Korean Natural Farming (knf) Master Cho

• Thread starter Lazerus00
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Liked this. However I would eliminate the step he used of adding commercail mychos to his brew. One its a waste of money. Since he put the rice bags into his native surroundings he will have already cultured some of the native mychos already in his soil. There are studies that have shown that the efficacy of a lot of commercial mychos dont even germinate. Along with the fact that even the ones that did germinate the dry plant yields were no better than the yields from plants not receiving any mycho additives..

I never use comm mychos it is much more prudent to harvest your own from the native soil in your area. Thus assuring a higher inoculation rate.

Homesteader

Homesteader

@jumpincactus Couldn't agree more about the commercial mycos. I personally have had a lot of success with store bought mycos in the past but in this case it is an unnecessary step IMO . This is the tree I am harvesting microbes from and a bucket of growth at 1 week.
IMG 20160923 121920
IMG 20161022 095100

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@jumpincactus Couldn't agree more about the commercial mycos. I personally have had a lot of success with store bought mycos in the past but in this case it is an unnecessary step IMO . This is the tree I am harvesting microbes from and a bucket of growth at 1 week.
View attachment 641658 View attachment 641659
Very nice location. Bet there are some goodies livin in the soil around that tree.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Yeah the picture doesn't really do the tree justice on its size but its my largest oak at least 90 years old probably a few decades more.
hey homesteader,when you pull the rice up,do you really need that amount of mollasses?then,after the second month brewing in the bucket,what's my next step?
I really want to try this out.i only use different shop bought stuff,I do some nettle teas n stuff,but that's as far as I go.any more advice would be great pal,thanks.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would agree that less is okay(mollasses) Think I went about 30 days-40 days but was just kind of winging it.. I personally didn't find much benefit from this from my experimenting in the sense that EWCs provided the microbes already. I may do it again and leave out the EWCs to get a better idea.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I would agree that less is okay(mollasses) Think I went about 30 days-40 days but was just kind of winging it.. I personally didn't find much benefit from this from my experimenting in the sense that EWCs provided the microbes already. I may do it again and leave out the EWCs to get a better idea.
cheers mate, yeah bro,keep on trying new stuff out.thats were it's at.i was surprised how much nettles can boost your gals vitality.i get this really bright green colouring on them.they really respond to it,young or old.a handful of earth ,freshly dug up from next to a big oak tree,or whatever....makes for a great tea additive.
thanks again for response bro.any more ideas for organic boosters,tea's,additives,let us know. keiks.......

Marejuana

Marejuana

Nothing to add, but I have been checking out the knf methods and think they sound great. What sort of environment are you looking to use it in? To me, it looked they would be best applied to large beds in a greenhouse, not sure how well it would translate to container gardening indoors. I like the thread idea:)
Maybe making your own soil mix for indoor plants? That's what I'm thinking anyway

C

cristo710

Hey all I recently started growing knowing I wanted to go organic, didnt know how until I found KNF. I just finished Cho's Global Natural Farming and I have a few questions that I dont know where to find the answers to - What do the abbreviations NMA and NMD stand for in natural farming? As well as I saw something on Instagram about 'jadam.' Did I miss a chapter or are these other natural farming methods not published in the book i read..?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Hey all I recently started growing knowing I wanted to go organic, didnt know how until I found KNF. I just finished Cho's Global Natural Farming and I have a few questions that I dont know where to find the answers to - What do the abbreviations NMA and NMD stand for in natural farming? As well as I saw something on Instagram about 'jadam.' Did I miss a chapter or are these other natural farming methods not published in the book i read..?
You did not miss any chapters. Normal to get confused, some growers combine both or only use a portion of the KNF system instead of using as designed.

JADAM farming, which is a Korean acronym for "people who are like Nature", was developed in the 90's by Dr. Cho's son, Youngsan Cho! JADAM ultra low budget organic farming is an anaerobic tea system of farming, where you ferment forest soil with starchy potato water and sea salt (for nutrients), cover the lid and let that go for 36-48 hours, diluate at peak and apply. They also go into making a mix of different other potent special plant biofertilizers. JADAM does incorporate IPM into the system by providing recipes and education on how to make your own non-toxic pesticides and other IPM inputs. JADAM is gaining popularity because of its simple ease at any scale, its effectiveness, and is fast and cheap. Downside to JADAM is that these anaerobic teas smell Bad at times.
JADAM Guide:
https://www.amazon.com/JADAM-Organic-Farming-Gardening-Ultra-Low-Cost-ebook/
JADAM Website.
http://en.jadam.kr/

Hope that helps, Happy Growing.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Great input sled
I call you lead sled BTW (in my own mind) :D. Used to call my putt a sled. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom