• Thread starter Mudslinger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
just because one can, doesn't mean one should

i read over that entire thread and couldn't for the life of me find the original posters final result. Just week 8 of flowers that still had 100% white pistils - a lot of the other posts are people growing in coco, but most following his method have unusal problems.

Honestly proven is something to me that has multiple runs with exact constants - not changing them, upgrading certain aspects and then saying something is discontinued and now "using something else" that completely changes the variables. that can also be directly replicated outside of his grow room

he also admits he's "not an expert at diagnosing plant issues" uhm that's half the battle.

IDK - seems like most are very small plants and the better looking result ones are general coco growers not using his method directly

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The electric vehicle analogy was simply an analogy. I won’t argue facts about that, lol.

Also, I have suggested people take a look at the thread on the other form. The kiss method is only for Coco and I completely understand the properties of Coco versus soil. Again, I would encourage you guys to check out the thread - you may actually learn a new technique. The kiss method, I believe is only intended for cocoa, and no other growing mediums.
The "KISS" method is using a water only living soil mix. It's as simple as it comes. Unfortunately, the soil is quite expensive if you buy it from the store.

I get it that someone is promoting the MaxiBloom only "Kiss" method as "coco" only. However, its far from ideal and it shows in the plant growth. Maxigrow in my area is like $11.00 for the small bag. It's pretty inexpensive and was made to be used with MaxiBloom as part of a 2 part system.

Regardless, your plants would get their biggest bit of help today with a light foliar feeding of calimagic.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Hey, Coco growers! I posted this issue in the general form and felt that some people didn’t understand the kiss method and growing in cocoa so I thought I would try this for him.

As you can see by the video, there is some deficiencies going on in my plant.

A little background, I’ve had the plants for five or six days now I purchased them as teen sized clones. When I received them, they were nice and dark green. They are in roughly 60% perlite and 40% cocoa. Little by little I am getting some slight yellowing, especially towards the tops.

I have run the kiss method before about four different times and totally understand the process, but I am struggling here.

My process is to mix one teaspoon of maxibloom per gallon of water, as well as 1 teaspoon of Cal Meg And for good measure a pinch of recharge. The pH of the nutes going into the soil is about 6.0, I measured the runoff just now and the runoff is measuring 6.4.

I have tinkered with the light intensity and the height above the plants since I’m not sure if it’s light burn or not. I

could certainly use some advice for people who grow using the kiss method. Thanks!
Don’t use it yet but it’s a very cheap way of providing from my understanding.

2grams (soluble)gypsum to 5 grams maxibloom in full flower. Or two teaspoons gypsum (calcium surface) and 1 tablespoon maxibloom for everything else.
That’s in a 5 gallon bucket.

Enjoy and good luck with your grow.

Last edited:
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Don’t use it yet but it’s a very cheap way of providing from my understanding.

2grams (soluble)gypsum to 5 grams maxibloom in full flower. Or two teaspoons gypsum (calcium surface) and 1 tablespoon maxibloom for everything else.
That’s in a 5 gallon bucket.

Enjoy and good luck with your grow.
gypsum and maxibloom for plants in flower?
5 gal soil or coco

jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

Good clarification,

the kiss method involves using nothing but Maxi bloom throughout the entire grow at a rate of about one teaspoon per gallon. If needed you add cal-mag and silica if required.

It’s a very proven and effective method because you don’t change anything from start to finish. Again, this is only possible using Coco.

As mentioned I’ve used this method for four different grows and it’s wonderful for its simplicity and results.

Here is the thread: https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/micks-coco-k-i-s-s-scrog-method.1452599/
I checked his list, where is your foliar feed? He is using something called SM-90, and you are not. Not sure what it's used for but that might be a lead. I agree with others your giving your plants bloom nutes only, you need the second part especially in vegetative phase.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I checked his list, where is your foliar feed? He is using something called SM-90, and you are not. Not sure what it's used for but that might be a lead. I agree with others your giving your plants bloom nutes only, you need the second part especially in vegetative phase.
i saw that too, when i looked it up, it looked like SM-90 was taken off the shelves due to a labeling issue with EPA
He should be using some alternative to this maybe... who knows. i don't see what the big deal is about using some grow nutes in .... grow. lol

he's right, i don't get it

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Here's a auto I grew in coco using maxi bloom from start to finish.

Screenshot 20230514 083511

Latest posts

Top Bottom