Kuwl - Rollin' Along

• Thread starter kuwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Frankster it looks to be revenging.
So that's what you thinking is going on here? Probably a lighting issue of some type? Porch light or something, perhaps? What's the strain of this plant?

Last edited:
kuwl

kuwl

Yea, keep nailing them everyday. Switching up helps too sometimes, I think. So they don't become immune from the method your using. Just pay special attention to those undersides of the leaves.

TBH, I think the garden hose should be your best friend in that setting, blasting those undersides. Especially if the plant is easy to take out of the house, and can be done outside, then simply bring it back into the greenhouse. Separated, from plant, easy peasy, lemon squeezy... You want to get this thing sorted and under control before you get too far along.

Otherwise, it appears to me some possible heat stress going on there, or something along those lines. Looking at that top cola, looks funny to me, like you were in the heat wave or something. (are those fox tails?) Maybe try to do what you can to control the temps inside that greenhouse, from getting over heated.

Yea, I'm getting older also, not quite that yet, but in my mid 50's and life isn't what it used to be anymore. Got to take some precautions.
I seen that and ya bet ur right about the fox tails, I do have a fan on and keep the door open but
could have got overheated
because the temp outside went nuts, 100° for 3 days in a row.

Never thought of hosing em lol

kuwl

kuwl

So that's what you thinking is going on here? Probably a lighting issue of some type? Porch light, perhaps? What's the strain of this plant?
Heat Stress sounds right to me, Unkown strain I found growing in my garden
that I didn't plant so might be a seed from a crop from 2 yrs ago.
It's not Holland's Hope but maybe Afghan Kush

I had to do a double take when I seen that
weird cola
I do have a street light across the street but use a big
piece of
cardboard up to block it at dusk.
I've grow other plants out there with no problems except some seeding issues
Which I figured was from my
inexperience in nuits and over feeding'

Anthem

Anthem

So that's what you thinking is going on here? Probably a lighting issue of some type? Porch light or something, perhaps? What's the strain of this plant?
All it takes is about 1 lumen of light hitting the plant to cause it to reveg. I would take a really hard look at the overall plant and make perfectly sure you do not have any hermies or seeds. I cannot tell from the pictures but some of the bud sites look a little suspect. I mean no alarm but I would rather be safe than sorry because with the plant going back into veg it is going to take some time to get it to go back into flower. I have never really had luck after a plant have reverted back to veg. In my experience it is quicker and easier to start over than try and run the plant back out.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That's what I'm thinking too, heat stress, especially since he confirms it. Plus it would make sense that bugs become an issue, cause of the stress, they were always simply there, now they have an inroad.

Yea, if you blast them girls do it from the bottoms up, its kinda awkward, you simply got to find a way to make it work.

I generally lean the pots, then rotate them. Just don't kill the plant with an overpowered hose.
afterwards, I shake the stems, so the water comes out of the buds, don't want any rot either.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I look at that plant and it really highlights how much heat can really put a stick in the spokes of your wheel. I'm kinda floored by it, actually. I had a very similar incident here few weeks back, but they were much farther along, your caught you at precisely the wrong moment, it seems. Right during critical cola development.

It's unfortunate, but It's certainly something to behold and look at, and learn from the experience. She'll recoup, and produce fine bud no doubt, but she will be a little stunted from the experience.

I don't get a whole lot of heat issues where I live TBH, so it's something I don't see often. Looking back, people I see in the Southwestern US have very similar issues on a constant basis. Overheat is a much bigger issue than I thought. I suppose this is a very strain dependent issue to some degree.

Last edited:
kuwl

kuwl

I'm going out to take a couple more pic's of that cola thing.
Nothing looks right about this plant lol
I think it's might be done, we'll see how it goes.
I don't like the look of the buds or the way they are stacking.
It's week 6 into 12/12

I've grow out there before, the first 4 I grew put out 9.5 ounces
But was in ground not pots and they seemed to not mind the
street light as I didn't notice it at the time.
2nd and 3rd time, in pots, I did get some seed issues but never revege or foxtails
Oh well, this plant never did do well as I thought it should have.

Anthem

Anthem

Nothing looks right about this plant lol
I think it's might be done, we'll see how it goes.
I don't like the look of the buds or the way they are stacking.
It's week 6 into 12/12

I've grow out there before, the first 4 I grew put out 9.5 ounces
But was in ground not pots and they seemed to not mind the
street light as I didn't notice it at the time.
2nd and 3rd time, in pots, I did get some seed issues but never revege or foxtails
Oh well, this plant never did do well as I thought it should have.
I do not believe what you are seeing is from heat stress but light issues. Any chance the city or municipality has changed the street lights from HPS to LED. I know they did in my area and the LED's put out more lumens. But again I am looking at that plant and I see 100 percent reveg. Also how long was it in 100 degree heat because the cola looks like it has been throwing out single bladed leaves for some time.

kuwl

kuwl

I do not believe what you are seeing is from heat stress but light issues. Any chance the city or municipality has changed the street lights from HPS to LED. I know they did in my area and the LED's put out more lumens. But again I am looking at that plant and I see 100 percent reveg. Also how long was it in 100 degree heat because the cola looks like it has been throwing out single bladed leaves for some time.
For some reason it sprouted that cola bout a week ago right after the heat wave and
grew 3 inches same with the 4 main side shoots, that's when I noticed it looked funny.
Before that it seemed stuck at 24" like a dwarf.

The light was broken for years then they fixed it one year but do not think it is LED.
It is behind low tree branches this year. There is much more light in the Fall when leaves are gone.

I will take a look later when sun goes down bout 9pm. Take a pic

3 days in 90-100 degree heat and even with fan on high and door and hatch open wide
Very unusual high temps for end of June weather. There were some 80+ days also.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm going out to take a couple more pic's of that cola thing.
Hey careful with that. You may not be old enough enough to remember the Cola wars. Many of us lost lifelong friends in the battle. My best friend, glass bottles, was the first casualty.

kuwl

kuwl

Took some pic's last night before it started to rain.
Here is the dilemma

This one inside tent facing street light w/ Cardboard up (not total dark yet so some sky is visible near top).
Blocks the SL shine, I also put CB on inside fence to prevent p
eaker's and any other light thru spaces between boards.

IMG 2554

This one is looking at GH from Street Light point of view w/o cardboard blocking it.

IMG 2558

This one is from inside GH looking at Street light from plant view w/o CB

IMG 2557

Last one is how I block SL

IMG 2559
kuwl

kuwl

Wifey says either ditch the outside grow or cover the GH with blackout tarp
which I have from when I made a "grow room" from scratch lol when I started this.
Little did I know the fever I was about to catch lol.

So if I rigged up a system to cover the GH with little effort from me I might
consider it. Which would require me w/o fail to every night bring the tarp down
and in the early morning roll it back off. AAaaarrrrrrgh!!!

Then I have this Pellet gun collection in which I have a Hatsan .25 cal
rifle w/scope 😎

kuwl

kuwl

So, put 4 curtain rods up inside so that all you have to do is draw the curtains when you close up.
mmmm..... I was thinking outside but for the wind, so you got a better idea

The back side is ok and the fence side is blocked by the fence.
3 hooks for the front to get that peak
then a long rod along the side to slide them along and close that up quickly.
Have to set my alarm and live like a farmer for 12 weeks lol

kuwl

kuwl

Thanx for all the input and ideas guys
I get frazzled when things start to go wrong lol

But yeah light is the problem + those hot days did not help none
Maybe my seed problems were caused by that also.
The only fox tail prob I had that MiMed noticed was when
I remembered going into the dark tent with red filter on my flashlight.
He said use green cause red will cause them foxtails. lol dam memory is chit
I also remember being very concerned about that Street light a couple of yrs ago.

Well I got 4 plants on the way and better to get these problems figured out early on.
Next week they will be ready to make the switch.

kuwl

kuwl

Problems problems lol
The leaves don't look right to me so I'm thinking of a good flush
No nuites given yet so might be soil (didn't check PPM yet)
To me they look shinny green and the tips are rolling downward
leaves look to be curling a bit also
My guess is too much N
I am getting ready to put 2 or 3
(15-16" tall) in final 5 gal pots this week
Then when GH ready will
transfer to the great outdoors.

IMG 2562
IMG 2563
kuwl

kuwl

Flushed them good (PPM read 400 PH was 6.4-6.5)
I add some Dyna Gro Pro-Tekt (
Potassium) to the
final flush (2 tsp 1 gal) Split 4 ways
I read it helps with N toxicity.
This should do the trick I hope.

Top Bottom