 18 inches with the spider at approx 80% and the cobs off....sitting at about 25° and 55/60 RH.
average par of about 400 atm pulling about 700w @ wall

With cobs on I can get 600 par around 30 inches but heat gets out of control. Waiting on upgrades to the 8x4 hvac
Looking nice.... Heat is something I'm concerned about. That's the one of the main reason I'm going led. I'm thinking that 600w is 600w and that if I run the same wattage led the heat will be the same. I was hoping that I could get as much usable light with less wattage so as to lower the heat

threatco

threatco

Looking nice.... Heat is something I'm concerned about. That's the one of the main reason I'm going led. I'm thinking that 600w is 600w and that if I run the same wattage led the heat will be the same. I was hoping that I could get as much usable light with less wattage so as to lower the heat

You are on the right track.

I think most people go with added reds when going 3500. Foxtails from QB with them have not been much of an issue that I have seen.

AngmohGrowz

AngmohGrowz

Thanks for the reply

I was going to build 3 of these myself from scratch

That's definitely over kill then? Lol

Peace

I'm going to be making my purchase today. I spent the last couple of weeks going back and forth on what I should do for my 4x4. Overkill is always good as we can dim them down. I was originally aiming at the 600w w55 bars. I don't like the idea of relying on one large light. If it goes out mid grow, I would have a problem. So I then leaned towards 2 x 320w 255 bars. Someone on this forum board said hey, why not get 3 x 240w boards. I'd then be getting 720w for quite a bit less money. My issue with that, is that based on the shape of the light, the coverage won't be as good as the w55 bars. I then decided I'm going to spend a bit extra and go for 4 x 240w boards. Total overkill - I know. But hell, they should last a long time if dimmed down quite a bit. The coverage will be awesome. Only one problem - the normal 240w boards don't fit. You could put 4 boards side by side, but that doesn't really help with coverage on the top and bottom. To solve that problem, Kingbrite has 'Double-Boards' or 'separate heat-sinks). These makes the boards twice as wide, but not longer - more squarish. It's a perfect fit for a 4x4 with 4 plants. One Light directly above each plant. Hard to beat that.

I'm going all out on the Cree and UV/IR. You can get the version with switches for UV IR with the QB272 boards. I know, they don't have as many LEDS on them. They are a bit cheaper though - and with 4 lights.... I think a few less LEDS is ok. I will be getting all boards in 3000k but will be using them for the full cycle. I figure I may setup a smaller tent for veg in the future, and the 3000k are known to do just fine for veg as well.

Regarding using 3000k for veg, does anyone here have any input to the idea of adding a 6500k 25w CFL for each plant during veg to help keep stretch down? Worth the effort?

Top Bottom