Kushie Kush marketed for "med mj" ONLY???

• Thread starter greenplanetguru
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenplanetguru

I shouldn't get myself wound up but... :fighting0087:

Have you all heard that Advanced Nutrients is marketing their new Kush specific bloom additive for the med growers only? Imho, AN has taken it upon themselves to make a distinction, delineate and discriminate between recreational and medical marijuana use... I hardly even know where to begin… What a crock of guano!

Look... we ALL know what's going on here with medical pot. I've smoked grass for about 35 years and there's not a more fervent believer than myself in the multitude of uses for this magnificent plant. I'm more than thrilled that through medical use marijuana has found an in-road to public acceptance and pseudo "legal" status that is enjoyed in 13 states presently despite the lack of any action on a national level. I especially appreciate the freedoms gained by the Compassionate Use Act (Prop 215) on my frequent business trips to La La. But this Advanced Nutrients move is total B.S.

Marijuana is more than capable at helping with a host of illnesses. As Bob Marley once said: "Herb is the healing of ALL nations!" Aside from physical relief provided I think mental depression and stress in our world could be dealt with much better if the public and medical profession embraced this herb. But no, the pharmaceutical industry makes certain that the endless prescriptions for a litany of pills goes on and on and on.

Doing this cute marketing maneuver is like Advanced Nutrients saying that casual users are not entitled to the same quality or strength of marijuana or some special medicinal strength level achieved with this new product... GIVE ME A BREAK! Screw Advanced Nutrients. I know they make a pretty solid product. Is it expensive? Yes... but it does work well. I used the whole 2+ lineup in my previous grow location when I had a partner who worked at a grow shop and we got everything at cost... and I grew with their Iguana + full organic nute calc lineup after that when it started coming out of my own pocket because of results. Power to AN for having the moxy to call a duck a frickin' duck BUT due to Advanced Nutrient's marketing plan as a marijuana specific product, today there's no longer an AN Grow Forum and there's not a local store carrying it anymore. The political stigma was just too much. I easily made the choice to go with one of the many capable competing lines of nutrients out there.. I still have a few Advanced Items... Voodoo Juice and Overdrive and some odds and ends but this will be the last of AN for me if they start discriminating against the casual user/grower. I'm not against special consideration to the medical growers but not if it means denying casual growers products. I know if only a portion of all the casual growers feel as I do it's going to hurt Advanced Nutrients in the pocket.

Right now, just about anybody with an "ailment" in Cali can grab a local entertainment paper, take a look at the ads for doctors who specializes in "medical marijuana" practices, make an appt. and get a med ID card faster than I can arrange for my next sack out here in the real world. Yipee! It's almost impossible to fail at getting a card from what I understand... Does ANYBODY here know someone who wanted a med mj card that has been refused? I sure don't... It seems like if you have the doctor's 'fee' you're in, wink, wink... I COMPLETELY support all Cannabis use but a little voice inside me says there is a good chance that it's only a matter of time until the inevitable swing from the left to the right will happen in the U.S. of A. and BC won't be the target this time. This country is much too polarized for me to logically think otherwise. For crying out loud, GW Bush was elected TWICE! Sure, the genie's out of the bottle and I don't think she'll ever be able to be stuffed back in... completely! But... as soon as a few "scientific findings" about pot being "hazardous to your health" or "cancer causing" etc..., true or not, and the right will push and they're more than likely going to really tighten up requirements and the whole scene out there in a bad way. We hear it from the AMA (American Medical Association) already...

I hope this never happens but with things free wheeling out there you just gotta wonder. I know how easy it was for me to get my med ID card and I have to pinch myself everytime I go into a dispensary. I still look for the tram to hop on out in the streets... cuz I swear I'm in Amsterdam! If AN follows through with this type of marketing they'll soon see where their bread is buttered... If they do stuff like this I won't support them. Oh, snap! I forgot that Advanced Nutrients' entire mission is for advancing medical marijuana... Yeah... Right!

Medical marijuana is great but don't throw the rest of us under the bus because of some legal status that we all faced only a short time ago. You've got your dispensaries and collectives and we still got Bob's cousin Jimmy who's gonna meet me at McDonald's at 7 for a sack. And Johnny Lawdog will probably come rolling through the parking lot for a Big Mac just to make me sweat a bit. Most of us are out here in the real world. I love some aspects of So Cal life and the acceptance of med mj is at the top of the list. I've lived and worked out there off and on for years. But other than med mj... I only miss a few key friends and my In-n-Out Double Doubles!

What do you think of their Kushie Kush marketing?

Peace!:character0103:

F

FastForward

I think Big Mike has lost the plot and is full of shit:

e.g.
Carboload (liquid) : 7.95 per litre
SweetLeaf : 12.95 per litre

7.95 + 12.95 = £20.90

Yet the new Bud Candy, which is meant to be Carboload and Sweetleaf in one bottle is £37.50.

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS - TWO BOTTLES FOR THE PRICE OF THREE AT HALF VOLUME.

Anyone want to argue the point with me? Because that's all you need to know - Big Mike is ripping folks off bigtime. If he's so concerned for Med users he'd be producing nutes at lower cost, not higher or meant for big commercial growers.

I'm trying to replace my AN supplement with alternates. I was using a couple but after seeing the Big Mike challenge video and reading up on the new pricing of Bud Candy, it all is clear. The man is a rip off artist and I'm not going to help fund his bollocks any more.

FF

EDIT: I miss In n Out Double Double's too!! :)

F

florida flowers

I completely agree with both of you. How is AN going to cut off the casual grower by producing a med user only product? That's more than f**ked up if your a casual grower like myself. I have been using AN products for the last year and i've about had it. They have horrable service (if you've ever tried dealing with them directly) and now they're cutting me, the casual grower, out of the equation. Not to mention fastfoward is completely right about their new "Bud Candy". All it is is a combination of Carboload and Sweat Leaf. And to charge that much extra is rediculous. It appears you are right when you said they are just professional scammers. I think its time for me to find a new nutrient line.

Bisquick

Bisquick

if they are smart, this is just a marketing scheme and they will release the same product under a different name

S

still smokin

sounds like they already did the marketing sceem and it worked........for awhile

Bisquick

Bisquick

Advanced Nutrients doing a marketing scheme? :itwasntme

:character0103:

it'd be very smart on their part and is something that is very very common in the business world. Millions of companies have the same product re-badged and targeted at seperate / yet still similar markets (home grower and med home grower). I could totally see them hitting the jackpot and marketing the "med only" badge for a few bucks extra. Hell even at the same price I could see it being successful in different labels.

P

Papa_kush

Lol who the fuck cares if you cant buy KUSHIE KUSH?!?!

who the hell here is dumb enough to buy that shit anyway?? Are you jokin me? Nutes specially made to grow kush????!!! For starters...all kush isn't the same. Pretty soon they'll have "Master Kush A&B" or "OGKushie Kush"...

That's like saying...if you do it in the missionary position you will get a boy...doggy style you'll get a girl...

Haha, sorry to be so graphic guys...But c'mon. i have a really hard time believing anyone here is dumb enough to buy that shit anyway, medical patient or not.

just my $0.02....

S

SkyHi

Omg yay i been waiting for some thing like this....to laugh at that is lol

Bisquick

Bisquick

Lol who the fuck cares if you cant buy KUSHIE KUSH?!?!

who the hell here is dumb enough to buy that shit anyway?? Are you jokin me? Nutes specially made to grow kush????!!! For starters...all kush isn't the same. Pretty soon they'll have "Master Kush A&B" or "OGKushie Kush"...

That's like saying...if you do it in the missionary position you will get a boy...doggy style you'll get a girl...

Haha, sorry to be so graphic guys...But c'mon. i have a really hard time believing anyone here is dumb enough to buy that shit anyway, medical patient or not.

just my $0.02....

you are dead on, but there are MANY MANY people out there that WILL buy it..simply because they don't know better! Hence my whole conspiracy of a marketing scheme :)

R

ReelBusy1

But c'mon. i have a really hard time believing anyone here is dumb enough to buy that shit anyway, medical patient or not.

Amen Brother Papa.
But remember, none of us is as stupid as all of us.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Now thats a Gimmick in its correct form shoot style:)

GTD

M

Medic

been saying this for awhile now. Its all about the fucking marketing its so pathetic. let the nugs or nutes do the talking and thats that

even they way they marketed it,"took plant tissue samples each week". that would mean that these nutrients would only benefit that certain clone only strain that they probably didnt even verify if it was the diesel danky kush.

Bisquick

Bisquick

been saying this for awhile now. Its all about the fucking marketing its so pathetic. let the nugs or nutes do the talking and thats that

even they way they marketed it,"took plant tissue samples each week". that would mean that these nutrients would only benefit that certain clone only strain that they probably didnt even verify if it was the diesel danky kush.

marketing sells, centuries of being proven....look at christianity ;)

K

knowboddy

It's funny how silly this sounds if you first go and investigate the stuff instead of just getting really opinionated about it.

Is Advanced Nutrients discriminating between medical and recreational growers? Nope. Ask someone at AN about that. They might not say it publicly but I was told (by someone who's Big and went to the Expo) that their official policy was that ALL marijuana growers/users were medicinal growers/users. Basically it doesn't matter to them whether you've got a doctor or you're "self-medicating" they see all growers/users equally.

I know a guy who owns a hydro shop. He told me awhile back that several of the suppliers he buys from have straight up told him that if he sells stuff that's explicitly for marijuana that they'll blacklist him and he won't be able to buy their stuff anymore. I don't know which ones but he said he wouldn't be able to stay in business if they did that.

Dispensaries don't have to worry about all that because they've got a legal right to buy and sell things directly linked to MJ. Hydro shops have to walk a fine line. I bet you anything that if a hydro shop called AN and wanted to sell Kushie Kush Advanced Nutrients would say, "Sure thing, how much do you want to order?" It's just that the dispensaries are the only places not worried about trouble if they do that.

As far as the product itself, that makes sense too. We all know that different strains have slightly different needs. Kushes are one of the most popular strains out there - especially with dispensaries. So if you wanted to design a special MJ-specific product that'd be a good strain to focus on. Plus Kushes are a little slow growing so if you really tailor it to them you can conceivably make a big difference.

I'm taking a cautiously optimistic "wait and see" stance on this one. We'll see how good it is when we get our hands on it.

T

tophmaster

yeah this is bull check out this thread some more and new info on there

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Lol, i forget, which product is blackstrap molasses rebottle for like 20 bucks? Lol, fucking jokes of the cannabis world.

K

knowboddy

the molasses thing is just a myth

The 3LB started that thing awhile back and everyone just keeps reposting it over and over. People think it's true because they've seen it so many times. Like how some people believe that cold tap water boils faster than hot tap water, or that shaving hair causes it to grow back thicker and/or darker. It's bunk, but because it happens to be an old wives' tale that gets retold and retold people believe it's true.

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys, it looks like Advanced Nutrients has listed to everyones discontent with the "medi-only" restrictions on Kushie Kush that they have released it out to all growers!

Although these guys dont ship anywhere other than Canada and the US, I luckily got friends up there who are helping to forward some of these nutes to me here in Brazil :) it's gonna be nice to test it on the Cali Connect Tahoe, Ogiesel, SFV BX1 and F3, and hopefully some of Raskal's OG too if I can snag a pack of that! I guess it will be good for the chem crosses I have too! Only the buds will tell if it really makes a difference. I will grow some plants alongside without it for comparison, to see how much difference it makes compared to just big bud / overdrive and maybe even test some koolbloom I got kicking around.

B

bdawgburner

wow, interesting. I'll try it. whats the worst that can happen? I'll lose 45 bucks? If it works it may be way worth the cash.

Top Bottom