L.Bs ongoing growing

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

My little stardawg is getting really purple and it's defo not caused by cold.
Phosphorus Def? It's affecting the whole plant. Near enough every leaf has purple tips and edges
I am thinking it is being caused by the blurple LEDs. You can see in the picture here, a clear line where a leaf is half purple and half green, the part of the leaf still green was covered by another leaf so the light hasn't been hitting it there, the purple half is exposed to the light.
IMG 20191227 172311

If that isn't proof the light is causing this deficiency I don't know what is.
The big question is how do I resolve this problem?

IMG 20191227 171512

IMG 20191227 171635

IMG 20191227 171232

IMG 20191227 172247
London bud

London bud

Im keeping her under a CFL in a lamp for a moment while I figure this out because she's slowly getting worse under the blurple. I'm using a 300w mars hydro.
Why is this light causing a deficiency and to resolve this problem is it as simple as upping the phosphorus in feeds?
@MarsHydroLED
IMG 20191227 184834

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What kinda soil is it planted in? It looks quite coarse. Most problems start around the rootzone.
Could be spectrum related too, but personally I'd like to rule out rootzone conditions first.

London bud

London bud

What kinda soil is it planted in? It looks quite coarse. Most problems start around the rootzone.
Could be spectrum related too, but personally I'd like to rule out rootzone conditions first.
It's a peat based soil, verve. it's not ideal for me but have heard it works and I had to repot, I hoped it would work until
It's 50%peat, it is quite rough but I had to pot the cutting in something, because it's winter the shops round here haven't got anything, I literally couldn't even buy a bag of perlite without travelling ten miles for it, local shops here in London are shit for gardening. I figured this will do for now and I can put her in a final pot with a better blend.
However the soil has a pH of 6.4, I water 6.5.
Could it just be that she's hungry?

London bud

London bud

Still no improvement, it's a slow decline.
All growth from top to bottom is being effected and touched by the purple/black.
There are a few black spots on the worse leaves. I've got leaves going thick, dry and leathery. And dying.
New leaves do come through green but are quickly touched by the purps.
This plant is covered in one finger leaves and has been slow to reveg, could this all be reveg madness? Still loads of new branches forming.
A deficiency or phosphorus lock out? If so can someone help me understand the cause?
IMG 20200103 132720
IMG 20200103 132647

IMG 20200103 151548

IMG 20200103 133207

IMG 20200103 133256

chemistry

chemistry

Have you checked your timers to make sure they're bang on, I had an issue some thing like this, nearly fuckin broke me, even changed my nuits. Then one day I was walking past my veg tent, and the light was out, it shouldn't have been, so when I checked the segment timer it had a rattle, and some of the timer teeth had snapped off, so my timer was switching off in the middle of the cycle. Other than that, bin it, save your self some grief, and get those seeds sorted. Goes with out saying, I'm all digital now. lol

Last edited:
London bud

London bud

Looks too wet, maybe causing root issues?
It is shit soil lol but it's pH is spot on for my liking. Not much soil in the garden centres at this time of year here in London, without ordering online it's near on impossible to get decent soil and perlite seems non existent. I hoped this soil would suffice until I could repot.
I just watered not long before pic so that's why it's so wet.
When I water I do water till I get run off but I do leave it to go thoroughly dry for days aswel before I water.
I would like to know what soil other English growers are using? And what shops?
Ive only found one soil where I would say my weed thrives. I use it again n again because if it ain't broke don't fix it, if I use other soils I seem to always have problems, a lot on here will knock my choice here but I have found miracle gro root boosting compost mixed with perlite to be the best most reliable medium I have used. Never fails or causes any issue. Cannot get hold of it in winter it seems.

London bud

London bud

Have you checked your timers to make sure they're bang on, I had an issue some thing like this, nearly fuckin broke me, even changed my nuits. Then one day I was walking past my veg tent, and the light was out, it shouldn't have been, so when I checked the segment timer it had a rattle, and some of the timer teeth had snapped off, so my timer was switching off in the middle of the cycle. Other than that, bin it, save your self some grief, and get those seeds sorted. Goes with out saying, I'm all digital now. lol

I have the old school toothed timer you speak of, no problem with it though. Yet 😉
Out of curiosity was there any reason you asked if I had used this soil for flower?

London bud

London bud

I have flushed with 6.5 no improvement so last water I gave a strong nite mix because I thought could she simply be hungry?
No improvement though.
Like I say she's on a slow decline, still growing but it's slooooow

chemistry

chemistry

If your going to feed her, then feed her no more than 300ppm total, or she'll burn with out proper leaves. Is there no BnQ stores near you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom