LA Marijuana Dispensary Ban Approved By Council, Expected To Go Into Effect In 30 Days

• Thread starter OctoberDee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

The price will go back up if anything. If the price drops further then it makes ZERO sense to cultivate indoors, to buy genetics, nutes, soil, pots, co2, pest control, etc.... People don't understand what the overhead can be like for indoor growers. I myself live in a city that is VERY expensive AND we pay the highest utility rates in CA....If the price goes down expect to start seeing a bunch of commercial outdoor with pm, bot and pest infested flowers.

Why am I doing this again??? Haha fuck!
you guys could always just shipped it to me.......4 a zip these parts................jk....logic

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Dee thanks for posting an important current update like this, best wishes to the patients there..DD

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

762 dispensaries seems like overkill. Know wonder there getting shut down. Dont you honestly think that is way to many dispensaries? What they should do is limit it to under 100 which still seems like alot but then they could regulate the dispensaries better and all the anti-medical people wouldnt have to see almost 1000 dispensaries everywhere they look in there city. Where I live they only sell 2 alcohol licenses imagine if it was unregulated and we had 1000 bars around, Id be upset to seeing i dont drink. I cant stand drunks so i know how people feel about us potheads....

Honestly its not that many when you consider that LA county is the most populous in the nation at just shy of 10 million people so it might have LESS dispensaries per capita LOL.Ive heard rumors of dispensaries popping up for 2-3 weeks and then disappearing only to pop up again 2-3 blocks away for a couple weeks,this is problematic and honestly i DO NOT beleive most of the dispensaries have the patients best interest at heart but rather profit.People motivated by money are just gonna do whatever they want until government gets off its ass,recognizes the industry and sets some standards/guidelines for each STATE,not every podunk mayor or city council making up their own,Fuckin politicians better pull their heads out of the sand because its the wild wild west out there until you give the people a workable program.

soserthc1

soserthc1

it need some time of regulation and a control board or something to that effect where the good honest dispensary's can operate and help the people in need and as far as the size of la. county - really 762 is excessive - and where does it stop - i would be curious as to how many bars are located in the same area as the disp and would bet that number is not close to 762.......peace soser JMHO.... coming from someone who has never seen a dispensary let alone 762 of them - i would love the chance to just shop in one....

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Honestly, when dispensaries first started gaining traction in LA I was enchanted. There was this place that everyone called "subway" but it was called the West Hollywood Compassionate Caregivers Club, not even close to where I live. Damn they had really nice dank. The top shelf was $450 an ounce but it was worth it and I had to drive about an hour just to get there. I was devoted until other places started to pop up and they're weed and business practices started going south. Soon after they were raided by the feds and the owner hauled off to prison. Apparently he was a "drug lord" reaping profits. The moral there I guess is sometimes it's better when there are only a couple of good sources rather than a bunch of questionable sources. I stopped going to dispensaries all together. They all seem too shady now and who the hell am I giving all my info to? Russian Mafiosos, Armenian Gangsters, the Mexican Mafias foot soldiers I don't really know and neither does anyone who goes to a shop they've never been to that suddenly sprung up from wood and plaster. I'm not the sharpest tool but regulation would be the best thing all around. A place that has there supply constantly tested and their building inspected, weed on check and not lacking respect, there for a reason not just cause it's in season, where you can score dope amd not be under a scope, clones with no mildew of strains only the real do. Come on LA get it together.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Drug lords buying politicians. Just like in Mexico.
We should start spreading that rumor until they start to investigate the politicians finances under a microscope,even if their not taking cartel cash and favors you know their taking it from drug companies,contractors,big tobacco and the list goes on,get elected and get rich,LOL.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

It dawned on me the other day that the Pre-ICO collectives may have very well payed off the city council. Think about it. If all the clubs except them get closed down...they will be BACK in business. My local club, which is pre-ico, has been HURTING here lately. This may wind up being a really good thing....who knows?

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

We should start spreading that rumor until they start to investigate the politicians finances under a microscope,even if their not taking cartel cash and favors you know their taking it from drug companies,contractors,big tobacco and the list goes on,get elected and get rich,LOL.

I agree with the big tobacco and alcohol companies having the most political cash pull influence on politicians who have always been the biggest mouth to try and shut down collectives and dispensaries.
BIG TIME TRUE ON THIS STATEMENT FISHWHISTLE!

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

I'm waiting for the attorneys to have the dispensaries collect the 30,000 signatures to file the injunction on this ruling of the ban giving the collectives and dispensaries more time until the California Supreme Court has their final say. Which their not going to rule in favor of closing them but hopefully have some sort of clarity on and not have vague rules on what flys and what doesn't. Because LA can't make up their mind they have to have somebody else do it for them. I've seen their telecast of their hall meetings and they all have their own take on it. Totally outrageous. 3 individuals maximum in order to make a collective group for trading and cultivating? Where does it say that in the rules? They would rather give thanks and recognition to people who have died within their district rather than to actually getting shit done. You guys need to wake up and do your fucking job.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

well there are alot of people in LA that smoke weed.

Hella hard thing to get handled for the cops.

Be interesting to see what happens.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Thank you Dan for sending a good link to everyone! Hang in there!

SmokeS

SmokeS

I've already switched over to a delivery service but I'm enjoying the privillage of having co-op membership as long as I can. I like the dispensaries I go to they are professional and compassionate. I'll admit that there is some shady business out there in the medical mj industry. The same can be said for a lot of other industries that don't have a social stigma and go unnoticed. The dispensaries I know are clean, safe, smart and remain non profit. If shit hits the fan and we lose this battle against the feds it will be a damn shame, but we will not be defeated.

K

kolah

the state reps are bending over and taking it up the ass by the feds.

Top Bottom