Lack Of Humidity In Room

• Thread starter sweetolmaryjane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetolmaryjane

I have added a humidifier. 4 pots of water around my room. Also have 2 25 gallon water reservoir in the room. I am currently on veg. I cannot get the humidity above 22%. Wondering if any of you growers have tips on increasing humidity. Without adding another humidifier. I mean i will if i have to, but I'm hoping for a couple things to try before getting my wallet out again.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Depends on your setup. You may need to condition the incoming air so you can reach optimal RH.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If you have an exhaust fan running constantly you will probably have to do what JWM2 said. Hard to keep humidity in if you keep sucking it out. Only way to solve that is suck humidity in.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have flow through ventilation so I humidify the whole house to 45-50%.

I also have to dehumidify my basement but thats a whole other issue.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I have somewhat of the same conditions, tent gets down to 30% humidity during lights on, but goes back up when lights are off to about 45%. I use to have concerns that I could not get humidity up to around 60%, but have found if you keep roots happy, and reservoir conditions stay at good levels, plants can take in extra h2o to compensate for humidity. You have to keep an eye on water levels, but will be ok.

Not to say that getting a humidifier would not be the best option. Plants will be less stressed that way, and able to handle another issue easier, but close reservoir monitoring should get you through the grow.

S

sweetolmaryjane

Depends on your setup. You may need to condition the incoming air so you can reach optimal RH.
If you have an exhaust fan running constantly you will probably have to do what JWM2 said. Hard to keep humidity in if you keep sucking it out. Only way to solve that is suck humidity in.
I dont exhaust. Only intake from outside

S

sweetolmaryjane

I have somewhat of the same conditions, tent gets down to 30% humidity during lights on, but goes back up when lights are off to about 45%. I use to have concerns that I could not get humidity up to around 60%, but have found if you keep roots happy, and reservoir conditions stay at good levels, plants can take in extra h2o to compensate for humidity. You have to keep an eye on water levels, but will be ok.

Not to say that getting a humidifier would not be the best option. Plants will be less stressed that way, and able to handle another issue easier, but close reservoir monitoring should get you through the grow.
Thank you. I should note, the ladies all look fine, it isn't actually causing issues, but without the humidifier my humidity is an alarming 15%.. i clean my reservoir after every watering, water temp 22 to 23 degrees C. Ph i try to keep between 6.5 and 6.8 (soil grow) but that's another issue i posted about, my inaccurate ph meters that both give different numbers.

Top Bottom