Krakty

• Thread starter Badgeradventures
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

Has anyone tried growing kratky system?

And if so what how do it go?

Yes, and it went very slowly for hydro. It was very picky on nutrients, and even with a 4 litre jar, it got rootbound before it fully flowered. I took it out of the jar and my dad finished it on a constant drip system in a 5g bucket.

Kratkey is a joke. It's a gimmick. From before people were smart enough to add an air stone.

basscaptain

basscaptain

talk to

@PlumberSoCal

he will give you a diff view also

you look like a guy i know name Steve....LOL

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Yes, and it went very slowly for hydro. It was very picky on nutrients, and even with a 4 litre jar, it got rootbound before it fully flowered. I took it out of the jar and my dad finished it on a constant drip system in a 5g bucket.

Kratkey is a joke. It's a gimmick. From before people were smart enough to add an air stone.
Depends on the plant. We haven't had to purchase lettuce in a couple months.
20200204 144021

20200204 144317

I've been harvesting off alk these and had 4 bolt which I removed. They were Black Seed Simpson's 2 1/2' tall and they provided several pounds of leaves.

Broccoli and brussels sprouts are killing it but I will move these to buckets with an air stone as they are heavy producers.
20200204 144322

8 cherry tomato plants, 4 100 reds and 4 yellow pear, both full of flowers and several with fruit
20200203 081953

These are on a shelf 2' below the next shelf and have grown a foot and a half above the upper shelf as you can see in the first lettuce pic I posted. It's also winter here. I assume in spring and summer I won't have to plant any in soil. Big tomato plants will get DWC.

For smaller plants it works like a dream but I tend the plants, add/change nute water as needed and since I'm using coco in the basket I like to water them weekly just enough to wet the medium. Seems to be working, at least with these species.

I'll give weed a try again soon. Had mice/rats eat all my seedlings a few months ago so took a break from planting more until I could control the little bastards which I have done with electronic device's. Maybe the end of this month I'll start up again.

For weed I prefer growing in coco.
20200203 082158
20200203 082146

But will try some Kratky and DWC this year just for fun.

Top Bottom