KOOK MADNESS!!

• Thread starter DixinCider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DixinCider

hey everyone, been a while since i could grow again, but im back and decided to make a grow log.
i'm running 4k (next run will be 6k) air cooled (no c02)
125can with 8in vortex. 6in intake fan

3gal pots, in pure canna coco

cuts for this run...mostly kooks (forum cut), cherry pie, and two white fire phenos i like a lot.

today is about 4 weeks veg, soon to start flower.

3rd pic kooks
4th cherry pie
5th, and 6th white fire 1, and 2. (wifi 1=comatose og super heavy orange fuel, wifi 2 white candy og, sweet lemon/pine pure og taste smell..tastes like hairspray in your mouth)

Kook madness
Kook madness 2
Kook madness 3
Kook madness 4
Kook madness 5
Kook madness 6
pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

"kooks" lol. Thats what cali con should call their cookie seeds..

Damn bro only an 8" for exhaust this time of year? wish i could pull that off.. I got 6k aircooled with a can qmax 12", passive intake and keep temps 79 with it cranked..

You ever try them qmax12's? they kick ass, quieter than a 10 and so good at pulling air through ducts/filters/resistance

plants look bangin homie

D

DixinCider

good luck on the run! those cookies look dank
thanks man

Damn bro only an 8" for exhaust this time of year? wish i could pull that off.. I got 6k aircooled with a can qmax 12", passive intake and keep temps 79 with it cranked..

You ever try them qmax12's? they kick ass, quieter than a 10 and so good at pulling air through ducts/filters/resistance

plants look bangin homie
thanks man, i don't have a passive intake, and i have never tired the qmax12s...that would be killer i don't think i could pull that off with an 8in exhaust, and passive intake ...im using a 6in vortex as an intake and nights get down to 60s this time of year (some nights are hotter then others), and a little later 30-40, also im only running 4 lights this run. so hopefully ill be fine, but if not i have a 13000btu portable but hope not to have to use it.
that canopy is a picture of health ..... nice work ...
peace SoSerThc1
thanks man, trying to keep things on point.

D

DixinCider

i've had a grip of forum cookies lately and they mostly smell like powered sugar, cookie dough with funk..does the forum in veg smell spot on mint coco chocolate? cuz i have that smell like maddd. if my flowers come out smelling like this ill be super pumped!

soserthc1

soserthc1

i've had a grip of forum cookies lately and they mostly smell like powered sugar, cookie dough with funk..does the forum in veg smell spot on mint coco chocolate? cuz i have the smell like maddd. if my flowers come out smelling like this ill be super pumped!

I had a cut that was about to hit flower and was real deal forum (well known ic mag guy) had a slight mint funk in veg but unfortunately the grow need emergency destruction and never got to flower her out. Gotta some good crosses in the vault thou busting out soon .....

D

DixinCider

I had a cut that was about to hit flower and was real deal forum (well known ic mag guy) had a slight mint funk in veg but unfortunately the grow need emergency destruction and never got to flower her out. Gotta some good crosses in the vault thou busting out soon .....
that sucks the grow needed to be shut down, sorry to hear that. same kinda thing happened to me 6 months ago had a whole round for a 4k sealed c02 room and had to ditch it (crazy ex)....i haven't flowered her out yet either, but in veg the smell of MINT and CHOCOLATE are super pronounced, its crazy spot on gsc...i got this cut from leadsled, so im certain its the forum, but wondering if anyone else has a spot on mint coco smell in veg..if i pull off a calyx in veg and smash it in between my fingers its insane. what crosses are you going to be working with?

soserthc1

soserthc1

that sucks the grow needed to be shut down, sorry to hear that. same kinda thing happened to me 6 months ago had a whole round for a 4k sealed c02 room and had to ditch it (crazy ex)....i haven't flowered her out yet either, but in veg the smell of MINT and CHOCOLATE are super pronounced, its crazy spot on gsc...i got this cut from leadsled, so im certain its the forum, but wondering if anyone else has a spot on mint coco smell in veg..if i pull off a calyx in veg and smash it in between my fingers its insane. what crosses are you going to be working with?

yes leds would be the real deal .... mine prob came from the same circle but only had 1 - i have the birddawg gsc/arc and i have gsc/green crack and gonna pollinate the forum cut with starfighter and predator pink also

D

DixinCider

yes leds would be the real deal .... mine prob came from the same circle but only had 1 - i have the birddawg gsc/arc and i have gsc/green crack and gonna pollinate the forum cut with starfighter and predator pink also
thats whats up sounds good. curious to see how the forum x starfighter would turn out. whats the birddawg gsc?

D

DixinCider

plants look bangin homie
got me thinking on a bigger exhaust fan...looked more into the max fans they look beast, and blow hard. i really liking the 10in fan, you think i could use one 10in max fan with a duct splitter (2 rows of 3) and an 8in intake? so you think with this set up i could do 8 lights potentially (one fan y splitting 2 rows of 4)?

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

got me thinking on a bigger exhaust fan...looked more into the max fans they look beast, and blow hard. i really liking the 10in fan, you think i could use one 10in max fan with a duct splitter (2 rows of 3) and an 8in intake? so you think with this set up i could do 8 lights potentially (one fan y splitting 2 rows of 4)?

right now i have 6k in a ~12x12..

8inch elicent taking outside air and blowing into a 8" split to (2) 6"-Y. from there ducting splits to two runs of 3 lights each air cooled magnum xxls. Ducting from both these light runs emptys into a plenum type box i built around a can 100 with 1x1's and drywall and panda film. I have a 10" max fan sucking ontop of the filter exhausting outside. This gets rid of odor leaks from aircooled lights. I copied selfhemployed on that one works great.

My main exhaust is one 12" q-max (the built in sound proofing works soooo good. its quiter than my 10" max fan when both are maxed out) sitting on a filter in another room. I use the overpriced variac from can to slow it down if i need to...Plenum box around this filter setup as well. 2-12"s + 8" ducting for passive intake..

Yeah you could maybe even do 8k with the aircooled fan setup. Definitely in winter. With just the 8" blowing and 10" off, you can feel lots of air escaping little openings in the hood..

I am fully of the opinion pushing with a smaller but powerful fan and pulling with a bigger one thats filtered is the only way to go with runs of more than one aircooled light.

if you look at the static pressure (i think) ratings of the 10 vs 12, the 12 shits on the 10. I noticed the 10's really start becoming inefficient cooling large rooms or duct runs if their on a big filter. The 12;s are built for any significant resistance. the 10" max fans are really good for putting on a filter and scrubbing sealed rooms tho.

D

DixinCider

right now i have 6k in a ~12x12..

8inch elicent taking outside air and blowing into a 8" split to (2) 6"-Y. from there ducting splits to two runs of 3 lights each air cooled magnum xxls. Ducting from both these light runs emptys into a plenum type box i built around a can 100 with 1x1's and drywall and panda film. I have a 10" max fan sucking ontop of the filter exhausting outside. This gets rid of odor leaks from aircooled lights. I copied selfhemployed on that one works great.

My main exhaust is one 12" q-max (the built in sound proofing works soooo good. its quiter than my 10" max fan when both are maxed out) sitting on a filter in another room. I use the overpriced variac from can to slow it down if i need to...Plenum box around this filter setup as well. 2-12"s + 8" ducting for passive intake..

Yeah you could maybe even do 8k with the aircooled fan setup. Definitely in winter. With just the 8" blowing and 10" off, you can feel lots of air escaping little openings in the hood..

I am fully of the opinion pushing with a smaller but powerful fan and pulling with a bigger one thats filtered is the only way to go with runs of more than one aircooled light.

if you look at the static pressure (i think) ratings of the 10 vs 12, the 12 shits on the 10. I noticed the 10's really start becoming inefficient cooling large rooms or duct runs if their on a big filter. The 12;s are built for any significant resistance. the 10" max fans are really good for putting on a filter and scrubbing sealed rooms tho.
you have a dope set up. so you have two 12in max fans exhausting your room? and a 8in passive intake?
i was looking into the max q fans (considering there quieter and you can control them) and was about to buy a 10in one, but didnt because the order wasn't going threw. maybe i should buy a 12in one if it doesnt work out. what im going to do is finish setting up the room tonight and fire it up, if it can hold stable temps then ill leave it be. if not im prob going to do a 12in sitting on a filter then blowing threw my lights out the room. 6in intake with a vortex if needed.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

you have a dope set up. so you have two 12in max fans exhausting your room? and a 8in passive intake?
i was looking into the max q fans (considering there quieter and you can control them) and was about to buy a 10in one, but didnt because the order wasn't going threw. maybe i should buy a 12in one if it doesnt work out. what im going to do is finish setting up the room tonight and fire it up, if it can hold stable temps then ill leave it be. if not im prob going to do a 12in sitting on a filter then blowing threw my lights out the room. 6in intake with a vortex if needed.

sorry for being confusing.
i have one 12 '' q-max fan exhausting room.<< the 2-12's and 8" i was referring to was the ducting i use to bring fresh air in passively (passive intake)>>

for lights its an 8 in pushing, and a 10" max fan pulling. hot air from lights goes into box (((which has ~2in clearance from filter on all sides)), into filter 10"fan combo, then outside.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

the nice thing about the 10" maxfans (qmax is same, just with lip with foam on both sides to dampen noise) is they can be controlled by a cheapo fan speed controller. the 12 runs full blast but if you want to slow it down for any reason you have to buy the 200$ variac controller can makes/distributes. For me it was worth it and works fine, but could be different for others.

I would be scared to blow a 12''qmax into my lights lolol. That thing really moves some air. Might shatter the glass or sometin lol

cant wait to see how your gsc turns out bro. You still runnin any OG or just wifi's?

D

DixinCider

the nice thing about the 10" maxfans (qmax is same, just with lip with foam on both sides to dampen noise) is they can be controlled by a cheapo fan speed controller. the 12 runs full blast but if you want to slow it down for any reason you have to buy the 200$ variac controller can makes/distributes. For me it was worth it and works fine, but could be different for others.

I would be scared to blow a 12''qmax into my lights lolol. That thing really moves some air. Might shatter the glass or sometin lol

cant wait to see how your gsc turns out bro. You still runnin any OG or just wifi's?

damn hearing about all the air you have moving makes me feel under powered for my 20x20. maybe i should run the 10in then lol. im going to run insulated ducting too, i hope that helps the set up i have now work, tell it really cools off in october(i hope, if not then the 10in max it is lol, you can control the 10s with a controller? nice to know i thought you couldn't) im going to do 18 gsc, 2 wifi #1, 2 wifi #2, 2 cherry pies. i do have another og cut. i originally just got her as og kush, but it reminds me alot of the original fire og kush, but who knows that og is fire too. ill run her next round with some alien bub and white master.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

damn hearing about all the air you have moving makes me feel under powered for my 20x20. maybe i should run the 10in then lol. im going to run insulated ducting too, i hope that helps the set up i have now work, tell it really cools off in october(i hope, if not then the 10in max it is lol, you can control the 10s with a controller? nice to know i thought you couldn't) im going to do 18 gsc, 2 wifi #1, 2 wifi #2, 2 cherry pies. i do have another og cut. i originally just got her as og kush, but it reminds me alot of the original fire og kush, but who knows that og is fire too. ill run her next round with some alien bub and white master.

yeah a 20x20 has a way bigger air buffer than the small 11x11 im in. Small rooms heat up quickkkk.

Alien bub and wmk sound dank.

Curious to see your cherry pie in flower. I feel like that strain can come out even more fire than gsc if done right and you get her chunky with less leaf.

Top Bottom