Kush weights

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

boxmunch9

j-kid, I just pulled 7oz a plant from bubbakush on my first tree grow with vertical light. I vegged for about 4 weeks. Had serious heat issuses for that crazy couple of weeks we had here in nor-cal this jan, which caused root/stem rot. I also didnt top them trying to go with krusty'slow stress theroy. all that said If i had vegged a week longer, FIM'd them, and had no root issuses I think i could have gotten close to a pound a plant. switched from a modified krusty to a hempy coco with about 40% perlite, im only shootin for a .5lb plant now

S

snowkitty

Hey JK, I am planning to run the tahoe in your gm1000. I am putting another o.g. cut (nicknamed j7) to veg in the gm5000 as well but it doesn't look as good as the tahoe ones at this point. That's the plan for now so we'll see how she performs growing modified krusty style. I'm still well under a dozen harvests so there will be room for improvement on whatever I get this time around... :)

J

Jalisco Kid

SK
From what I have seen of the tahoe's I'll bet you could veg and flower them in the 5000. Put 10 in there and 2 1000's in the middle. Since I have gotten the seeds from swerve I have yet to see one at a decent size. I have seen them lit up well, so I do not know if they have smaller root sys or what. I would run all of them in the 5000 and pick a mom unless you have the cut. If it is good as I hear I will run the 20 to pick a male and a couple females to compare these seeds to the cut. Then once it cools off I will try the whitegums.JK

E

easypleasie

7 oz from my og

I just got the answer to a question I had for you in another thread. You remove the middle row in your gm5000 to run vertical lights? Got it! The 18" centers threw me off. I know this is kinda old but wanted to reply to the og question. I was able to pull just over 7 oz from my og. I don't know which cut it is though. Very long and viney. 2k lights hung vertical in 5 gallon buckets of coco. Watered every 2 days. I had some issues with the botanicare calmag (thanks for informing us!) and there were about two blazing hot weeks where I couldn't get air temps under 86 and no c02. Had a few issues with the grow but managed an ok harvest, especially with the og. So, I think 1 pound per plant seems very doable, if done by an experienced grower like yourself. Also, you have the right setup for it. Veg times and how often you top may be the deciding points. I hope to achieve the 1 lb mark with the og, one of these days :) Gonna need a little more light first. I'm hoping to pull 9-10 oz each on my next run with them.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would think to consider a strain for a tree run it has to be able to do 30oz to make up for all the space it takes up.JK

E

easypleasie

I have packs of C4, C99, Sannie's Jack and Mental Floss coming my way. I'm definitely running the C4 and C99 together since they have similar flowering times. How do you think the 4 strains will work in a tree run? I know you like the C4 high, just wondering if it's a big yielder or not. Have you run any of these besides the C4?

J

Jalisco Kid

Those are some nice sats. I ran some J. H. when it won the cup somewhere around 02-03 I picked them up from sensi. I had some cuts of N. Haze and some lulu's lighting at the time so the jack did not make it as a keeper.The c-4 I have is from a member here That I bought some cuts from a few years back. I say this because chimera's description is for a more compact plant. Mine will hit the ceiling and bend for another 4'. I have yet to run any of Sannie's gear I sure would like to burn some of his herb with him. I have some Karma's Jack I am saving for the ranch. And chimera's MF I have only smoked.
The c-4 for me liked a lot of light but she can not handle high temps plus she seems to like maxing out around 1050ppm. cindy is a heavy eater for a sat so if there is 1 rez there is some compromising going on.Remember with tree's you need to add at least 10-14 days more for them to mature. If that is is mosca's cindy I have seen some nice pics of her just veg till 3-3.5' and she could blow up for you. How far will you centers be? That is what you have to work with. The plant has to fit the room. JK

E

easypleasie

That's great info JK! Appreciate the much needed tips. Yes, that's Mosca's C99 bx1 that i'll be running. I didn't know about the longer flower times with the trees.

I'm really looking forward to my first run with good gear. Gonna be interesting to see all the different phenos. My current flower room is around 8x8x8 and it's a bit cramped. 4 big girls and 2k in the middle, side by side in suntubes. I have a 12x10 room that i'm preparing for the tree run. It's gonna be the test room for the new strains. Once the phenos grow out, i'll select the best clones for the tree run. I'm still trying to figure out what's gonna work best for the room and my budget. I'm maxed out on my circuits right now so I need to run a sub panel for more power. Three 15 amp circuits is limiting me a bit. I can't even use my chiller so i'm sticking with just coco dtw for now. It will be some time before I get to pick some winning phenos so I have a little time to figure it out.

I'd love to run a system like yours, reef's or doubleds but with all 600's. I've only seen a couple tree runs with 600's. Heath being one of the most impressive. Mblaze has some impressive girls but I prefer growing vertical. Still deciding on it all. What would you do with a 12x10 room? I'd still like to have a little bit of room to move around if possible.

Top Bottom