KNF Ferments In Hydro?

• Thread starter rototito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rototito

rototito

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I've been interested in KNF farming for a while now, and was wondering if it could be used in Hydro? Especially aeroponics?

Such things like FAA and FFJ specifically, but others as well.

I figure that such things risk infections and what not, unless you sterilize the FAA, etc, but that might reduce the nutrient content, idk.

Any experiences or thoughts would be appreciated.

George1961

George1961

I've heard you shouldn't use organics in hydroponics as they attract pests and bugs ... 😎

rototito

rototito

That's what I figured. Sterilization could work for bacteria, mold, etc, but it'd still attract bugs unless on has a perfectly clean room, which is extremely unlikely.

It'd be nice to do though, hydro speed of growth with real organic nutrients.

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

I know advanced nutrients has an organic hydro line but I’ve never used it. They claim it works real well if you know What your doing but I’m skeptic. Anyone ever use it start to finish ? Did algae and such grow/clog up your lines. ? Was it stinky ?

B

Burned Haze

some info

Reactions: Ina
B

Burned Haze

check out this thread , missed this stickied thread in nutes

RedbudAquaponics

RedbudAquaponics

organic hydro is hard to understand at first because hydro is all sterile. If you have some experience in beer or wine making, you know a lot more about proper organic hydro than you know. In order to keep root rot away you need to quickly colonize with beneficial bacteria before bad bacteria can form. That how beer and wine turn into clean alcohol before it goes putrid. You pitch yeast “microbes” and give them the proper environment to thrive and they fight off bad bacteria for you.

In KNF there is a recipe for lacto bacillus serum that can do the trick. I would use an amino acid product that includes magnesium or fish amino acids “brown sugar fermented fish” from KNF as your nitrogen. The FAA takes 6-12 months to ferment so I would say a product like BioAg Nitro-Mino would work great. Liquid calcium which can use raw rice vinegar or organic apple cider vinegar to dissolve egg shells, Lacto syrum, and FFJ.

Amino 1g per gallon powder or 1ml per gallon liquid.
Liquid calcium 2ml per gallon
Lacto serum stabilized with brown sugar 1ml per gallon
FFJ 4ml per gallon
PH up or down as appropriate

You can foliar feed in Veg and the first 3 weeks of flower fermented sea water made with your lacto serum as well.

Keep the ratio the same but can increase or decrease the “gallons” you add for to get your ppm where you want it. 350-500 in Veg and through stretch. 500-600 through flower. So if I have a 30 gallon reservoir of water, I may target a ppm of 450 with my tap water and only use those ratio to 20 gallons but during flower I use the ratio at 35 gallons and hit a ppm of about 575.

Example:
20 gallons worth diluted into my 30 gal res.

20g amino
40ml liquid calcium
20ml lacto
80ml FFJ
PH up or down as appropriate to get PH between 5.8-6.2

S

Stonemason7767

organic hydro is hard to understand at first because hydro is all sterile. If you have some experience in beer or wine making, you know a lot more about proper organic hydro than you know. In order to keep root rot away you need to quickly colonize with beneficial bacteria before bad bacteria can form. That how beer and wine turn into clean alcohol before it goes putrid. You pitch yeast “microbes” and give them the proper environment to thrive and they fight off bad bacteria for you.

In KNF there is a recipe for lacto bacillus serum that can do the trick. I would use an amino acid product that includes magnesium or fish amino acids “brown sugar fermented fish” from KNF as your nitrogen. The FAA takes 6-12 months to ferment so I would say a product like BioAg Nitro-Mino would work great. Liquid calcium which can use raw rice vinegar or organic apple cider vinegar to dissolve egg shells, Lacto syrum, and FFJ.

Amino 1g per gallon powder or 1ml per gallon liquid.
Liquid calcium 2ml per gallon
Lacto serum stabilized with brown sugar 1ml per gallon
FFJ 4ml per gallon
PH up or down as appropriate

You can foliar feed in Veg and the first 3 weeks of flower fermented sea water made with your lacto serum as well.

Keep the ratio the same but can increase or decrease the “gallons” you add for to get your ppm where you want it. 350-500 in Veg and through stretch. 500-600 through flower. So if I have a 30 gallon reservoir of water, I may target a ppm of 450 with my tap water and only use those ratio to 20 gallons but during flower I use the ratio at 35 gallons and hit a ppm of about 575.

Example:
20 gallons worth diluted into my 30 gal res.

20g amino
40ml liquid calcium
20ml lacto
80ml FFJ
PH up or down as appropriate to get PH between 5.8-6.2
Do you think you could use it in a coco grow.knf ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom