• Thread starter monkeybone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
monkeybone

monkeybone

Bonez
Supporter
Hey Gals n Guys,
I have been using a Labworkx Skillet Vapor Curve going on my second week and this thing is rocking so well I wanted to take time to thank Labworkx with this review.

A thing of beauty :) especially after you experience what she can do with concentrates.
191.JPG

The first thing you will notice besides the inverted bowl forming a bell to catch the vapor, is the nice cutout in the side of the bell. This gives you much better access to the bowl and allows you to stir the hit around the skillet. I purchased a 18" circ circ so my distance to the skillet isn't too far, but I can imagine you guys with the big water pipes will really appreciate the navigation port :)

14mm Slide - (18mm adapter available from Aqua Tech)
428.JPG

14mm was chosen specifically to maintain a constant vapor flow over 18mm.

The Titanium Skillet is professionally manufactured commercially pure Grade 2 Ti. If their Ti was any more pure they would have to register it with the federal government. :)
163.JPG

Here is a nice rear profile of the skillet. It heats super fast and and you want to wait for the red glow to go away so you don't burn the concentrate. I was happy to see that the skillet has a nice recessed bowl to hold your oil.
1310.JPG

The wire wrapping is phenomenal! The Titanium skillet is held on there solid and the swing works like a machined hinge. I don't know how they got it so tight and perfect without breaking the glass. See 4 yourselves :)
1210.JPG

You see the bends? The angles are precise and for a reason, in the over all ergonomics getting the skillet aligned under the bell.

Here is another angle
1410.JPG

Here is a good shot of the skillet alignment under the bell
339.JPG

Here is a overall shot to see the nice S curve at the tip of the swing and a ultra fine sharpie for scale.
516.JPG

Testing, Testing, come in houston this is SSG Bonez in spaceee
155.JPG

Labworkx suggest using only butane (much cleaner), not propane or map gas. These welding torches might heat the Ti quicker but they pollute the metal surface and the surrounding environment; kind of defeating the purpose.

The Skillet should not be hit while glowing red, as mentioned in their instructional video. It greatly effects the flavor and can be very harsh to the lungs.

The actual smoking and inhalation method takes a few hits to get the feel of the curve and getting a solid vapor trail. You chase the vapor dragon that explodes from the tip of your magic honey oil glass wand and swirls inside the large bell up the 14mm curve on its journey to expand your lungs until you've reached maximum capacity :)

First use: On first use, you need to seal the pores of the metal or sacrifice a hit to the dark vape lords of the underverse, In cooking to season a frying pan you would use oil, so in the same tradition, heat it to red hot and let it cool so its not glowing red and apply some honey oil with your glass rod and stir it around the skillet to try to cover the who surface. Let it cool and its ready.

I'd say after hit five I was comfortable how much concentrate to use on my glass wand, I knew exactly how intense it was and what I needed for medical maintenance. You will know if your water pipe is full of vapor and more vapor is pouring out of the bell and you can't take anymore, then you put way to much concentrate on the wand/in the bowl. Or is that so obvious I feel a little dumb explaining it :)

Clean up: There isn't much residue build up on mine so far, but when I took it too the sink for cleaning, I found it a breeze to get it back to new condition. Q-tips with everclear and salt work like a charm on the glass, and I leave the skillet alone except for brushing away any residue from the last vape.

Strength of Vape hits: This is the whole reason to invest in a waste-less (if used properly) instant vapor device.

How good are the hits?

My answer is the TI vapor skillet is the most intense you don't want it any stronger feeling you can get from a single dose of cannabis concentrate.

However

If you put your concentrate on the skillet too fast you can burn it and it is one harsh hit,.. just like they warn you, lol :)

You can get a couple hits out of one heating of the skillet, but I suggest clearing the device and reheating it and letting it cool to the right temp so its a perfect "TOTAL VAPE' of your concentrate, not a super slow lingering hits like most vapes.

You can become a vape jedi, a field that can never be mastered. You will need to try over and over and over, and wtf, over again :)

SOURCES:
Purchase it here: http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com

Look under Concentrate Utensils - Skillet Vapor Curve

Labworkx skillet vapor curve review 2

http://labworx-skillet.com
Instructional Video: Titanium Skillet Instructions
http://labworx-skillet.com/lws/?page_id=179

Video of one being made
http://labworx-skillet.com/lws/?page_id=78

Major props to hashmasta-kut for the original design that inspired this vape evolution.
Zwnkn9

S

stoopid monkey

stoopid monkey

can't get my monkey balls loaded,
2310.JPG

call the factory bonez, they put the hole in the wrong side
Ag 1

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
wow what an advertisement this thread is, you must work for them ? :)

someday maybe you'll get a real oil bell, never mind a unit to use that one in.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i dont recall the message, i try to respond to all.

E

edux10

yeah it is a sick piece. it was done by david makalaster is all i was saying. hes a newer glassblower that is comming up way fast.

Ti or die!!! ~*;*~

P

phillygrower

nice review bud...nothing like getting your first curve. It definitely changes the entire concentrate game. Welcome to the party.

someday maybe you'll get a real oil bell, never mind a unit to use that one in.

Kut, why would you say something like this? I do understand that you think ur curves are the best, but that does not mean these are no good.
Also, while that tube is deff not ideal for oil, why not just let him know why little units are so much better...

For what it is worth thou, kuts curves are available there sometimes, and i highly recommend getting one if possible.

E

edux10

i think the OG oil heads around the internet hate when it is called a skillet. HMK called it a curve or Ti or bell or whatever and that is what most people that learned from him call it.

Must be crazy to come up with an idea then have some big company come by and commercialize of you and your product. Then again, for the longest time is was very hard to get a HMK bub and curve. Many people still dont have one. And with no sign of GGirl bub or HMK bubs being commercially available many take off are popping up. supply and demand. if you dont supply it someone will.

monkeybone

monkeybone

Bonez
Supporter
Labworkx Quartz Vapor Curve

nice review bud...nothing like getting your first curve. It definitely changes the entire concentrate game. Welcome to the party.

I appreciate the kind words :) I am definitely learning on the glass side. As a med patient I do feel content having something that works, and you are right on the sharing info philly :) I don't know the diff on how a straight vapes versus a small bubbler as they are hard to find for sale, but I can say the labworks TI and quartz model does its job well vaping the concentrate :)

Here are a few pics of my new Labworks Quartz

Quartz Skillet Vapor Curve 065

Bell

Some badass optical quartz :)
Quartz Bowl

Quartz Skillet Vapor Curve 020

Quartz Skillet Vapor Curve 021

Quartz Skillet Vapor Curve 024

Quartz Skillet Vapor Curve 059

Quartz Skillet Vapor Curve 071

Quartz Skillet Vapor Curve 082

smurf berry bho mmmm :)
Alien blood bho

I freaking love this thing :) Between it and the TI vapor skillet I am plenty vaped :party0044:

TI versus Quartz ,... who won? The Quartz

overall smoother taste then TI, heats faster and a little more even then the TI skillet as you need to practice heating it to get a good vape without overheating or burning the oil or underheating it and watching it smolder.

The quartz is a must have for medical users who want the best for their lungs. The commercial grade TI comes in a very close second though. I love em both.

Another great job Labworkx!

B

BongToker

nice man, im digging that new one you got... your pieces are looking really clean my friend and that oil collection looks nice, easy tokin bredah:rasta:

Top Bottom