L.e.d Lights And Hydro

• Thread starter potsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
potsmoke

potsmoke

what's the low down on LED light's is this a good choice ? for growing cannabis or are these lights only good for flowers ?

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

yep i use led for veg and a led hps combo for flower .

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Anyone ever try led light strips? The ones that can change to any color you pick on the remote. If you could just set it on that pink color that led grow lights are would it work the same if you had enough lights?

ken dog

ken dog

Anyone ever try led light strips? The ones that can change to any color you pick on the remote. If you could just set it on that pink color that led grow lights are would it work the same if you had enough lights?
If you use cheap and weak LED lights for veg, all you will do is pre flower your plants in veg.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I was mainly asking because I was thinking about putting a strip on the ground around the pots for some extra light on the popcorn. I have an extra waterproof rgbw that I am not using. What would be best, red with white on, red with white off or a different color, for flowering.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

It makes good dabs. Is there a benefit to the main colas from removing the undergrowth??

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It makes good dabs. Is there a benefit to the main colas from removing the undergrowth??

Yes. Instead of expending energy on essentially useless larf, you make up for whatever minimal weight that stuff was in weight in your main colas. They're called sucker buds for a reason.

Your light strip idea wouldn't help as much as you would hope, setting the strip to pink doesn't mean squat. The light has to be in specific wave lengths, that's why you read about various mixed temp fixuers, DIY and otherwise, as light spectrum is measured in Kelvins. These LED's (Light Emitting Diodes) are designed to emit a very specific temperature of light at a highly concentrated level. A 3w LED is an incredibly power little thing. Those light strip ones, may pull half a watt each and they're designed to work on a 12v DC system most of the time. Now I may not know a lot about LEDs but figured that was a little bit of needed explanation.

To the OP: As for LED usage, there's a search bar up top. Tons of threads about LED. DIYers, purchasable prefabbed units, tons of info. Just a search away :)

potsmoke

potsmoke

Thanks you guys you have been very helpful im learning alot here on this board.

Top Bottom