Kuwl's AutoPot Grow - Deja Vu

• Thread starter kuwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Mine are slowing down maybe 1-1 1/2 gal per day.
I add every other day now.
Ya, 3 gal every 2 days I guess for me...lights out I just heard the click of 1 timer...
..Me and my boy Qnight, he's sleeping on a bed I made up along side my computer here......Gnight.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I brought the smaller set 2.2 gal after the 3.9 gal AP did so well.
I was sold after my first try.
I could put the 2.2's outside the 3.9's and fill a room!
I also am thinking about cutting up my 5x5 tent to use as walls for my 6'x9' cellar room if I ever finish it.
It won't fit in this room cause of the height and the furnace pipes running along the ceiling which
is why I have the roof top tent in there now.

There is so many new items I see daily it's so confusing lol in a good way.
RootsRuler has a dynomite setup, I love the Cloudforge humidifiers I like the T7 but expensive oh well.
https://acinfinity.com/humidifiers/

Then there is this:

Here is the vid on it and also not cheap but very interesting.

Auto Pot is great and price is right but I can dream lol.
What I need now is an Automated lighting system. hahaha

Side note; Leaf Temp = 70 now Tent Temp = 82 Hummi = 40
I've used that system before when it first came out. It was a good system but it took a while to dial in. I also didn't like all the hose connections that you had to have as they were prone to leakage. Had a room flood on me when the control bucket sensor stopped working and emptied 55 gallons of nutrient solution into the flower room.

I used it for a couple years and it only happened once. It was installed in a 40 ft sea container I had done a build out in. Sold the entire unit with irrigation.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've used that system before when it first came out. It was a good system but it took a while to dial in. I also didn't like all the hose connections that you had to have as they were prone to leakage. Had a room flood on me when the control bucket sensor stopped working and emptied 55 gallons of nutrient solution into the flower room.

I used it for a couple years and it only happened once. It was installed in a 40 ft sea container I had done a build out in. Sold the entire unit with irrigation.
I don't have any leaks so far. The connectors seem tight, I'd add a tie wrap to them if I thought them may leak but so far so good. I'm going though double or more of nutes though. They are taking as much in 3 days as they did in a week in promix

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Dam, I seen a review by PipeCarver @ QCS hmmmmmmm
You gave such a good review I had to buy some lmao
I was looking into some fresh seeds and didn't see QC Blue last I checked but
today I seen they had some Quebec Blue :), I think they are the same.
I didn't make any clones sooooo brought them yaeee!
Also got Fruity Pebbles and Fat Bastard
These will be future grows as I have Auto Zskittles to try out next.
Im vegging some fat bastards right now and they dont seem to like to be watered. I water to run off and as of now they go seven days before they dry back. They wilt when watered and after a couple of hours perk back up dont no if they would be happy in autopots just a heads up.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I don't have any leaks so far. The connectors seem tight, I'd add a tie wrap to them if I thought them may leak but so far so good. I'm going though double or more of nutes though. They are taking as much in 3 days as they did in a week in promix
I'm sure they've improved the system from the time I bought it. It was like 20 years ago that I had used it. They didn't provide a reservoir then. It was just the double buckets, control bucket with a coil of 1/2" vinyl tubing and the rubber grommets and plastic connectors. I even had to drill the entry points into the bottom buckets to fit the grommets in. I'm sure nowadays all of that is already done and it's pretty much a plug and play situation. I used hydroton as the medium.

Good yielders once you get it dialed in.

kuwl

kuwl

OK, now I'm stumped
I am checking and closely looking at the plants now that it's wk 8.
Noticed a problem with F OG, the small leaves near the bottom at the tops
are brown, dead and resemble the tops of the SD but not on the top just the bottom ones.
I also seen a couple on QC B also but only a couple.
PPM = 670 Tent Temp = 82 Light = 75% @ 22"
I am wondering if the salts in the smaller 2.2 gal pots are building up faster?
I am puzzled abut this as this is the first time I have encountered this type of problem.
Never seen it on any other grows of mine.
Also I found a couple of mature seeds on F OG :(
IMG 4466

IMG 4467

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
OK, now I'm stumped
are brown, dead and resemble the tops of the SD but not on the top just the bottom ones.
I am puzzled abut this as this is the first time I have encountered this type of problem.
View attachment 1979547
View attachment 1979548
Do you add any cal/mag in your feed? I was getting leaf issues starting weeks 3-4-5 and I noticed their need for cal/mag on that chart starting at that time in flower so I'm now adding it to see if that was the cause of the issues. But fk man this is a crap shoot some times trying to figure out what went wrong. It all seems so easy until a small fk up screws everything.......I smoke it all anyways and growing is just fun or frustration....smoke one...it gets better afterwards

kuwl

kuwl

OK, now I'm stumped
View attachment 1979547
View attachment 1979548
I am going to monitor this day by day and if it spreads I will have to chop em down.

kuwl

kuwl

Do you add any cal/mag in your feed? I was getting leaf issues starting weeks 3-4-5 and I noticed their need for cal/mag on that chart starting at that time in flower so I'm now adding it to see if that was the cause of the issues. But fk man this is a crap shoot some times trying to figure out what went wrong. It all seems so easy until a small fk up screws everything.......I smoke it all anyways and growing is just fun or frustration....smoke one...it gets better afterwards
Yes I go by the chart and added Cal-Mag at every feed so far.
The chart I have only goes to wk 8 so I was planning on adjustments after that.
I've never seen anything like this before, that's why I think it's a salty issue but will look for
pic's if I can find any that look similar to my problem.
Could by something in the feed but I've used this chart and this product for several grows
and seen nothing like this problem.
Specific to the tops of the flowers absolutely no leaf problems except a tiny burn at the tip which is normal.
Well, I got 2 free Fruity OG seeds!!
I'm gonna roll one and take another look, sometimes when I smoke one at night I get clarity and
write it down to check it the next morning lol cause I forget.
Take some more pic's maybe something will pop up in my head.
FeedChart

kuwl

kuwl

Yes I go by the chart and added Cal-Mag at every feed so far.
The chart I have only goes to wk 8 so I was planning on adjustments after that.
I've never seen anything like this before, that's why I think it's a salty issue but will look for
pic's if I can find any that look similar to my problem.
Could by something in the feed but I've used this chart and this product for several grows
and seen nothing like this problem.
Specific to the tops of the flowers absolutely no leaf problems except a tiny burn at the tip which is normal.
Well, I got 2 free Fruity OG seeds!!
I'm gonna roll one and take another look, sometimes when I smoke one at night I get clarity and
write it down to check it the next morning lol cause I forget.
Take some more pic's maybe something will pop up in my head.
View attachment 1979559
Looking at the chart I wonder if it's the Zyme or the Pro-Tect but I'm more inclined to think it's the Zyme.
Might empty the res tank out and do a remix of Nutes.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Looking at the chart I wonder if it's the Zyme or the Pro-Tect but I'm more inclined to think it's the Zyme.
Maybe try just bloom nutes and no boosters and epsom salts

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I don't know your nutes, I've never used anything but GH...,,,Does everything of yours come from one company?

My Gh trio has Micro, Grow, Bloom..I use in equal parts until I flip then I up the Bloom to double. 5/5/5 - 5/5/10 After week 3 I start with the Kool Bloom 1/4tsp/ gal..........

A few years ago I read about Flurolicious Plus as an additive to help break down the nutes into the ions the roots absorb and since using it I'm hooked I do get healthier plants......so it gets added at 1 ml every gallon of feed..... I can't use that in the res so I switched to Diamond Nectar at 4ml per gal for the pots,,,,,,..

Since the graph recommends Cal/mag 5ml/gal and because of the possibility of salt build up I'm adding what CactusJack recommended Hyclean at 1ml / gal

So now instead of a simple brown green pink I've more ingredients to add to my formula it goes 5/5/10/1/3tspKb/ 4DN/5CM /1Hy / gal giving me a ppm of 1175 and a ph of 6.00........I'll add some Ph up the next feed to bring it back to around 6.3

kuwl

kuwl

I don't know your nutes, I've never used anything but GH...,,,Does everything of yours come from one company?

My Gh trio has Micro, Grow, Bloom..I use in equal parts until I flip then I up the Bloom to double. 5/5/5 - 5/5/10 After week 3 I start with the Kool Bloom 1/4tsp/ gal..........

A few years ago I read about Flurolicious Plus as an additive to help break down the nutes into the ions the roots absorb and since using it I'm hooked I do get healthier plants......so it gets added at 1 ml every gallon of feed..... I can't use that in the res so I switched to Diamond Nectar at 4ml per gal for the pots,,,,,,..

Since the graph recommends Cal/mag 5ml/gal and because of the possibility of salt build up I'm adding what CactusJack recommended Hyclean at 1ml / gal

So now instead of a simple brown green pink I've more ingredients to add to my formula it goes 5/5/10/1/3tspKb/ 4DN/5CM /1Hy / gal giving me a ppm of 1175 and a ph of 6.00........I'll add some Ph up the next feed to bring it back to around 6.3
Yes, all the same co. Dyna-Gro products is what I used the last 3 grows.
Except Drip Clean .4ml per gal. and H202 @ 1 tsp per gal.
Might switch to GH since I am low on everything for the next grow.

Cleaned out the whole system.
Washed and peroxided.
Had too lol
When emptying the tank there was gunk in the bottom and filter was partially plugged.
Took the trays out and washed them and the valves (carefull not to lose those blue plugs)
When I looked at the trays the last few days they seemed low but not empty.
Not where they should have been though.
Checked F OG again for any seeds and could not find any.
When the dryness starts at the bottom that always tells me it's not feeding right.
Usually the leaves tell the tale but this time it was the bud leaves.
Put a new mix in and halved the dose of Zyme, just incase, plus switched back to HyClean.
PPM is a lil high @ 1000 but should be ok.
Ran out of Bloom so useing KB again.
I believe the problem was the dirty tank and filter......my best guess.
The gunk was at the very bottom but not a whole lot
just a thick film but what caught my attention was the partially plugged filter.

Top Bottom