Korea

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

B.B. King

I do not doubt what you say, but I've never been to any of those places or spoken with any of their people, so I just really don't know. Remember those nasty ass weapons of mass destruction we purged from Iraq? Just saying, it isn't always prudent to listen to the slant of the mass media if you're looking for the truth.

Grow well,
B.B.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
its not our media anyway its thiers. dont you think its funny all this stuff comes out at 3 am thier time right when its prime time for USA news?

squiggly

squiggly

I never understood why we invaded Iraq even.

Are we not smart and powerful enough these days that we can just wait for awhile until Saddam or Kim Jung-Un show themselves somewhere and then drop like 50 patriot missles on their face?

I mean I'm not necessarily against or for war, but can't we execute smart war if we're going to do it at least? These are both dudes who think/thought they are absolutely the shit and they constantly make public appearances. Wait for them to do that and kill them. End of story, no need to even put boots on the ground.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I think Bill HIcks said it best, can't we use our technology to make a smart banana and fire it at people that need food??

squiggly

squiggly

I think Bill HIcks said it best, can't we use our technology to make a smart banana and fire it at people that need food??

I'm a big comedy buff. I know a lot of folks like comedy but knowing shit about comedy and watching it qualifies as a hobby for me--I'm obsessed (my poor, poor, girlfriend).

Bill Hicks is one of my absolute favs, and this is one of my favorite quotes of his. He really mixed two of my favorite things flawlessly. Political activism and comedy. It's REALLY REALLY REALLY difficult to do that successfully, and he was a master of it--both sides of the aisle respected him for it in his time and that's even more difficult to say.

Really my litmus test for today's political atmosphere is to ask myself whether a Bill Hicks of today could make both sides of the aisle laugh. I really don't think he could and that's on the most frightening things about our political climate to me. We all take ourselves and our positions much too seriously these days. We believe we're all right, all the time, no exceptions.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Snickers

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

"Plan Of Attack" by Woodward is a great read that counts the buildup to the invasion of Iraq. After reading that, I can't lay the full blame on Bush...He was played by the "evil triumvirate" called Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Tenet. These men did their very best to alienate the one "voice of reason" that had reservations against said invasion....Colin Powell.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Has anyone mentioned yet what we US consumers play as a role buying up all of Chinas shit...something tells me China dont want NK fuking wit us so we have more money to buy their planned obsolescence...

squiggly

squiggly

Has anyone mentioned yet what we US consumers play as a role buying up all of Chinas shit...something tells me China dont want NK fuking wit us so we have more money to buy their planned obsolescence...

They don't want them fucking with us because the NK/American war is a "proxy" war where Nk is the proxy of China.

NK shares a border with China and they don't want violence spilling over it either.

Plainly put, NK is a buffer between America and China and the Chinese have no intention of seeing it removed. China cannot endure a war with America right now. They have nukes, but they've only just recently started to ramp up their military spending. They've got at least 30 years of heavy spending before they can go toe to toe with us militarily, and they've got about 20-30 years before they can afford to spend that much without us buying their stuff.

All of this shit is and always has been about endgame. Governments don't think on the 1-2-10 year scale, and they shouldn't.

Right now all the military spending we do seems like waste, but the reality is it's our only advantage in the endgame. We've got a relatively small and spread out population, we need big guns for insurance. China needs our money for theirs. Their endgame is to bring their economy to a tipping point to where they don't need us anymore (without crazy military spending on their part this is predicted to be about 50 or so years from now).

At that point they can stop relying on us so much, and they can start to spend crazy money on their own military advancement. From that point they will have a huge advantage over us due to the sheer number of people they have, and their proximity to most of the worlds natural resources.

Our endgame is very simply to spend our pants off on defense and hope its enough to stem the tide when the Chinese get ready to take over (ie when they get ready to take the stick from us).

The question isn't so much if this will all come to pass, but when. Maybe 75 years, maybe 100, maybe 200--and maybe we hold on to our advantage simply by innovating our way out and growing our population.

I really really doubt it though. This whole thing is a big fucked up game of chess and the stakes have been mostly drawn at this point. The lines are in the sand.

When the Korean war happened we were on more equal footing with China. They were not as fearful of us as they are now. No one wants a thermonuclear war, and China is pressuring NK to see that one doesn't break out--because if America starts carpet bombing NK China might not be left with much of a choice.

squiggly

squiggly

"Plan Of Attack" by Woodward is a great read that counts the buildup to the invasion of Iraq. After reading that, I can't lay the full blame on Bush...He was played by the "evil triumvirate" called Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Tenet. These men did their very best to alienate the one "voice of reason" that had reservations against said invasion....Colin Powell.

I never did lay the whole thing at Bush's feet--and I always respected Powell.

I'm weird as an American in that even though I VEHEMENTLY disagree with most of the right's policies I was raised to have this thing called respect. When that man was in office, he was my president. I don't give a fuck what he did but you'd have never counted me among those who called him stupid or who made him out to be a war monger.

I believe he did what he thought was right, and I really believe that 99.99% of ALL people do the same (even the people who endlessly hate on me on this very forum--they are only doing what they think is the right thing. They can go fuck themselves, and I believe saying as much is me doing what is right--but who's to say really?). What actually happens is often lost in translation, but I believe most people are well-intentioned.

If I were to lay the blame anywhere I'd lay it at the feet of those who elected Bush. I thought he was ill-qualified to be president and I think that turned out to be correct. I think it takes the failure of a nation to bring about the tragedy that occurred and we can't scapegoat our way out of that.

People were not well informed and they made a poor choice--and I think the same probably goes for Bush.

That is all of our fault. We need more emphasis on people getting reliable information into their brains. We can start by shutting down the travesty that we call the news media in this country and investing some money into resurrecting Cronkite and his ilk.

Cronkite was opinionated, sure, but in his time facts weren't something each person had their own version of. Facts were facts.

We need to get back to that in this country.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I think we need to regain the confidence in the honest man who used to run for government....that honest man doesnt run because we the people gave up on him and dont even vote anymore,,,shit needs to change somewhere and soon. We need action, and direction

ttystikk

ttystikk

Are we not smart and powerful enough these days that we can just wait for awhile until Saddam or Kim Jung-Un show themselves somewhere and then drop like 50 patriot missles on their face?

I mean I'm not necessarily against or for war, but can't we execute smart war if we're going to do it at least? These are both dudes who think/thought they are absolutely the shit and they constantly make public appearances. Wait for them to do that and kill them. End of story, no need to even put boots on the ground.

Assassinating foreign heads of state has blowback consequences Americans have been paying for since before it was outlawed by executive order over 20 years ago.. You turn a living thug into a dead martyr, and that's a bad mistake.

squiggly

squiggly

Assassinating foreign heads of state has blowback consequences Americans have been paying for since before it was outlawed by executive order over 20 years ago.. You turn a living thug into a dead martyr, and that's a bad mistake.

Good point. Give him cancer or some shit then.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Indeed. Another good read..."Blowback: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire" by Chalmers Johnson. This is the book that really turned me from a staunch goose stepping brown shirt Republican to who I am today.

B

B.B. King

In my opinion, this pretty well explains why we spanked Iraq:

http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/demise-petrodollar

research really does take more than watching the evening news. But then again, we know that everyone has a bias.

"The problem with quotes found on the internet, is that we don't always know that they are valid."
-Abraham Lincoln

Grow well,
B.B.

Top Bottom