ladybug or imposter?

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

Damnit it's only march I shouldn't have to worry about this yet! I did some google image searches on imposter ladybug but I can't tell what this is. Anyone?

Keep in mind your opinion will determine the fate of this creature!

IMG_0065.jpg
IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0063.jpg
IMG_00621.jpg

B

Boots Sugarleaf

it's a lady bug, they are fine for your garden, they help.

C

CheebaMonkey

oh, I forgot to mention that I found one of these guys a while back outside of the grow area. I didn't think much of it because it wasn't anywhere near the plants. But this one was resting on a fan leaf.

MY plants are on day 40 flower and looking yellow but their bud development is good and no visible signs of insect damage.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

yup lady bug..and it was in there eting something..and they have hatched in my house in winter when we have warmer weather as we have lately. no worries let them be. take care and be safe..Harvest time soon..yippy!!!!

:passingjoint:

L

Lost

Lucky! I wish I had lady bugs in my grow.. The only thing I get is the occational ant that decided to climb mount cola only to get stuck in sticky trics.. lol..

old.Ford

old.Ford

I have a 3 plant white widow grow going in my bedroom and sunday last I had one of those little gals flying around in the dark room. It startled me but I figured it to be a lady bug and left it be. Hope everyone is right on this one, but the plants are doing great. If I ever figure out how to send the photos over the computer without worrying about getting a knock on the door I'll share. old.Ford

C

CAPO

The one pictured sometimes called an Asian or Japanese or Halloween ladybug but always is Harmonia axyridis. They are good at eating aphids and sometimes thrips. These are not the usual predatory types offered by commercial companies; those are mainly called Convergent ladybird beetles, also known as Hippodamia convergens.

The Japanese ladybug is somewhat beneficial as you can imagine, they also have the ability to bite you. I would prefer to have a ladybug introduced from a commercial provider, rather than the wild, because I believe these creatures can also introduce unwanted contaminates such as powdery mildew spores from the outside.

Your call, I say kill them or move them outside, especially if you don't have other pests such as thrips or aphids.

C

CheebaMonkey

Excellent post CAPO. I think they've been living in my house this entire winter feeding off of what I have no idea. Luckily their numbers are very few and this is the first one I found in the grow room itself so I think I'll let it go for now. But as soon as they're numbers increase even slightly I won't be so kind!

forknowledge

forknowledge

The one pictured sometimes called an Asian or Japanese or Halloween ladybug but always is Harmonia axyridis. They are good at eating aphids and sometimes thrips. These are not the usual predatory types offered by commercial companies; those are mainly called Convergent ladybird beetles, also known as Hippodamia convergens.

The Japanese ladybug is somewhat beneficial as you can imagine, they also have the ability to bite you. I would prefer to have a ladybug introduced from a commercial provider, rather than the wild, because I believe these creatures can also introduce unwanted contaminates such as powdery mildew spores from the outside.

Your call, I say kill them or move them outside, especially if you don't have other pests such as thrips or aphids.

I have a huge Gnat problem in my cab & the insecticides are not working not even "Gnat off" will the ladybugs be any use?

Top Bottom