L.E.D. setup?

• Thread starter james420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

james420

I've read more then a dozen threads but haven't found the answer to my question. I have a mini grow under way and I'm flowering with a 500w LED, but am not sure how close i should have the light to my plants? Could someone that has a grow or 2 with LED's could give me a little advice?

F

flipsticle

When I first got my 520W LED, my friend gave me two sick plants, so I could mess around with them until the rest of my grow room is finished.

First thing I did was turn the light on full blast a foot above the plants. This was too much and progress was slow.

I raised the light up another foot, and turned half the LEDS off. The plants flourished. I left the light on 24/7 cause I was lazy and didn't care about these plants very much.

So based on this I decided for vegging, you want to back way off the lights full intensity. For flowering I haven't experimented much yet.

L

LISA1983

I am not sure what type of LED lights are you using?In common the best distance between plants and light is about 300mm.At least our lights goes like that.

T

testez

Rule of thumb with the magnum 357 is 12" from the canopy from late veg growth onwards.

Before late veg growth higher is better. 18 inches,. 2 feet away even. depends really, look for signs described above.

Top Bottom