kush autoflower could this be light burn

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

kush autoflower i have 9 plants in4x4x7 tent this is the only plant showing this
is this light burn or something else i have 1 mars hydro tsl 2000 and 2 mars hydro ts1000 all daisey chained
plant is 4 weeks 2 days old
temps 74 to 83 day 68 to 74 night
planted in perlite and fox farm lights are about 36 inches above canopy was at 75 percent just now dimmed to about 69 percent
last feeding was 2 days ago 3/4 to 1 gallon of water ph was 6.6 ppm 328 i had mixed 5 gallons of water with 5 tsp of ff grow big and 3 tsp of big bloom
20210528_201634.jpg
20210528_201642.jpg
20210528_201745.jpg

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

kush autoflower i have 9 plants in4x4x7 tent this is the only plant showing this
is this light burn or something else i have 1 mars hydro tsl 2000 and 2 mars hydro ts1000 all daisey chained
plant is 4 weeks 2 days old
temps 74 to 83 day 68 to 74 night
planted in perlite and fox farm lights are about 36 inches above canopy was at 75 percent just now dimmed to about 69 percent
last feeding was 2 days ago 3/4 to 1 gallon of water ph was 6.6 ppm 328 i had mixed 5 gallons of water with 5 tsp of ff grow big and 3 tsp of big bloom
View attachment 1129453View attachment 1129454View attachment 1129455
Over watering... the plant can't take up nutrients as well to support photosynthesis or that amount of light.

Move the fan to the floor make sure it on low and oscillating it will help dry the pots out increase transpiration and reduce the micro climates caused by the dense growth. Aka high humidity around the leaves.

Reduce your humidity is part of it also I feel but I can't be sure without numbers.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Over watering... the plant can't take up nutrients as well to support photosynthesis or that amount of light.

Move the fan to the floor make sure it on low and oscillating it will help dry the pots out increase transpiration and reduce the micro climates caused by the dense growth. Aka high humidity around the leaves.

Reduce your humidity is part of it also I feel but I can't be sure without numbers.
i did what you said with the fan . i just dont see how i keep overwatering i do what you guys say i water till runoff and when the pots are dry and weightless i water again always like 4 or 5 days goes by between watering

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i did what you said with the fan . i just dont see how i keep overwatering i do what you guys say i water till runoff and when the pots are dry and weightless i water again always like 4 or 5 days goes by between watering
Ok then it's the humidity. I assume over watering because that's 99% of the time what the issue is. It's a transpiration issue

See that swelling between the veins of the leaves. 99% of the time it's over watering. The other thing that will cause that is humidity and by that I mean the humidity right at the leaf on the bottom side. Your room maybe ok at like 50-60% but if it's high right around the leaf it reduces the transpiration to much.

What is your humidity at? And can you give some info on your air exchange?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I looked in my Ed Rosenthal book. It looks like the plant in the example on calcium deficiency. If your PH is too low you need to ad some calmag.
Calcium is usually one of the first deficiencies to show when transpiration rates are low.

Ime almost 95% of deficiencies are not a lack of a nutrient but a lack of uptake or availability.

Leaves are swollen and drooping, showing deficiency and cell damage. But not spots like calcium usually shows. The patten more resembles magnesium but it's not lack of nutrients or availability imo... absolutely uptake due to low transpiration.

Has to be rootzone or environmental the way I see it.

Ponky

Ponky

Yeah I would water with straight humic acid. And ph the water. Next round just water. See how it goes. Calcium is probably locked out.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Ok then it's the humidity. I assume over watering because that's 99% of the time what the issue is. It's a transpiration issue

See that swelling between the veins of the leaves. 99% of the time it's over watering. The other thing that will cause that is humidity and by that I mean the humidity right at the leaf on the bottom side. Your room maybe ok at like 50-60% but if it's high right around the leaf it reduces the transpiration to much.

What is your humidity at? And can you give some info on your air exchange?
humidity stays between 58 and 63 most the time but there have been a few hours it was higher i have a 6 inch ac infinity fan with filter i have the 12 inch oscillating fan in that corner and directly across in the other corner is a 9 inch fan

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

next time i water i will water with plain ph water with cal mag this is my only grow where i have not added any cal mag

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

humidity stays between 58 and 63 most the time but there have been a few hours it was higher i have a 6 inch ac infinity fan with filter i have the 12 inch oscillating fan in that corner and directly across in the other corner is a 9 inch fan
Move the fans to the bottom... very slight breeze through the plants.. lower humidity to about 50%.

And then follow what @Ponky Said.

St.Cloud

St.Cloud

Looks to be over watering. Possibly switch pots to the fabric style. This will help you on over watering. Excess runs out easier and the fabric will help with soil airation. I have had good luck with the 5 gallon fabric pots. Going 5 days without watering would indicate to me of poor drainage and you will end up with root rot and several other issues in the future. Hope this helps. I am not the professional at this moment but my plants have shown that I am no total novice 😜

Latest posts

Top Bottom