Kuwl's AutoPot Grow - Deja Vu

• Thread starter kuwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Too many numbers for me and too much figuring. I just added batteries to my meter and I was only getting @65% ...25,000 lux at the top ....a bit too low at 3 weeks in flower so I bumped it up to @70% and 40,000 lux a big jump on a 5% move upwards.....The leaves are far healthier than ever before with such a low lux and I've good bud production for 3 weeks, I'd hate to fk that up but with more feed I can give them more light...... ppm 1085 and I'm now adding cal/mag
Sometimes less is better ! I feed every watering at lower ppm hardly going over 600 and i run 18/6 . I do not crank up my light i have it set at 325 watts and it stays there leaves stay nice and green but start there fade about 8 weeks. When there ready there ready no race to the finish line.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sometimes less is better ! I feed every watering at lower ppm hardly going over 600 and i run 18/6 . I do not crank up my light i have it set at 325 watts and it stays there leaves stay nice and green but start there fade about 8 weeks. When there ready there ready no race to the finish line.
my ppm is comprised of a bunch of additives as well as my base nutes....The regular nutes in flower were 5/5/10 bringing me to 650 ish, then 1/3 tsp Monster bloom 775 ish ppm, 5ml Diamond Nectar 900ish, then 5ml cal/mag/ 1 ml hyclean / gallon = 1085

They got close to that mix 3 days ago and they're beautiful today so they must be loving it they're using a gallon per day

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Auto critical in flower and auto Fat Bastard in veg.
Thumbnail IMG 0566

Thumbnail IMG 0565

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

That's a nice light above..if you want all the space for plants....I'm not filling my 5x5 the front 1/4 is for equipment, fans,humidifier, heater.....where does that stuff go with a full house?.......I'm using an SF600 on the front of 2 SE3000. although the SF600 is recommended for veg it gives me 55,000 lux about 9" from the light where I have it lowered down to and the buds under it are as nice as any of the rest in the field.... it would be a nice side light.
I have the 5 x 5 in a 12 x 12 lung room so I can control the environment pretty easily. The tent has an AC Infinity T6 6" fan on their Controller 67. It keeps the tent environment within a tight parameter to keep plant stress low unless I want to stress them out for a particular purpose. This eliminates the need for a heater in the tent. The only piece of equipment I have on the floor of the tent is my humidifier.

Because I Scrog, I can keep the humidifier going through the net and keep the humidity level in the tent at a pretty constant level while I'm filling the net since veg is where I want high humidity anyways. I bought the ACI T3 Cloudforge 3 humidifier. I can now plug it into the controller and it will monitor and dispense humidity when needed. I won't have to keep checking to make sure humidity is within range. I can set it up outside of the tent with a hose that will blow humidity into the tent so that no equipment will be in the tent other than fans and lights. Having it outside will also help in keeping water level in the reservoir topped off since the reservoir fills from the top.

I have an auto feeder that I DIYed and have now figured out pretty much the best way to automate that although I do like to hand feed. It gives me a chance to inspect them for pests or disease.

I've got most of the setup dialed in to be able to automate it to the point I just need to check on them every few days. Busy time for me is setting up new plants, defoliating and, of course, trimming dry flower. None of those activities takes me more than a couple hours to complete. Other than that it pretty much runs itself.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have the 5 x 5 in a 12 x 12 lung room so I can control the environment pretty easily. The tent has an AC Infinity T6 6" fan on their Controller 67. It keeps the tent environment within a tight parameter to keep plant stress low unless I want to stress them out for a particular purpose. This eliminates the need for a heater in the tent. The only piece of equipment I have on the floor of the tent is my humidifier.

Because I Scrog, I can keep the humidifier going through the net and keep the humidity level in the tent at a pretty constant level while I'm filling the net since veg is where I want high humidity anyways. I bought the ACI T3 Cloudforge 3 humidifier. I can now plug it into the controller and it will monitor and dispense humidity when needed. I won't have to keep checking to make sure humidity is within range. I can set it up outside of the tent with a hose that will blow humidity into the tent so that no equipment will be in the tent other than fans and lights. Having it outside will also help in keeping water level in the reservoir topped off since the reservoir fills from the top.

I have an auto feeder that I DIYed and have now figured out pretty much the best way to automate that although I do like to hand feed. It gives me a chance to inspect them for pests or disease.

I've got most of the setup dialed in to be able to automate it to the point I just need to check on them every few days. Busy time for me is setting up new plants, defoliating and, of course, trimming dry flower. None of those activities takes me more than a couple hours to complete. Other than that it pretty much runs itself.
That sounds like a nice set up that can produce well. I'm making more than I need now and I've been getting bigger harvest than I can go through. With just my wife on evening eatables and my daily smoking growing any more would be a waste of electricity and nutes....Its as much a hobby as anything now.....

I don't do any thing else any more, long winters lock me into a habit to get me through the days...up, eat, smoke,play with my plants, coffee, lunch,smoke, play with my plants, smoke, chess, smoke, chess, diner, smoke, play with plants smoke, chess, smoke, sleep....repeat.......once a week out for groceries......

kuwl

kuwl

Beautiful setup you have there RootsRuler!
Mine is kinda similar I have a 6" exhaust and a 4" intake Spider-Farmer w/temp-hummi controler
so I can set the fan speed and a very low rate from 1-10 settings
same with humidity settings on the controler, though does not have an app, but that would be nice, I like automation.
I also have a humidifier outside the tent and a hose I attached that blows cool steam into the tent with 4 settings and top fill.
My 4x4 Vivosun roof top tent is in a 6x9 oil room which I plan to put in two outlets and seal off the whole room to grow, without the tent.
I do like that cloudforge alot.

kuwl

kuwl

That sounds like a nice set up that can produce well. I'm making more than I need now and I've been getting bigger harvest than I can go through. With just my wife on evening eatables and my daily smoking growing any more would be a waste of electricity and nutes....Its as much a hobby as anything now.....

I don't do any thing else any more, long winters lock me into a habit to get me through the days...up, eat, smoke,play with my plants, coffee, lunch,smoke, play with my plants, smoke, chess, smoke, chess, diner, smoke, play with plants smoke, chess, smoke, sleep....repeat.......once a week out for groceries......
Yes I hear ya I still have pot from 2 harvest ago, I was looking at my stash today.
I found a bag of Ghost Train Haze about 1/2oz and a 1/2lb of various other stuff I am still smoking.
Plus about 3-4oz of stuff for cookies.
I think for next time I will only grow 4 plants at a time in the AP system, probably going to use the 3.9gal pots next time.
I am going to take the summer off to hopefully re-do the cellar room, get the outlets installed etc.
Best laid plans tho lol, almost never happen.

kuwl

kuwl

Win some lose some, I guess that's the way I have to look at things I do.
I was avoiding this post cause I hate being negative and didn't know how to phrase it.

Almost 8 wks and for 7 wks I did pretty good.
Feed chart was excellent and was almost spot on the whole grow, a lil bit high in week 8+ imo.
There is another one called the Hanna feed chart that is good also.
Don't think this one is the same as the other, it's more agressive at the late bloom stage.
Plus the Dyna-Gro chart is specific to brand and it's the brand I use now.
I used this one when I used Botanicare products.
Hannah feed schedule 001

Then there was the MarsHydro light chart.
Which proves they know nothing about growing these plants.

I guess I took my eyes off the prize for a day or two and that's all it takes.
Sour Deisel is a very sensitive plant and does not like intense light.
It was my biggest most productive plant, it was a monster compared to the others.
Lesson learned ha!
It's done and I would have ripped it out but trying to be positive.
SD is now it's a cookie plant 😭 dam thing could not take it and seeded up on me.
Too much stress from the light.

OK now I have to move on.
The Fruity OG and QC Blue are doing just fine
even though they suffered the same 100% 16" of light intensity as the other one.
Same with the orphans.
Thinking back, I believe these 2 were in the same solo cup at one point and were from seeds not clones.
I think they are Wedding Cake and Durban Poison.
Anyway, they are ok also except they don't look as strong probably cause of the nute feed I'm guessing.
Plus one is sitting right by the heater.

(If I continue growing from the tent I have to cut out an area to move the heater away from the plants, sorta like an an addition to your house)

I closey checked with touchy feely (My eyes are pretty much useless) to see if there are any seed problems with the F OG n QC B and found none.
Except they are firm and lushious as can be, go figure.

Well, now that I got that off my chest I will post some pic's this Friday, 8 wks into it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Win some lose some, I guess that's the way I have to look at things I do.
I was avoiding this post cause I hate being negative and didn't know how to phrase it.

Almost 8 wks and for 7 wks I did pretty good.
Feed chart was excellent and was almost spot on the whole grow, a lil bit high in week 8+ imo.
There is another one called the Hanna feed chart that is good also.
Don't think this one is the same as the other, it's more agressive at the late bloom stage.
Plus the Dyna-Gro chart is specific to brand and it's the brand I use now.
I used this one when I used Botanicare products.
View attachment 1978820

Then there was the MarsHydro light chart.
Which proves they know nothing about growing these plants.

I guess I took my eyes off the prize for a day or two and that's all it takes.
Sour Deisel is a very sensitive plant and does not like intense light.
It was my biggest most productive plant, it was a monster compared to the others.
Lesson learned ha!
It's done and I would have ripped it out but trying to be positive.
SD is now it's a cookie plant 😭 dam thing could not take it and seeded up on me.
Too much stress from the light.

OK now I have to move on.
The Fruity OG and QC Blue are doing just fine
even though they suffered the same 100% 16" of light intensity as the other one.
Same with the orphans.
Thinking back, I believe these 2 were in the same solo cup at one point and were from seeds not clones.
I think they are Wedding Cake and Durban Poison.
Anyway, they are ok also except they don't look as strong probably cause of the nute feed I'm guessing.
Plus one is sitting right by the heater.

(If I continue growing from the tent I have to cut out an area to move the heater away from the plants, sorta like an an addition to your house)

I closey checked with touchy feely (My eyes are pretty much useless) to see if there are any seed problems with the F OG n QC B and found none.
Except they are firm and lushious as can be, go figure.

Well, now that I got that off my chest I will post some pic's this Friday, 8 wks into it.
That's a shame man, You really think the light being too close hermied them or stressed them out enough to pop seeds? I hope that's not the case with mine but I'm only at 75% power still.

My Do Si Do is the closest around 11 " but its a bit off the light in the corner a bit. I keep looking at the hairs, if they are standing up and growing they're fine. If they not there or have flattened and there's only hairs on the side they're too close

My Sour D looks great a bit more lime green than the others...At 3 weeks today in flower they are beautiful & they far surpass most of my grows in the past by this point in size and development . I'm liking the new pots.

kuwl

kuwl

That's a shame man, You really think the light being too close hermied them or stressed them out enough to pop seeds? I hope that's not the case with mine but I'm only at 75% power still.

My Do Si Do is the closest around 11 " but its a bit off the light in the corner a bit. I keep looking at the hairs, if they are standing up and growing they're fine. If they not there or have flattened and there's only hairs on the side they're too close

My Sour D looks great a bit more lime green than the others...At 3 weeks today in flower they are beautiful & they far surpass most of my grows in the past by this point in size and development . I'm liking the new pots.
Ya that's why I like them too!
Easy Peasy
But the tech is going crazy for us growers, I've seen stuff just this week that's so cool
I want to jump in but if I wait a couple of yrs who knows what they will have :)

Yes it was the light. All the top cola's were affected, no leaves, they were just fine
as I was concentrating on watching the leaves and missed the browning of the cola's on top.
None of the lower or upper leaves were harmed.
None except the short ones in the cola's and the whole plant went to seed from top to bottom.
It was fine on the April 27th and not on the May 4th, dunno what went on inbetween cause didn't post anything.
But I believe that's when I was messing with the light hieght/power.
I am super thankful and happy that the other plants were not effected, whew!!
I will grow another SD cause it's a Monster of a plant.
Now mine is a Cookie Monster haha.
Next grow I know the feeding routine down pat and now,
I know how the lighting works so it should be a good one.
If I can remember that, lol.

Last edited:
kuwl

kuwl

Like Night and Day
I thought I would check the leaf temp as I forgot about doing it lately.
Whipped out my trusty laser temp gun and seen they were in the 80-81 degrees range.
Someone told me their plants are happiest when leaf temp is 77 degrees.
I turned down the light to 75%, it was at 80% and it's about 22" above.
My canopy is pretty level so not much variance.
I'll check later to see if it's at 77.

I fed them yesterday pretty much according to the chart.
PT = 1 tsp
Bloom = 1 tsp
MP = 1/2 tsp
Zyme = 1 tsp
Res Tank = 680 PPM
Also checked the trays/valves and no problems there, PPM/PH on point.
I will be bringing down the nute feed with each feeding from now on.

While I was down there checking on things I took some pic's.
This one is the SD, notice how normal the lower leaves look.
Then there is the top of the plant.
IMG 4453

IMG 4458

IMG 4460

Now these look so much better :)
1st one is QC Blue (Very sticky and gooey)
IMG 4454

Fruity OG
Another Beauty :))
IMG 4457

This Pic is the other 2 plants WC n DP
They are not as well formed as the other 2.
Not sure why because one is hooked up to the AP n the other is a stand alone.
One got way to much PPM because it's on the AP line but the other was fed a lower dose of about 600 PPM.
Both had the same light of course so I don't know why they look under nourished with not much of a cola.
IMG 4461

Tent shot
IMG 4462

I do see some tri leaves and not sure but might be over feeding that caused it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Like Night and Day
I thought I would check the leaf temp as I forgot about doing it lately.
Whipped out my trusty laser temp gun and seen they were in the 80-81 degrees range.
Someone told me their plants are happiest when leaf temp is 77 degrees.
I turned down the light to 75%, it was at 80% and it's about 22" above.
My canopy is pretty level so not much variance.
I'll check later to see if it's at 77.

I fed them yesterday pretty much according to the chart.
PT = 1 tsp
Bloom = 1 tsp
MP = 1/2 tsp
Zyme = 1 tsp
Res Tank = 680 PPM
Also checked the trays/valves and no problems there, PPM/PH on point.
I will be bringing down the nute feed with each feeding from now on.

While I was down there checking on things I took some pic's.
This one is the SD, notice how normal the lower leaves look.
Then there is the top of the plant.
View attachment 1979040
View attachment 1979041
View attachment 1979042
Now these look so much better :)
1st one is QC Blue (Very sticky and gooey)
View attachment 1979043
Fruity OG
Another Beauty :))
View attachment 1979044
This Pic is the other 2 plants WC n DP
They are not as well formed as the other 2.
Not sure why because one is hooked up to the AP n the other is a stand alone.
One got way to much PPM because it's on the AP line but the other was fed a lower dose of about 600 PPM.
Both had the same light of course so I don't know why they look under nourished with not much of a cola.
View attachment 1979045
Tent shot
View attachment 1979047
I do see some tri leaves and not sure but might be over feeding that caused it.
Hey good day, I went 11 weeks with both the QBlue and fruity OG and they just hardened and got more colorful and I only dropped their food on the last week. I flowered under my 1000w hps though and that may change how they colored up some,,,,,

I've still cooked the leaves in my 5x5 this run it would be a shame to do that on these pretty ones....I have much better color on my leaves and buds with the auto pots though than in my 5x5 without.....I

f this run through flower keeps going well and I get a good finish I may just get another set of them for my 5x5....

kuwl

kuwl

Hey good day, I went 11 weeks with both the QBlue and fruity OG and they just hardened and got more colorful and I only dropped their food on the last week. I flowered under my 1000w hps though and that may change how they colored up some,,,,,

I've still cooked the leaves in my 5x5 this run it would be a shame to do that on these pretty ones....I have much better color on my leaves and buds with the auto pots though than in my 5x5 without.....I

f this run through flower keeps going well and I get a good finish I may just get another set of them for my 5x5....
I brought the smaller set 2.2 gal after the 3.9 gal AP did so well.
I was sold after my first try.
I could put the 2.2's outside the 3.9's and fill a room!
I also am thinking about cutting up my 5x5 tent to use as walls for my 6'x9' cellar room if I ever finish it.
It won't fit in this room cause of the height and the furnace pipes running along the ceiling which
is why I have the roof top tent in there now.

There is so many new items I see daily it's so confusing lol in a good way.
RootsRuler has a dynomite setup, I love the Cloudforge humidifiers I like the T7 but expensive oh well.
https://acinfinity.com/humidifiers/

Then there is this:

Here is the vid on it and also not cheap but very interesting.

Auto Pot is great and price is right but I can dream lol.
What I need now is an Automated lighting system. hahaha

Side note; Leaf Temp = 70 now Tent Temp = 82 Hummi = 40

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I brought the smaller set 2.2 gal after the 3.9 gal AP did so well.
I was sold after my first try.
I could put the 2.2's outside the 3.9's and fill a room!
I also am thinking about cutting up my 5x5 tent to use as walls for my 6'x9' cellar room if I ever finish it.
It won't fit in this room cause of the height and the furnace pipes running along the ceiling which
is why I have the roof top tent in there now.

There is so many new items I see daily it's so confusing lol in a good way.
RootsRuler has a dynomite setup, I love the Cloudforge humidifiers I like the T7 but expensive oh well.
https://acinfinity.com/humidifiers/

Then there is this:

Here is the vid on it and also not cheap but very interesting.

Auto Pot is great and price is right but I can dream lol.
What I need now is an Automated lighting system. hahaha

Side note; Leaf Temp = 70 now Tent Temp = 82 Hummi = 40
Nice but out of my price range.....I think my set up can do 2 more pots without needing a larger reservoir and I could fit 6 easily in my 5x5. That would fit my budget better unless I can find a used system to add on to what I already have.

kuwl

kuwl

Dam, I seen a review by PipeCarver @ QCS hmmmmmmm
You gave such a good review I had to buy some lmao
I was looking into some fresh seeds and didn't see QC Blue last I checked but
today I seen they had some Quebec Blue :), I think they are the same.
I didn't make any clones sooooo brought them yaeee!
Also got Fruity Pebbles and Fat Bastard
These will be future grows as I have Auto Zskittles to try out next.

kuwl

kuwl

Nice but out of my price range.....I think my set up can do 2 more pots without needing a larger reservoir and I could fit 6 easily in my 5x5. That would fit my budget better unless I can find a used system to add on to what I already have.
Yep they are nice but who knows if they are problematic or not.
Plus I am more than happy with what I have.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yep they are nice but who knows if they are problematic or not.
Plus I am more than happy with what I have.
Ya me too, if I get as nice a finish as I hope / expect to I'll be expanding it for sure. They're starting to go through more water now, I have to add another 3 gal tonight or it'll be too low in the am....

Done...3 gal 5/5/10/1/3 tsp Kool bloom / 5 ml cal / mag / 4 ml Diamond Nectar / 1 ml Hyclean / gal
1 more J before lights out...

Last edited:
kuwl

kuwl

Ya me too, if I get as nice a finish as I hope / expect to I'll be expanding it for sure. They're starting to go through more water now, I have to add another 3 gal tonight or it'll be too low in the am....

Done...3 gal 5/5/10/1/3 tsp Kool bloom / 5 ml cal / mag / 4 ml Diamond Nectar / 1 ml Hyclean / gal
Mine are slowing down maybe 1-1 1/2 gal per day.
I add every other day now.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

1 more J before lights out...
The kids have so much fun with the tunnels I bought 2 more,,,

Top Bottom