Kk's Strawberry Cough Leaf Diagnosis

• Thread starter coronanitas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

coronanitas

So i have a couple of ladies here and one of them is a kyle kushmans strawberry cough that Im having trouble with. All are in 50/50 mix of canna coco and GH cocoTek PX coir perlite mix. Don't know why I mixes the canna with the GH:mad:. All ladies have been vegging for 5 weeks and feeding schedule is every third or fourth day as needed with little run off about 1/2L each. I skipped on the cal mag on all ladies prior to the last feeding and thats when the SBC showed sign. I have since brought back the cal mag to 3ml per gal on all besides the SBC being 5ml per gal. Im going to flip them this week and trying the 11/13 light cycle. Im having trouble dialing in the SBC as the pics show some kind of deficiency. Can someone chime in and shed some light as to whats going on. Thanks in advance for any help.
The nutes I'm using are as follows:
Canna coco a&b half Rec. dosage per gal.
Humboldt secret golden tree @ 2ml per gal.
Cal mag 3-5 ml per gal.
drip clean @.5ml per gal. every feeding
PH @5.8
GH PH up&down

C

coronanitas

IMG 7642
IMG 7641

IMG 7644
Toaster79

Toaster79

Looks like salt build up. Leaves are twisted and skewed (pH off), petioles are purple(P-), discoloration between veins (Mg-), finger tips clawing (N+), probably some other issueas as well.

Flush her hard. Did you rinse your coco and precharge it before using it, or did it come prepared this way?

Measure pH and EC of run off and compare it to what your puting in. Should come out the same when you're done flushing.

+++++Vibes

C

coronanitas

Thanks Toaster for the reply. The canna coco comes good out the bag and have used before with no problems. As far as the gh cocotek PX coir + perlite, ima first time user I did not wash it out or pre charge..I was in a crunch, mix both and added some perlite for the 50/50 mix. I started to add the drip clean to help out with the build ups two feedings ago. I have been under the impression that in coco you have to worry about the PH going in and less focused on what come out. I'm I completly wrong? Should I do the flush even when using drip clean?

E

eighty9concr

Imo you should definitely focus way more on whats going in. Run off ph can be inaccurate and give mixed results. Just my opinion

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree with that, in terms of helping me resolve my own problems. I like to do a slurry test and it's very quick and easy.

I also suggest doing a foliar application of MgSO4 (Epsom salt) at the rate of 1/4tsp/gal water+sticker-spreader (a drop or few of liquid dish soap works if you have nothing else). If that interveinal chlorosis greens back up, you know you're deficient for sure in Mg. If that is the case, then I feel you're going to need to increase the ratio of Ca here as well.

Top Bottom