LA confidential. Grow diary. 400w HPS

• Thread starter BigBanana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tatace

Tatace

It seems like your plants are not getting enough oxygen to the roots for some reason, what air pump are you using? consider that every liter of solution should receive at least one liter of air for every four liters of nutrients. if your air pump is okay it might be your solution too hot (but I really think it's not 30C so let's discard), possible root rot spins sterile or with beneficial bacteria?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

It seems like your plants are not getting enough oxygen to the roots for some reason, what air pump are you using? consider that every liter of solution should receive at least one liter of air for every four liters of nutrients. if your air pump is okay it might be your solution too hot (but I really think it's not 30C so let's discard), possible root rot spins sterile or with beneficial bacteria?
Id say he has sufficient air in his roots. He is not showing multiple deficiencies so idk why you think there are root issues?
I would say this is either a ph imbalance, or environmental conditions.
Op is under the impression this growth is normal. He didnt give any specific information that could help us fix this. Seems he doesnt want help or realize there is an issue.
I would say they are having a problem transpiring due to op spraying them. If anything I would lower RH in the room and never spray them. I would only have someone spray plants if there were issues with uptake, or if they had no roots(Clones).

B

BigBanana

Day 3.

Notice that they hold so much water that they form dew in between them leaves…

I’m sorry for the bad pictures, my bud camera rig is out of order, the ring flash broke down on me…

B

BigBanana

Yes you are right!

I was under the impression that they look impeccable, and I like all input I can get, I usually drench them each and every day, emptying a large spraycanister every day, maybe I should hold back on the spraying, that would also mean less stress for me I have gotten it stuck in my head that they like ”summer rains” as frequently as possible at least when in veg…

And I also switched to 12/12 the same day I started this thread, I have been having LOTS of trouble lately and I run a couple of different systems, I started this thread to get input and also because I know I tend to take lots better care of the grow when I have a audience :)

And also I have grown as good with a airstone as without one, I have the return outlet running quite high above the water level so it bubbles quite a lot ( I run the water pump 15 mins - four times a day )

Nutrients are ” green house powder feeding ” and yesterday the ac was at 1400. I get perfect ph value just from tap water and the nutes, so because I’m lazy and like to kiss, this is the way to go for me :)

The plants are actually brought up in soil and the first days in jiffys, so I had to rinse of the dirt under running water before I could put them in and I havent done it before, It was a last minute solution because all the plants died suddenly… Crossing my fingers until it hurts on this one, but Im dashing it off with peroxide like crazy so that nothing bad will spawn, hopefully… The jiffys I got were horrible, I let them go in the microwave for 15 minutes then remoist them and let them run for 15 minutes more, still I got tricoderma and also cobweb in between my hydroton which is a first for me, soo agressive and nasty, but somehow these two came through, maybe the thourough rinse was enough, well see!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Looking good so far! Can you elaborate on the ebb and flow setup? (I’m interested lol)

B

BigBanana

Looking good so far! Can you elaborate on the ebb and flow setup? (I’m interested lol)

The story goes.

I was putting way to much money on smokeable flowers and hashish than I could bare with, and I was kinda green fingered from what I have seen in the past with ordinary plants, so I gave it a shot, and Im the kind of guy who doesnt start at beginner scale, instead I went in head first into hydro with no experience what so ever…

I was hanging out at a forum back then reading reading and reading about growing, this was around 2005. The forum is long gone and so are all my pictures and threads. I actually managed to get the thread about how I went about when building this cabinet posted as a sticky with over 60.000 views, but rip to that forum and all that was posted because scammers took over, they even managed to get hacked and all users with emails was lost to some fuckoff and that was the end of a beautiful era, basically our only hangout and forum about cannabis, I come from a really really small country where smoking cannabis is pretty much as worse as shooting heroine because the govt has been really really good at spreading misinformation and lies and we have a population that craves to be politically and morally right, to the point its bascially not even worth being a human anymore and suicide rates are among the highest in the entire world.

The strain I choose was a sativa haze that took 16 weeks to flower, as a first time grower I had no idea that this was long time for a plant to mature and went away as if nothing, and I had nothing else to compare with so 16 weeks went by fast and delightful…

The crop was insane, this was when I immediately cought everyones attention, the buds were covering the entire plant, from right at the bottom to the top, like 1 meters long buds that stood like towers, they never stopped to grow either, I went ahead and shopped them at 16 weeks and I managed to output at least 1g per W…

Threw in some other varieties right after and they went crazy too, got so many comments about people not beleiving their eyes and my ego was inflated to enormous hights, the high I was on was incredible, I even started a grow with the purpose of not even checking the PH value just for fun and the results vere actually ok, still changed the tub once a week so if the PH isnt fluctuationg to bad it can be done.

Some years down the line is where I started running into problems, and my ego has been deflated to the point of fucking sadness because some times I couldnt get anything to sprout for several several months, and this one grow here is the first that is showing vital signs and Im starting to believe that Im going to get a actual crop this time around, painful times theese last years.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Judging from the picture it looks like your lights are too close. Not sure if it's genetics but your leaves are pointing down and the sawtooth edges are showing signs of light stress.

Last edited:
B

BigBanana

This is just a grow diary, maybe Im in the wrong part of the forum but I dont want nor need help, Im very experienced and I started this closet grow back in 2006-07.

B

BigBanana

Im sorry for my harshness, but trust me, if I manage to pull this grow off youll see why I have my lights so close to the canopy.

Top Bottom