Lack Of Space For Flowering Causing Deficiency Appearance?

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

Hi so I've been cramming 8 plants into a closet scrog it worked great for my very 1st grow and is going good for my 2nd I've noticed that on numerous spots ONLY where the girls seem to be hurting for space (around edges only spots I let them get out of hand not to block light) as you can see they are completely fine except for these tight spaces... Any thoughts? Does the 2nd pic not appear as calcium deficiency to anyone else?
Lack of space for flowering causing deficiency appearance
Lack of space for flowering causing deficiency appearance 2
Lack of space for flowering causing deficiency appearance 3
Lack of space for flowering causing deficiency appearance 4

Azumi207

Azumi207

I'd honestly defoliate everything as much as possible if it's later than week 2-3 which it looks like it's late 3 early 4, take off as much fan leaves as you can.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Removing fan leaves is like removing the plants solar panels. If your past experience weeks, let the plant ride it out. Or snip a few (minimal!) Under growth. Leave the fans. Allow the plant to drop them as the plant sees fit.

No fan leaves = shitty growth

Azumi207

Azumi207

Removing fan leaves is like removing the plants solar panels. If your past experience weeks, let the plant ride it out. Or snip a few (minimal!) Under growth. Leave the fans. Allow the plant to drop them as the plant sees fit.

No fan leaves = shitty growth

Yes your leaves are your solar panels and your storehouses for food for the plants, I'm just saying taking enough of the top to shed light on some undergrowth would probably make a bit of a difference due to having so many plants in a confined space, your not really getting a ton of light down past the top layer of that canopy, you should clip the smallest stuff off the bottom that you know for a fact won't ever get light in its flowering life, after that try to let light in, with all those "solar panels" & "storehouses" not getting any light therefore not doing any work, those node sights will produce small wispy larfy buds. It's a balance between the two, the plants will always grow more leaves.

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 0828
IMG 0829
IMG 0830
Lol yes guys! This was what I came to ask today! Now I know there is a balance between not pruning leaves (need them for energy) and prunIng ( to get light where it is needed) now where do you guys think I stand with this? Should I prune a little more it is late (day 28)

Azumi207

Azumi207

I'd say it's the right time to defoliate, if your bigger fan leaves are more red/purple on the stem of the leaf and the leaf is larger than your palm and that leaf is covering nugs that are below, take that leaf off, more light to more buds equals bigger yield per nug. The spectrum for HPS(I'm assuming your using) is more site growth, as in the processing done at the site is for that particular site on the plant, so when you have a ton of growth on the bottom that never gets any light they never get bigger even though you have a ton of leaves on top getting light, I usually leave a few leaves up on the crown (top of the cola/branch) and work my way down defoliating as needed, your plant may look a little bare but they bounce back. Plants usually drink/eat more when you defoliate due to you taking away most of the "storehouses" or leaves. I'll have some pictures of some of mine that ive defoliated.

Trentski420

Trentski420

K thx for advIce you are aware of the correlation between pruning and hormone productiOn particularly the flowering hormone I believe (florigan?)

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 0835
IMG 0834
IMG 0833
IMG 0832
Ok so I went at this pruning job with full intentions of not letting things go overboard However when I got into it I realized that this def should have been done and done so much earlier .. I'll post I a pic tomorrow when they liven up but here's one too show my damage.. did I go too far? It's a lot for day 28 I think

stonestacker

stonestacker

I don't think you went too far. I defoliated all my crops. Just do a little at a time then give them a day or two and hit them again.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Thx just did she looks fine but just cause you said that I removed anything that looks even close to being bug food

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

One of the biggest problems with a full canopy is lack of airflow. Cannabis does best with a constant airflow, over all the leaves on the plant. Transpiration is required for proper nutrient uptake and utilization, no/low airflow through the canopy will slow/stop transpiration.

Other major concerns are mold and hot spots. Where the airflow is low or slow, HID lighting will heat up the moisture in the air of the pocket and mold spores will germinate easier.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ya I got fairly small size closet with a 260 cfm exhaust 2 small clip on fans and 1 big clip on above canopy 1 small fan below and another 1 that operates out front when lights on.. beside closet is a window I leave open at night and a 150cfm intake online during the day

Trentski420

Trentski420

My veg "room" (cabinet) was giving plants signs of nute deficiency which I discovered was from improper ventilation which I have corrected and it's back to pumping out healthy veg for the flower closet

Top Bottom