ktla says u can make hash with propane?

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

some idiots blew up their house using propane? i thought you were supposed to use butaine?

A hash oil lab was found inside the garage. (KTLA-TV)

KTLA News

10:57 a.m. PDT, June 9, 2011
MOORPARK, Calif. (KTLA) -- An explosion and fire that ripped through an upscale Moorpark home Thursday, leaving two people injured, led to the discovery of a hash oil lab inside, officials said.

Fire crews were called to the home along Shady Point Drive and North Cedarpine Lane around 1:24 a.m. after reports of a garage fire.

It was first suspected that the garage may have been housing a methamphetamine lab. Fire officials later determined it was a hash oil lab equipped with propane tanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Propane is apparently used to get the highest level of THC out of the oil.

One man suffered "very severe" and potentially life-threatening burns in the explosion, Chief Jim Arledge of the Ventura County Fire Department told KTLA.

A pregnant woman and a child were sleeping inside the home when the fire broke out.

They were able to escape without injury.

"It was a threat to the entire neighborhood," Arledgel told KTLA.

"I've seen different kind of drug labs and they're all dangerous, but this is new for us. This is a new concept for us, this hash oil," he said.

So far no arrests have been made.

B

billybadazz

you can use propane, butane, and pretty much all the petroleum distillates in different methods and extractions. My guess is they were doing a supercritical extraction using propane instead of Co2.(just google it I don't want to go into a one page complexity and properties of the subject) -BB

Latest posts

Top Bottom